1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

10 different aproaches for Hollywood

Discussion in 'Sensorium' started by Cúchulainn, Jun 1, 2005.

1. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

1. Have a gay action character that 'gets the cute guy'.

2. Use Chinese people for Chinese roles not Hawians

3. Use Arabs for Arab roles not Antonio Bandaras!

4. Have overweight females for a sex-scene.

5. When making movies about history and mythology, have the script writer actually read up on these subjects.

6. Use a good looking man and an ugly female for a change.

7. Have a terrorist movie where the terrorists are NOT Russian, Arab, Persian or German!

8. Have Americans as bad guys

9. Stop using CGI because you can

10. Let the actors and actresses go 'au natural' - no implants, make up, harmful diets.

[ June 01, 2005, 16:26: Message edited by: Cesard the Fir Bolg ]

2. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Not agreeing on #3, there's NEVER enough Antonio! :p

Bt on the others, much agreeing :D

3. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    How about ban sex scenes?

4. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

Nah, a big pile of gay sex scenes is bound to make it popular amongst the people. :shake:

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    How about an original plot and arresting characters instead of the usual cardboard cutouts mouthing stale, trite garbage? Maybe we wouldn't need any of those gimmicks then...

even Antonio :p

6. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    Denzel's where it's at :p

Man on Fire, baby

7. Son of Bhaal Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

But could imagine if he was gay, overweight and was a terrorist?

8. Lynadin Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Haha this made me laugh at first, but then again, it's the unfortunate thruth :eek:
    The most important is that the movie becomes a blockbuster, it doesn't matter if the film is good.

9. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

How about getting new people for movies. They all just seem too phoney with all the actors in them. Get real people to play the parts...

10. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

No, you see, movie producers want to make money.

11. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Huh? There are plenty of movies where the Americans are bad guys. Like Back to the Future - Biff was American.

12. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

This was probably meant Americans being bad against the rest of the world e.g. the Italian movie 'Cannibal Holocaust'. Biff was just a 'misguided kid'!

I always wondered about no.2. Its not like the US has a shortage of people of Asian heritage.

13. AMaster Gems: 26/31

Media:
    I'd go so far as to say that in *most* movies with a "real-world" setting, Americans are the bad guys. It's just that other Americans happen to be the good guys.

14. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

There WAS a film with a good looking guy and an ugly bag -- it was entitled "The Mirror has 2 Faces" and starred Barbara Streisand, who is the ugliest, most revolting, least talented disaster to ever hit the screen. I didn't see the whole movie because as soon as she showed up, I had to hit the toilet and vomit my heart out.

15. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Man, you are too cruel. :lol: Don't let her catch you spelling her name like that (Barbara, instead of Barbra). She might come after you. :D

16. Faraaz Gems: 26/31

I agree with pretty much all of them too, except for number 9 atleast...CGI is goooood. :D

17. Shrikant

Shrikant Swords! Not words! Veteran

No thanks. Too close to reality here :heh:

18. Cúchulainn Gems: 28/31

Not sure what you mean.

Lets say you see some sexy girl that is at the maximum weight that is still considered 'normal', she puts on 2 pounds so therefore becomes 2 pounds overweight, does her face suddnly break out in puss filled sores, and her body twists and contorts?

Of course anyone that weighs over 200 pounds would not be very attractive, but being slightly heavy looks more sexy than someone that is nothing more than a collection of bones with no body shape. I prefer curvy females anyway ;)

19. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

Hollywood has addressed the fat actress issue several times, though not well -- Shallow Hal (from what I saw from commercials) seemed to indicate that if you were to look into the soul of a large woman, you'd see beauty -- and that beauty would manifest itself as her being skinny! Ouch.

Presently Kirstie Alley is doing her show, which I have no desire to watch because I don't like her, be she fat or skinny.

Camryn Manheim from "The Practice" did a TVM a while back, that wasn't too bad. I actually like old Camryn's looks. Of course . . .

The fact is that I'm what my friends call a "chubby chaser", which means that I like women who are larger than those you typically see on the screen. My big hang up is skin complexion, which is just as shallow as the weight thing, I know.

20. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Doesn't matter what they make. In the end, they still screw it with over-professionalism and forgetting the meaning of 'creativity.' It's just the same, old (a.k.a "well experienced") recycling their ideas from company to company...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.