1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

1000 Registered Members of Boards O' Magick

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Taluntain, Jan 30, 2001.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Just wanted to post this here too, since I know that many infidels here "forget" to check the daily news at http://www.sorcerers.net/index.php ;)
    -----------------------------------------

I am proud to announce that we now officially have the first 1000 registered members of the boards since I started them at the end of June last year.
    It's been a bumpy ride lately, but now things have settled down a bit. In the first few months the boards have been online there was really little need for any moderation, since I designed them so that they turned away some "undesirable elements". The obligatory registration before posting, no posting of signature pictures and generally keeping an eye on things and closing down topics when they simply got too hot to handle has also taken its toll, so the number of people visiting them is probably a lot smaller than it would have been if there were basically no rules or moderation, but as I have witnessed the chaos something like that can do to the usefulness of a message board, I definitely did not want this to happen at our own as well. And I think the decision has been the right one.
    For as long as the boards have existed people have always agreed with me on this matter practically 100%, and have praised our boards as the most informative, clean, and no-nonsense out there. But hey, don't think I'm making this up, this stuff is all coming from what people have posted at our boards over the period of about 6 months.

In all the time the boards have been online till this day only 2 people had to be banned, which is certainly very good statistics and should give you an idea how our boards function. We try to solve every problem that occurs nicely and with patience, and resort to banning only in the most dire circumstances, for instance when people try to spam them. (As was the case with the 2 banned offenders). Together we have formed a pleasant community to which many people return to daily, and even if we see some of our earliest member disappear from time to time, they all eventually come back. I hope that all of our existing and future members will continue to enjoy the forums as much as I have. Thanks guys and gals, you are THE BEST! ;)

And in case you aren't a member of our boards yet, know that there we help people with all of the games Sorcerer's Place covers (Baldur's Gate I and II, Planescape: Torment, Icewind Dale, Pool of Radiance: Ruins of Myth Drannor, Neverwinter Nights and any other CRPG you can think of), talk generally about CRPGs, fantasy books, the meaning of life, yellow feelings(?) and much more.
    All in all, we're one big happy (if sometimes a bit dysfunctional) family everybody is welcome to join. ;)

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017
  2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

[​IMG] In short what our mighty leader is trying to say is that this is one of the best boards out their for CRPGs. We in general have a excellent group of people involved and all us users are vary thankful that this board is here for our enjoyment.

3. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

[​IMG] Congratulations, Sorcerer!! And thanks!

4. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Blimey! 1000 people! Cool!

I just want to say that i am proud to say that i am proud to be part of the Sorcerers Place community...can i have a raise? :D

5. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Who gives a #$^%@?
    uh....NOOOOO *incinerates in Sorcerer's Level 20 fireball.*
    :D

6. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] WhooHoo! It's a beautiful thing! Congratulations Sorcerer! This place rocks!
    :D

7. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

You know...

I think it would be a great idea to send the 1,000th registered poster a free copy of Heart of Winter when it arrives!

For their help and dedication to posting and being a member of Sorcerer's Place, it's the least anyone could do!

Perhaps the 2,000th registered member could receive a Bioware game pack! Baldur's Gate, Tales of the Sword Coast and Baldur's Gate 2 as a prize!

Maybe...just maybe colored names for those who have posted over 1,000 posts!

:rolleyes:      :rolleyes:
           :rolleyes:

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Syl...

[This message has been edited by Sylvus Moonbow (edited January 30, 2001).]

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Oh no, don't do it! If you do, we'll have a bunch of evil alter ego registrations going on! ;)

9. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I'd have my name in red...

10. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I'd have mine in colors!

S in white
    Y in yellow
    L in red
    V in dark red
    U in dark magenta
    S in magenta

Syl...

11. Wassup Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

who is the lucky 1000s member?

12. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    The thousandth member has registered with the name mikebros.

Sylvus, if you're volounteering to be the boards' Santa and provide all those games, I'll gladly paint your letters any way you want them. ;)

13. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

YES! its about time that this fine board had members in the 1000's! at the rate it was growing I'd of thought it would happen sooner.

14. Modjahed Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

LOL! :cool: You did a very good job, Tal.
    1) You were able to gather a community of mature and intelligent people (CRPG or no CRPG)
    2) People here know SO much. When I think on how much time would I need to spend in front of the PC to figure it all out it scares me.

You all are the best (... and we are the champions my friend...) :D

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] You think i'm mature and intelligent? I shall take that as a ... compliment. Thankyou and i bid thee well on thee travels.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.