1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2008 Day of the Dead

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2009
  2. Silvery

Silvery I won't pretend to be your friend coz I'm just not ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    my dad died when he was 36 of a heart attack. he was a great guy and everyone who met him says that they will always remember him, he was larger than life, funny, loyal, clever and a fantastic friend. i was only 2 when he died, my sister was 6 months old and it was the night of my mums birthday.

mum and dads song was 'the power of love' and even thought i can only just remember him, that song always makes me cry

3. The Magister Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    [​IMG] I remember my friend Alex, who was hit by a car while riding his bike. He was a friend since I was 6 years old

I remember Willi, who passed away not 3 days ago from a fungal infection. He has cancer, yet he died of a fungal infection he got after a successful cemo treatment. How is that fair? :cry:

I remember them both, and always will.

4. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

/proposes a toast to the memory of the fallen

5. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

to my grandfathers.

and my friend jerric. you got to live fast, die young and leave a good-looking corpse. and you never did get around to lending me your copy of Final Fantasy Tactics you jerk. we miss you.

6. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Well, since I haven't seen this thread the other years, I guess I can safely go back three years.

To my father, who passed away in March '06. The last two years of his life were spent in a wheelchair after he lost one leg to Type II Diabetes. I would have spared him the pain and suffering, if I could. At least he lived to see his third great-grandson but he will never know his great-granddaughters. :(

(Yes, both my sisters are grandmothers. :geezer:)

To my former colleague, who died of cancer in 2006. She was in her mid-forties and left four children behind, three of them underage. I don't know where they are today but I often think of them. That is just too young to die, and for the children, too young to lose a parent.

And to another former colleague and manager, who also succumbed to cancer last November. Also in his mid-forties, he left behind two young children.

7. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

This past year I lost my Grandmother. She was 86, so she got a long full life. Her health had been failing for while before the end, so we knew it was coming. Five of my cousins joined me as pall bearers, and she's re-united with the grandfather that died when I was a kid.

Also I'd be remiss if I didn't mention Gary Gygax who also passed on this spring. Even though I never met the man, I was in the same room as him a couple times at GenCon. He got the loudest ovation during the DM boot camp at GenCon 2000. Even louder than the 3rd edition PHB!

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

To one of my closest friends, Melissa, who died two weeks ago from ovarian cancer, leaving behind a teenage daughter. She was like a sister to me, loved life and lived it large -- and was my best buddy all through college. While our many memories will always make me smile, her loss cuts so deeply. :cry:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.