1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2010 Xmas - What does everyone have planned or wished for this year?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Munchkin Blender, Nov 29, 2010.

1. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31
    Latest gem: Sphene

This year my family is going electronic crazy; as probably most families tend to do around the holidays lately.

I bought my 5 year old daughter a Nintendo DSi and accessories to protect the system, SD card, hold the games, ear phones, carry case, extra stylus, etc… and 7 games.

For my wife I bought her a Nintendo DS Lite along with similar accessories to my daughter, 3 or 4 games, a digital picture frame, SD card for the picture frame, and some other smaller electronic items. Can’t think of them off hand.

Talking last night with my dad this year he went out and bought himself for Xmas a 60” Plasma TV, 2 Xbox (1 4GB and a 250GB w/ Kentic system) and a few other smaller electronic items.

My conversation with my dad led us to talk about the new Xbox toy. I told him I was considering buy the 4GB Xbox system with Kentic and at that point he told me not and wait until I open my Xmas gift from him. At that point I said, so it looks like I’m getting an Xbox for Xmas, sweet. Not only am I getting an Xmas Xbox for Xmas but I already bought myself 6 PS3 games for Xmas, which I wrapped myself and my wife is going to be buying me a surprise gift for either the PS3 or Xbox 360.

So now I will (in the near future) have all three of the current Generation systems from Nintendo (Wii), Sony (PS3) and Microsoft (Xbox 360) in my living room all setup to my 46” Sony LCD TV I bought last year. SWEET!

Along with all of the electronic purchases above, I purchased my mother-in-law a popcorn popper and will be purchasing her the Mia electrosonic facial brush and my father-in-law is going to be receiving some blue-ray movies and a few other smaller items.

This year is a pretty decent year. I just hope the Xbox 360 I get does not end up with the Red Ring of Death.

So, is there any good CRPG games for the Xbox, other Dragon Age, that is worth getting?

Last edited: Dec 16, 2010
  2. Decados

Decados The Chosen One

Media:
    Tried Red Dead Redemption? Going back slightly, Fallout 3 would be another possibility.

Yep, I'd say 'sweet' sums that up pretty well!

3. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    My mother already told me that she will give a small fridge for my new room, so that's cool. Another important thing that the room is still missing is a filter coffee machine, so perhaps my brother can do something about that :)

Something else? I don't know. One or two music cd's perhaps.. Last year my mom got me a Johnny Cash collection album. It's still one of the best things I got for Christmas so far :D

4. Chandos the Red

Chandos the Red This Wheel's on Fire

Media:
    I just got started shopping. The kids lists are pretty long this year, but so far I've managed:

A new black leather jacket for Mrs. Chandos
    A flip ultra camera for my oldest daughter
    I ordered a new DS Lite for my middle one

Much more to come....

I'm still hoping for my new guitar:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/...ES335-Satin-Finish-Electric-Guitar?sku=517751

ES 335 - Classic blues/rock goodness.... :bigeyes:

But a new Denon AVR-3310CI showed up on the doorstep last week (which I also put on my list). Mrs. Chandos found a super deal on it. :cool: I'll have to wait and see. :hmm:

5. dmc

dmc Speak softly and carry a big briefcase Staff Member Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's a sweet guitar Chandos. Little pricey given the current economic times, but you can dream . . .

Good thing your family doesn't visit SP, no? Kinda spoil the surprise.

6. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Sigh...still dreaming, DMC. :)

:doh: I found out today that it was a DSi that she wanted. Good thing I still have time to send it back.

7. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Good thing there is still time...

With the XBox sitting next to the Xmass tree (would be setup but I have been so busy with Xmass shopping, Grad school, and my daughter's activities, etc...) I know most of the stuff I will be getting for my new toy. Mass Effect 1 and 2, an HDMI cable (can't getting a HD gaming system using lousy cabling), controller battery pak (I hate batteries), and XXXX (unknown gift for the XBox).

I have so many games waiting for me on XMass that I won't know which one to play but I also can't start playing them until Monday because my mom and in-laws will be at my house early on Xmass for a lunch/dinner. Than on Sunday my wife's family is celebrating XMass at my house (in-laws sleeping over). How exciting for me to have 10 new games that won't be played until Monday. I may be able to squeeze some PS3 gaming time since I have a spare system in the bedroom but I don't know which game I would want to play. I have so many....

With my daughter getting her DSi and my wife also getting one I have a very strong gut feeling that the time I might be able to slip out of sight and mind to play the PS3 will be spent with my daughter helping her play with her new DSi games.

I feel like a kid in a candy store this year. This is the first time in a long time that I'm excited about XMass. Mainly because I am going to be able to surprise my wife and daughter and have not told them what they are getting, surprisingly. (I have a hard time with keeping things to myself - like what I got someone for a gift).

PS3 Games I am getting for XMass: Fallout 3, Uncharted 1, Killzone 2, Rachet and Crank, Star Wars: Force Unleashed, and MGS:4

8. Chandos the Red

Media:
    Mission accomplished, and I have the new DSi safely tucked away. :)

Now it's "Toy R Us" time. That will be everything from "Littlest" Pet Shops" to Doll houses, to fire trucks and water toys, including a Little Tikes Adventure water table, and a Push n Go toy mower for my son. He'll need the "practice" for when he gets older. :shake:

Also, added Mrs. Chandos' new 4G IPhone to the "accomplished" list.

They never bother to come to this site, especially Mrs. Chandos. She thinks I waste too much time here. :lol:

I have the cash for it, but it's supposed to be for a down payment on a new car for me next year (Mrs. has her own car), which I completely don't want. I have a feeling I will end up with a new car next year anyway, but no USA, Memphis, Gibson. :( I'll probably end up with a Korean knock-off. I suppose I shouldn't complain, since my Epiphone Firebird is Korean, and is very nicely put together and sounds great. But I still have my sights set on a USA made reissue model.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2010
  9. pplr Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Media:
    Games on my wish list.

Rome: Total War available for Macs finally (had eye on it for awhile)

Majesty 2: The Fantasy Kingdom Sim

Europa Universalis (either 3 or Rome Gold Edition)

10. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Hoping for:

Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
    Vanquish
    Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Enslaved: Odyssey to the West

AC:B is the only one I desperately want. Then NFS. The others can wait because they have no online multiplayer so they will last.

11. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    I got myself Lord Of The Rings Online, since I wanted to play an MMO but limit my expenditures.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2010
  12. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Family, friends, food, and the possibility of Tron. What more could I ask for?

Well, maybe Digital Devil Saga for PS2. As for everyone else, my wife has re-discovered her obsession with the Star Wars collectable card game (she got a signed Picard card in one of her first packs, and that hooked her). My brother's currently being chased by a Gaelic-English dictionary (shipping fun). He wants it for writing. My dad's getting a nice Riesling I got from a nearby german store. Mom meanwhile... wanted oven mits. Well, at least it was a simple request.

13. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I'm spending it with my family, and I can't wait. I don't see them anywhere near enough these days, and I think changing that is the first of my New Years Resolutions.

14. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

Thanks to the Xmas gift from my dad I can spend some time with him using Video Kinect. Not the same as being there but better than a phone call.

My wife parents and my mom are going to be over my house on Christmas, weather pending, for a baked ham dinner (I'm the cook and believe me it will be AWESOME!).

It snowed today and my daughter is even now more excited for Christmas. She wants to build a snowman in the front of the house. I told her when I get home from work we will build frosty.

Two more days and I will be busy setuping two Nintendo DS, cooking, having a video call, and spending plenty of time with the family. Can't wait for the holiday to arrive.

Happy Holidays everyone!

15. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I have a 3-year old. To list everything he is getting would test the character limit on posts for this site.

The problem is two-fold. He's our only child, and since none of my brothers have kids, he also happens to be my parents only grandchild. Which is a means of saying he pretty much gets whatever he wants - especially as it regards my parents. I still have to set spending limits in terms of saving for retirement, saving for college, and paying off a mortgage, whereas my parents are OK in the first department, and have no expenditures in the second two departments.

Anyway, we're spending the holiday with my family. My mother has everything wrapped already and well-concealed in the basement. I'll play "Santa" after my son goes to bed a lug everything upstairs.

Having said all that, I'm looking forward to this holiday season, and it's precisely because of my son. I finally realized that I only have about two or three years of this. There's a window in time that starts at around 3 when they are completely able to communicate with you, and ends at around 5 or 6 when they go to school. In that window of time, your kids revere you, and kind of look at you as a superhero/godhead/whatever. They pretty much believe anything you tell them. Then they eventually go to school and figure out you're an idiot. So I'm trying to fully appreciate this time.

I also realize that I only have about 3 years to convince my son that he's a Steeler fan. We live near Baltimore, so if that's not accomplished before he goes to school, he very well may end up rooting for the Ravens! Don't give in to the peer pressure!

16. Saber

Sounds like a terrible idea! Big Ben is no role model for children! Tom Brady, on the other hand, encourages kids to grow long hair and date super models. Patriots all the way, WOO!

:p

17. Gaear

Gaear ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful

Media:
    They say there eventually comes a time when they come full circle and realize you weren't so stupid after all, so there's still hope for after 5 - 6. :)

18. Munchkin Blender Gems: 22/31

If you child believes in Santa it can last a lot longer. One of my colleagues her daughter was 12 and still believed in Santa just a couple of years ago. Her daughter is now 14 or 15 and knows where all the gifts come from.

I'm going to do my best to keep my 5 year old little girl in believing in Santa Clause. My wife on the other hands wants to kill him off ASAP. The joy of Christmas as a child is waking up and finding all the cool presents Santa left for you under the tree.

I'm fine with giving Santa credit for the cool gifts and letting me take credit for the not so cool gifts (cool - Nintendo DSi, etc... Not Cool - Clothes...)

19. Saber

That, my friend, is the key. Don't let your wife have her way in this! I was 13 I believe when I figured it out, but those first 12 years rocked. I was still excited on Christmas, but not nearly as much.

20. 8people

8people 8 is just another way of looking at infinite ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
    [​IMG] Must admit I never really believed in santa, despite what my family did to make it believable. What made Christmas magical for me was the whole family being together for a few days a year.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.