1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

2E Game - Any Takers?

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Jun 22, 2003.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I started a poll a little while ago asking what system and type of game you'd prefer and 2E won hands down. At least 13 votes on it. So here I am to see whos actualy going to do what they said they were going to do.
    I'm thinking of a very über epic game, BGish. World isn't set yet, either homemade or FR. Any rules I don't like will be ignored.
    And no, I'm not expecting that much of a response, no matter what the poll results said. People here seem to have a vendetta against 2E.
    Any takers?

2. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I never tried it but I always wanted to! Anyone that makes a comment about that last statement will be FIRST on "The Atlas of Doom" :p If you are willing to accept a Drunken CN Bard, I'm in Aik :)

3. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Ah, off to a good start. Also, most types of classes, kits, and races will be accepted. It will probably be set in a not too high magic world, so probably no FR.

4. Volsung Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I'm in.

"Me hammer be bloody ready"... and enchanted by divine magic. :D

5. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

*yawn* I'm in, whatever class you want.

6. Oaz Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Eeeek!

2E! Heresy!

/me runs away to the safe and cozy hearth of 3E, at least until 3.5E is up. :D :p

7. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ladies and gentlemen! His Boozeness the Grand Master of the Order of Everfull Chalice!

Greetings and let the Force be with you. I join in.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Heh, I was just waiting for a smart arse comment from you Oaz :p
    Anyhow, for characters use rolling method IV. Most types of characters will be accepted, just check with me if its weird or über in any way.
    Lets see how quickly this game can get off the ground, hopefully soon and not months later as per usual.

9. Erebus Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

I'm in once I know the 2E rules etc.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    Count me in. One elvish assassin comigh right up... :p

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

And thats all spots filled. Everyone head to the chatroom as often as possible so we can discuss it. More info on the game world coming tomorrow, I should be able to write something up in some unimportant class.

12. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm putting my two weeks in, don't even crack a smile when I don't show up tomorrow. Laugh it up funny boy :shake:

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*Promptly ignored Sorvo's post in the hopes that he will come back*

Anyhow people, I was feeling a bit creative and did some writing on the world. If you need specific information on places ask. More should come tomorrow. And just in case you don't know, characters start at level one.

Arkenfeld is a great kingdom held together by the iron fist of King Entel IX, and has existed for hundreds of years. It has entered a golden age, where great knights wear fancy armour to a formal occasion rather than to battle. Their enemies have been vanquished or subdued long ago, and so there is no real need for any armies, though the skill of fighting is still highly appraised by those out for entertainment.
    The rich and famous pay thousands of gold pieces to hire artisans ans sculpors. This has become the main form of battle in the real these days, outdoing those around you with superior artworks. The noble that doesn't have a pure gold statue of themselves is a very sad one indeed.
    Bards are also in fashion. Wandering minstrils are always welcome in any tavern or court. Jesters patrol the streets alongside the city guards, who are no longer the fierce warriors they were two hundred years ago. Tournements are held often to the great joy of all. Those that still aspire to become great warriors flock to the tourney grounds, and thousands of spectators follow. These are what attracts great crowds to various cities, though if you want to attract some good knights and lots of spectators you'd better be ready to spend up big. These events are chock full of entertainment, with several events including the joust, melee, duels, and archery. Thieves have a grand time, the lesser ones just like to pinch food off the tables, while those of grander ambitions may decide to try their luck in a knight's pockets. Either way they are likely to get what they want, or lose a hand.
    Thieves are becoming a problem in many cities in Arkenfeld, and heavy handed laws are been introduced to deal with them. Punishments such as takiing off a pickpocket's hands are becoming common in areas where theives are thickest. It is rumored that some of the thieves guilds opening up in different cities are linked.
    Political rivalries are also becoming more fierce, with several assassination attempts been made public recently. Not content with merely defeating each other in art (though maybe because they have failed at this do they resort to such measures) high ranking nobles feel that killing each other off or discrediting each other is the key to power. King Entel IX has ignored this political bickering so far, and has shown signs that he is going to continue upon that course of action.

Carius is a large city near the Rioan, which is a long, winding river. The city is set some way inland, surrounding it on one side is a forest, which has been cut back from the city walls a bit. On the other side there is a great open plain, where tournaments and fairs are held. The city is ruled over by Duke Farenhelf, a rich noble of high repute. He is known to be lofty and aloof, though fair when it comes down to it. He enjoys watching a good party or tournament, but would never get involved himself. The lesser nobles compete for his attention, throwing parties in his honor (which he rarely attends) and sending him gifts.
    The keep is in the centre of the city, and is where the Duke lives. Branching out from it are the larger houses where the nobels live. The houses get progressivly smaller as you get closer to the walls. The poorest area of town is along the west wall, facing the forest. All kind of scum live here, and it's the best place to get mugged.

14. Sorvo

Media:
    [​IMG] Sounds like a interesting realm! Count my Gallant back in :) He sees a young punk named chevalier, looking for a joust :p

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Magic plays a very small part in Arkenfeld, though is more accepted in other parts of the world. Often practitioners of the arcane arts will find themselves assulted on all sides by religious fanatics and superstitious townspeople. The more prudent mage will tell no one but their close friends and not practise their art too openly in areas where it is not welcome.
    There are however a few towns and cities that welcome mages for practical and not so practical purposes. Magic can be thought of as a great entertainment, or help do all the mundane tasks that need doing. A skilled mage may be tolerated in a town that is not as suspicious as the norm because the potential gains outweigh the negatives, as in the mage may be able to do dirty work for them.
    There is rumoured to be a great castle hidden somewhere inside the kingdom where mages gather from all around. No non magic using person has survived to tell the tale however, and all reliable knowledge has been wiped from history. Rumour also has it that only the most powerful mages ever find their way to the mystical castle where they gain great knowledge and wisdom, but also turn to the forces of evil. This tale is now used to scare young children.
    The main religion of Arkenfeld is the worship of the Triune, three deities that work together to balance out all the different alignments by each supporting one of them. Drisku is the god of Neutrality, Enlefin is of good, and Atelen for evil. They assume neither male or female forms, they rarely need to assume any form, and haven't done so for over two thousand years.
    They do however grant spells to some of their clerics, who are encouraged to dress in colours that most suite their deity of choice. Black for the Ateliens, green for the Enlefiens, and blue for the Driskans. Every city has at least one temple. Depending on their size they may either have a single Triune temple, or three seperate temples to each one. The temples are often large and ornate, with statutes of the deities adorning the corridors and many precious stone been used to decorate the rooms.
    The clergy is ruled over by the T'yishon, a title appointed by the Triune on their last manifestation. The current T'yishon is a man named Rialin, who is rather yound for the position but very popular amoung the church. He is rumoured to be a brilliant diplomat and has so far managed to sort out many tight situations by simply charming the socks off anyone against him.
    The Church of the Triune is rich, filthy rich. They have so much money that they can afford to do anything that they damn well like. Only the best land is bought up by them, often that on high ground for their temples. Money is thrown away in many useless ventures and in decorating the massive temples. Only the Enlefiens spend their money for the benifit of society.

16. chevalier

Media:
    Sorry, I had 71 gp on start. I can't afford a chainmail and you want me to buy a jousting lance? :D

Well, if someone lends me a horse I can buy a jousting lance tip (5% to fall off)...

17. Malaqai Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Should you need his help, the dwarven cleric Bruodin stands ready...

18. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Sure, bring in any character you want. But just so that you know we already have a dwarven fighter/cleric.

19. Sorvo

Media:
    Sorvo will recant his Gallantish Tales after the Festival of Fire, known as July 4th :)

20. chevalier

Media:
    'Poor Sorvo's neighbours' says the nearby mighty 1st level paladin in shining leather :lol:

You know, people, you could start sending some characters in to Aikanaro... It's been quite a lot of time now.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.