1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

3rd of eight challenges in monastery (spoiler)

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale 2' started by Thanos, Sep 8, 2002.

1. Thanos Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] Could someone please give me some advice as to how to pass the third challenge, in the monastery basement? I passed the first two (5 levels, shadow doors). The third is the one with the 'magic' circles on the floor. I get blasted by those two crystalline monks and have no clue as to what to do :(

Thanks,

-thanos

2. Werewolf Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Well ,you are supposed to kill them or step on one of the circles to make them stop working

3. Thanos Gems: 5/31

I guess I wasn't clear... I CANT kill them, they beat me to it. And I am using my 170 hp barbarian for the challenges. Anyway, the circles supposedly do something, so that's what I am trying to figure out-any ideas?

-thanos

4. Pilsbane Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Yes, leave and walk up to Aruma. Kill her. Procede to kill all the other monks. Kill Dolon too. The key to get into the next area is on one of their bodies. Then go back to the dwarves and kill all of them too.

Violence > Puzzles.

5. newfiesailor Gems: 1/31

Veteran

Step on the blue circles, they reduce the amount of electrical damage u get. Whack one monk first toso u won't have both of them drilling u with spells.GL

6. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

Each round a different circle sort of glows and looks a little sunken. If you stand on that one, you get 10pts of lightning resistance. Basically, this test is just to kill the two monks. They don't get replaced with each flash, which I thought at first.

Do you have a rogue with a decent attack bonus? Or a fighter character with good "Hide in Shadows" skill? The lightning attacks can be avoided with Evasion and they don't shoot them at all if you are in stealth mode when they appear.a

What I ended up doing is hiding each time they monks reappeared, then running up and whacking on them a bit, then hiding again. That avoided the lightning completely.

7. Nallia Gems: 1/31

I dont remember having a problem here, just have to kill these two, did take me a bit to get the one with knocking both monks unconcious on the pads and pulling the levers. Went through this whole area with a level 12 dark elf paladin. Did not have any problems and never died.

8. Thanos Gems: 5/31

I am now stuck at the spider level in which it seems the spiders always respawn ??!!
    (but haven't been playing much of IWD2 lately-medieval total war has owned my gaming time for 3 weeks now...)

-thanos

9. Vormaerin Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

There are a lot of spiders, but not an infinite amount. This chamber should be titled "Revenge of the Magic User". :) What I did was use my sorceress. She stoneskinned herself, which made her essentially immune to the spiders. Then I tested out all my area of effect spells. Gedlee's Arc, Lance of Disruption, whatever else amused me. Spiders dead, damage taken: ZERO.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.