1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Many Rooms

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by DragonRider SkyWard, Jan 27, 2002.

1. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

A Many Rooms I

Tying one end of the long rope to what he thought was a strong tree; he walked over the well in the ground, only a few feet away. He lowered the rope down into the well. Climbing in after it he slid down the rope and landed softly on the cold stone floor. Looking around he saw what he came for, the Soft Sword. Smoothly, quickly but carefully he moved to the altar where it stood. He studied the altar looking for some hidden trap that would most likely end his life with poison arrows in his gut. Stepping behind the altar with ease he crouched down to hide from the arrows. Using his staff he slowly wedged it under Soft Sword. Then with a swift motion he pulled down on the staff causing Soft Sword to fly of the altar. Arrows from all sides shot at the front of the altar. He stood up, picked up Soft Sword from the ground a few feet away. Looking at the arrows he saw that they were poison arrows, just as he thought. Retrieving rare items from the ancient people was getting a little too easy. Walking back to where his rope was hanging down from he heard a grinding sound. Stone on stone it sounded like with a hint of iron wheels. With no time to waste he ran to the rope hanging from the hole. Reaching it he jumped up it about a foot and started to climb. It would have been a clear way out, but no. More iron wheels sounds. He looked up; iron bars where closing over his only way out! Then out of the corner of his eye he saw it. A door! Jumping down from his rope he ran to the far end of the room, towards the door. Glancing behind him he saw that the altar no longer stood where it once was. It was gone altogether. Now just a plain wall was moving towards him. Spikes were on the wall as well. Soon it would be apron him and the thought of spikes impaling him in the gut motivated him to run faster. He reached the door, pushed. It wouldn't move! He looked around for a keyhole and found it. He produced a small rod from his pocket. Only about three inches long. It had little runes on it. He inserted the rod into the keyhole. It started to glow with an off white but pink color. The stone door is self was in scripted with many, many runes that he was not able to read. There was a click then some more iron wheels started to turn. The sound of iron wheels was so loud he couldn't her himself think. A clicking sound was coming from above him, another iron gate was descending apron him. He could wait no longer; he started to push on the door with all his might hopping that it would open. Suddenly the door opened, the moving wall closed in on him and the gate came down. He jumped into the darkness of what was lying beyond the door.

I hope that you've enjoyed the first part of my tale. If any it gets enough people who want more then I'll put the second up. Thanks for reading!

2. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] *Me turns up the Indiana Jones theme.*

Nice, but who is "He".

3. DragonRider SkyWard Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

This is odd. I dont remember posting this...it's ok good. But I have no idea why I posted this. What was I on?

Umm, Tal you can send this to where ever dead posts go. Sorry I took up space and didn't even know it. Thanks in advance!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.