1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A question for coffee drinkers.

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Dice, Sep 24, 2006.

1. Dice

Dice ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran

Media:
  2. Shaitan

Shaitan Always forgive your enemies; it annoys them so

:lol: what a twisted question...

I started around fifteen

3. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    Around age five.

4. Shaitan

Five?? Now that's twisted :)

5. Mesmero

Mesmero How'd an old elf get the blues?

16ish

6. Taza

Taza Weird Modmaker Veteran

Four or three. Quitted when I was twelve.

7. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    MMmm last year that would be 17.

8. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

What do you mean by 'start'?

Do you mean when did you have your first sip of coffee (probably very young)?

Or when you had your first full cup of coffee (would have been about 18)?

Or when did you start having them regularly - say at least 3 per week (that would have been at age 26)?

9. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    28 or so. When I grew up, my parents drank Nescafe instant. That stuff was so vile that it put me off coffee until I discovered Starbucks.

10. Harbourboy

Harbourboy Take thy form from off my door! Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Hmm, despite the fact that I have some Starbucks shares, Starbucks coffee is not really that nice either. Just like a hamburger from your local hamburger shop (or one you make at home) is much nicer than a McDonalds one - a coffee from a good cafe (or one you make at home) is vastly superior to a Starbucks one.

11. Sir Fink Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

18. Freshman year of college.

12. Dice

Media:
    @ Montresor - Do you think it had any ill effects upon you, starting at such a young age?

I'm not sure when I started drinking coffee on a regular basis. Probably around 15 or 16.

13. Montresor

Montresor Mostly Harmless Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    No ill effects so far, at least that I'm aware of. :)

I started drinking coffee because my parents and my older sisters did, so I wanted to be part of the family and "grown-up".

14. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    In high school - 16 or so - but usually only when I ditched morning classes to go eat at a local cafe with friends. Then not regularly until I worked at Starbucks in college. Then I drank it every day, but that's because I got it for free. I must have overloaded myself on the stuff, because I rarely drink it now. I guess once you get used to quality, it's tough to go back to that Folgers crap.

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

I first started drinking coffee about 12 as an after dinner drink, this was filtered coffee. I moved on to regular instant coffee about 15 and started drinking it on a regular basis. It was at uni that I was introduced to the delights of Coffea canephora as a bean, which could be ground and make real coffee; and I've been an addict ever since.

I have 2 coffee grinders, one electric, one manual, 2 filter machines, an espresso machine, an espresso jug and a capauccino machine.

16. Shaitan

17. Rallymama Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Media:
    @HB: I agree, of course - homebrewed coffee is better than purchased. Anymore I buy coffee only when I don't have the opportunity to bring my own. Thing is, before I tasted a cup from Starbucks, I didn't have the slightest interest in making my own - I thought all coffee tasted like instant.

18. Dice

Media:
    Ooohh Darkstrider... I'm coming to your house for coffee,...and expresso...and capauccino.

ummm, do you think you could possibly whip up a pavlova? I've actually never tried it but from what you've written in the past it sounds great. Probably would go nicely with some expresso.

19. Takara

Takara My goodness! I see turnips everywhere

Media:
    I was 23 when I got into coffee

20. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

@Dfly if you want a nice desert with Espresso, try an Italian Vanilla Ice cream with an espresso pored over it :yum: And of course you're welcome, gimme a couple of days notice so I can make a scrummy pavlova.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.