1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A simple question

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by joacqin, Aug 7, 2001.

1. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Which i doubt that i will get a satisfactory answer to. Here it comes: Why?

2. ArtEChoke Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

Because peanut butter doesn't come in spray paint cans.

3. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Because there is a possibilty that aliens may be able to breed without orgasms which with my train of thought is a very sad thing indeed.

4. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Because I said so.

5. shadow_thief Guest

First of all...why are you asking why to why you want to ask why?

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Because im kinda depressed right now and im seeking the meaning of life and 42 isnt satisfactory.
    There doesnt seem to be a meaning to life we are born we live and we die. The only thing we can do is to keep busy so we dont wonder why.

7. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Because...It's the Law! :D

8. shadow_thief Guest

LOL! And it's because I'm now saying I'm 15 to all the newbies...play along with the trick ppl. ;)

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] OKay Queen Spammerella! ;)

*** Just Kidding With Ya Shadow! ;) ***

[This message has been edited by Sir Belisarius (edited August 07, 2001).]

10. The Deviant Mage Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

By the whiskers of a random cat, how can 42 be an insatisfactory answer?!

Maybe you just need to think about it some more.

11. Athalon Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Four Noble Truths, By: Confucius
    Suffering
    Suffering
    Suffering
    and more Suffering
    Thats basically why. :)
    Well actually theres something about the 8 Fold Path in the Four Noble Truths.

12. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Because

13. shadow_thief Guest

Bel, please don't call me that. It makes me think of Cinderella(no doubt that's where you got it from) and Cinderella is an old hag by now. Plus, I don't spam as much as I used to(ok I do, but that's not the point) and that BTA doesn't *always* edit my posts.
    <grumble> I wish he doesn't period.

14. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

why? truth be told there are no simple answers, nor are there any complex ones. We live, we love, we toil. we experience both the best of times, and the worst of times. we learn, we love beauty, and we crave truth. we wonder about where we came from, its human nature, but there are no answers. there is simply too much for us to comprehend, and simply too much knowledge to absorb. the answer stretches back for an eternity, and therefore humanity will never find the answers we crave and hope for. and i could say that it is folly to even ask, but it is in the asking that great thoughts are spawned, and humanity attempts to look back as far as it can. we begin to uncover the divine mysteries of life, death, and religion. so these half-answers will always drive us to learn and live and we will be left craving more. the point? its simply to live, and in living experience. to experience life through your own eyes.

15. shadow_thief Guest

No wonder they gave you that avatar Fat Egg. :rolleyes:

Edit: I'm sure you couldn't Bel.

[This message has been edited by shadow_thief (edited August 08, 2001).]

16. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Egg, that was pretty profound! Is that a quote, or did you author that yourself? Impressive....Most Impressive!

Shadow - Sorry, couldn't resist! :D

17. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

We can always trust good old Egg to give us one of his wonders of wisdom! He is our sage!

Why? Well here is my answer to that question...

Because we must live my child and love those that we may and wish to for it is everyones desire to love and recieve love no matter how evil or corrupt they are ... it is everyones wish ... trust me.

18. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

bel - i authored it myself (i havnt felt this profound since philosophy class in college, where i out-thought the teacher ;)

sniper -i definetly agree

19. Gormenghast Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Because thats how its meant to be!

20. PowerPuff Guest

By asking the question "why", you are assuming that we need a reason for everything, and I find this a little depressing.

So the answer is; "Why, indeed?"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.