1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

A Six-Mage Party though SoA...

Discussion in 'Creativity Surge' started by zantetsuken, Sep 20, 2001.

1. zantetsuken Guest

Okay. Here are my Chars for my Six-Mage Party I'm gonna bring through SoA. The main PC is Khaelis' Faeyr, A Proud Mage who, after gleefully criticizing and insulting a Band of Sune's High Priestesses right there in the middle of one of her Devout Temples, (Yup, he was one of the more "none-to-wise")is cursed by Sune Herself. And since the object of his criticism was the fact that Sune's followers couldn't help looking at themselves in mirrors, he was to walk the lands of Faerun as more than one being - his qualities, traits and His overall oneness (thankfully not including his stats) is split into 6 different persons with different thoughts and points of view, though all looking very much alike!

Not much of a curse? Well, if for 75 Days he does not do something Very Noble one of his "forms" die... and after one tenday, another dies, and still on the next tenday, another... etcetera.

I was determined to make things hard, so I chose the Human Class, and put in less points - far from the highest possible stats Mages even from BG1 could achieve. To avoid confusion, I will be limiting Party Interaction to as little as possible. I know lots of you are more interested in the progress...

So, Let's get on with it shall we?

Khaelis' Faeyr
    Male Human
    True Neutral
    Stats:
    Strength 17
    Dexterity 18
    Constitution 16
    Intelligence 19
    Wisdom 15(He's gotten a bit wiser now...after the Sune "incident".)
    Charisma 10(He never did appeal to anyone now, didn't he?)

Khaelis' Faeyr
    Male Human
    Lawful Neutral
    Stats: Same
    Profile: To this one goes much of the arrogance, incompetence and overall sarcasm..

Khaelis' Faeyr
    Male Human
    Chaotic Neutral
    Profile: His..."wilder" side.

Khaelis' Faeyr
    Male Human
    Lawful Evil
    Profile: The lesser evil.

Khaelis' Faeyr
    Male Human
    Chaotic Good
    Profile: I don't know how this got here...probably a lost personality somewhere..:D

Khaelis' Faeyr
    FEMale Human
    Neutral Evil
    Profile: His... feminine...side. (Although he outragingly claims he does not) This one is the type that resembles Viconia... with a whole mix of personalities...

Things go pretty smoothly like routine. Khaelis' Faeyr still has trouble with his present state though. It's a bit confusing since he met a total of 3 people in this part of the dungeons who claim to know him... they're probably suffering from severe memory illness after having been trapped in this dungeon... Poor souls...

The first thing Khaelis' Faeyr did was to make a quick stop at the Weapon Room, where He got the privilege of carrying the only mage-usable weapon there (much to the anger of the others...).
    Then, they're off to the lightning mephit room. Had no trouble there. Khaelis' Faeyr was a bit disappointed though since it was Chaotic Neutral who got the last "hand" blow:D Hmm... quite unfair, indeed.

Anyways, Chaotic Neutral and Neutral Evil were having an arguement, so the group decided to sleep it off...(Memorized spells too)
    Next step, Aatagh and his Ogre-Magi. (Yes, I did the noble thing). The poor creature didn't stand a chance against the 6 arrays of magic missiles going for him... he perishes at once, and The Magic Missile Barrage Attack is born...(Everyone Levels Up!)

Nothing important to note... many goblins were seen and Fireball-fried (thanks to the Familiar rabbit of Khaelis' Faeyr for checking out the area first) and the mephits were not much of a problem... The radiant, cold and steam ones did only minor damage. Went item finding...

I seem to have forgotten that a trap was waiting for me at the box holding the +1 staff... thankfully, no one was seriously hurt, although a comrade's life was clearly almost halfway red. The two golems met their demise with summoned and hasted creatures... I again went Fireball Frying Goblins next...

The library room had a goblin group and 2 mephits... But while the party was busy planning the next move, a the bumbling oaf of a comrade (honesty: Made a wrong mouse click), went tumbling in, and began fighting hand to hand (much to the embarrassment of the others- how could someone who is so like them be so stupid like this?) Fortunately, a sleep spell from Khaelis' Faeyr settled accounts with this band. Fireball frying again. Rest...

The Duergar band fell easily to summoned creatures(hasted) and fireballs... Went item finding, and after a long arguement on who gets who, everything is settled...Maybe. (Hope so, Neutral evil had seemed to have been eager enough to fire a fireball at the group once...)

Oh, and forgot to read the magic scrolls I picked up along the way... Thank Mystara for Intelligence 19. I scribed... the experience they are worth, no matter how small, can be a help to a travelling band of Magi...

Stoneskinned while casting lightning claimed the Cambion's life. The trap at the hallway, thankfully, couldn't pierce stoneskin...
    Fatigue... (Probably due to overhasting...) No time to rest now...
    Must keep going if the group is to survive...
    Continued...

Comments? Suggestions? Discuss.
    BTW I've made serious changes on the topic. Look Again...

[This message has been edited by zantetsuken (edited September 20, 2001).]

2. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

[​IMG] Why on earth do we need to see this topic 3 times!?!!?
    One time is enough, if nobody's replying, then it's because nobody has anything to say.

/me slaps the FAQ down in front of ya: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/faq.html

If it's a mistake you should tell the mod's to delete the two other topics as soon as possible.

As for the thread, how can you do so much micromanagement without getting tired of it? I'm getting tired of doing spells with just one mage. Sounds like a mean party though, I can imagine a lot of fights getting pretty easy, except for perhaps the Golems.
    Do they all play the mage? perhaps his magic abilities got split up as well as his personalities, say Necromancer for the Evil etc.

[This message has been edited by Lokken (edited September 20, 2001).]

3. If I want to discuss something in here, I will say one thing: STOP WITH THE STUPID HUMANS!!!!!!! Geez, they suck for mages.

4. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] You plan on starting this thread with 3 different outcomes. Since you have posted it three times? :p

Anyway I think it could get exciting to watch the roleplaying side. But it will be hard to keep track on which part of the personality does what. So be carefull. It can easily get too confusing to read.

A good deed each day?
    can be hard those times you travel 20 hours. Better not sleep a whole lot. good luck.

I started a party of 6 mages once. I cancelled it in the underdark. Not because it was difficult but because I got sick of encounters.

[This message has been edited by Nobleman (edited September 20, 2001).]

5. zantetsuken Guest

Don't worry 'bout a thing! Next time, I'm clearing NPC blabbers and get to the quests... I'll be referring to them as a "group" now...
    Sorry about the triple. My computer went "hang" on the spot...

6. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

This ought to be great fun interms of playing and hopefully as much fun in reading it. A schizophrenic party! Alright.. can Duharrel join?!?!?!

7. zantetsuken Guest

My, umm..., apologies to those who read the post posted below. It's hard enough to keep an older brother from using your name and posting baldurdash... It's pretty harder when he uses your game as his own, WITHOUT permission. Tjek, count that in as one major reload. Oh, well. I'm changing the password. Then, I'll get working on a similar party in the same situation right away.

[This message has been edited by zantetsuken (edited September 20, 2001).]

8. tjekanefir Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Seems like he has to do a major good deed every 75 days, not every day. That should be hard -not- to do in BG2, actually. (-:

I salute you. To me it seems like managing that party would be terribly boring. Keep us appraised. I'm especially curious to see how the midgame goes--the part where monsters are getting tough but you don't have enough AC to go round.

A side note, though: those guys' stats are NOT "low". They're bonafide munchkin stats. (-: You probably have almost twice the aggregate stat points of any party made up of five of the game NPCs. It's no matter, though; I don't think the stats are that big a deal, and if you had a normal int, you would get so bored quaffing genius potions all the time you'd never be doing anything cool...!

9. zantetsuken Guest

Well... it goes a bit like this... The curse must be lifted within 75 days, or a comrade will die. After ten days, if still the curse is unlifted, another comrade will die, then another, etc. The good deed I meant was saving Suldanesslar, so my Six-Mage Party has 75 days to finish the game... after that, it's just a Five-Mage Party, then...Thanks, Tjek. I'm just doing this to point out the progress and how well they'd fare... it's not really a walkthrough, so forgive if I'm not doing it walkthrough-style...I'm also not doing it that way to get to the mid-part everyone's eager on hearing from faster.

After painstakingly duplicating a game exactly like the one I was working on:

Despite Fatigue, I had to keep my group moving. We did the Rielev and Sewer Golem Quest, and are then off to the other side of the Dungeon. Had few encounters with goblins... not much prob. Killed the Otyugh with lightining bolts... Went opening chests... Fortunately, the poison traps can't pierce stoneskin. (Vanquished another trap)Got the items here.

Next room. (killed goblins along the way with a single lightning bolt, and my last) Despite claims of some that the traps here might very well injure my party, I go through unscathed. If you knew which traps to avoid, that shouldn't be a problem :D. The poison and ground spikes traps can't pierce stoneskin. Luckily, still have a few knocks spells. Agreed to help the dryads. The next room was really not what I had expected. I sent in a mage stoneskinned, he comes out seriously injured with stoneskin off. (There are Fireballs in there - ouch!) But just repeated the tactic of sending in one, then another, then another stoneskinned and mirror imaged, and got all the items with only serious (not near-death) damage. Drank potions and rested.
    (Assigned Spells)

Off to the Plane of Air... Not much to say except that mephits must hate Ogrillons and Worgs from now on...:DIn this dungeon, anyway. The Djinn quest is done. Sarevok's sword goes to Chaotic Good's inventory for safe-keeping.(He's a Minsc-type NPC;) - and one of the two not likely to give it away or throw it off)

Now, all set prepared, stepped through the Portal...

Khaelis' again met another person who says he is willing to join the party, but Khaelis' Faeyr sees lies enveloping this man like a strong aura, and sends him away. Pathetic soul...

Picked up some scrolls - scribed. Failed the Armor spell.(*My first failed spell*) Had no problems with mephits in next room. Still had 2 monster summonings... hasted and attacked, I aimed for the portals first. The mephits then dropped like flies. Noticed a body in the room.. No idea who it is though. Probably the one screaming in the room where the Otyugh was... Khaelis' Faeyr did remember someone's screams echoing to there... but probably not so. Poor soul. Probably another victim of Irenicus. Now that Accounts for two people to avenge - him and Rielev. But after thinking it a while, this person might also have been a drunken guard who had took too much of his share of staying in the dungeon, and had died of misery and boringness (with only the mephits to keep him company...) So he discards the idea.

Then there's the crazy clone mage. She also fell to Staff blows and slingshots (while my 2 remaining worgs disrupted her casting up front. Much of her defensives fell to one mighty (if not lucky) disspell magic. Went Goblin Frying... and item picking.

Duergars were too stupid to resist dying with their own master's traps. Discovered and killed Fennedan with a magic missile barrage. Ditto Ulvalyl. The Shadow thieves too...
    Lifted the wand traps. Replaced lost spells... memmorized lots of identify. Went to the forge room and found another goblin band- this time, I attacked (hasted) I had plum run out of fire balls... Agannazar's scorcher claimed the archers... my mages plummeted the fighters. Rested.

This time, I went Duergar Frying. Then, I picked up items and moved on. The shadow thief guards were beaten by summons. (unhasted:D)

Got out, and Khaelis' Faeyr becomes part of a short scene between one of the prisoners he had no idea who (but the mage did call her...was that...Imoen?) and their Captor, Irenicus. But they get taken off before he could make action! Grrrr... That mage hasn't seen the last of me yet. I'll swear I'll find him and find out why in the world he wanted to keep me in a dungeon! (And avenge Rielev - but the thought just barely crossed his mind...:D)

Then, all went shopping. Went up the Den of the Seven Vales, and had ALL my mages cast fireball on the center of the room where Mencar and his gang was (Yes, he talked to me first). Majority die. The next round of fireballs sends them all to oblivion. (Lawful Evil Khaelis' Fayer : [Immitating Mencar's accent] "Why, if it isn't a burly dwarf, all dressed up as an adventurer, harharr... Mind if we kill you and take your items so I might be able to get some decent weaponry for a change...?")
    Went item looting, and selling and shopping...

To be continued...

[This message has been edited by zantetsuken (edited September 21, 2001).]

10. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

If it wasn't spam, I'd say just one word - cool!

But, I still think this is a great idea - the schizophrenic brothers!

Write on.

11. zantetsuken Guest

hehehe...Considering it.

BTW
    Great Work on your story! Duharrel's a pretty great character, and his personality makes him a "a dime in a dozen" throughout the Swor d Coast... I doub't he'd want to be with my mages though. I generally love to have the Fireball as my main attack.. That would be very hazardous for him, fighting out in the front. But.... it does sound great, doesn't it? A band of mages going along with a half-orc fighter who could shred to pieces all that come nearby (hopefully, not including my mages)... hehehe...

12. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

Duharrel has a solution.. He grabbed up some red dragon scales and attached them all over the makeshift armor he has fashioned together from bits and pieces. It's really good stuff against hot things (except he needs one more scale to cover his left butt cheek ---he's a really big guy remember).

Anyway, Write on!

13. The DMage Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

I'm just curious, what order would each of the mages die after that 75 day period??

14. zantetsuken Guest

After the encounter with Mencar and after some magic scroll and item shopping, (I now have access to some great mage spells up to level five, like Cloudkill, etc., as well as staves and slings for everyone!)

I do the Aerie quest... not much of a challenge either. Kala was even less than a pushover. Even Khaelis' Faeyr was pretty bored of the performance of the Circus Illusionist - the only exciting thing was when another Dao Djinn again put him to a series of questions which he so easily answered...Got some great spells and a good ring... Distributed the items… also did so with the wands… no gold to recharge them yet anyways…:)

Hmmm... So, after much deliberation, I decide to go for the Planar Prison quest. It was a challenge, indeed…even for a band of six mages - probably because we were still on our early levels, and I've come to notice how essential fighters had been in my previous games - I always had one around for needed physical back-up. (If Duharrel were here, this would have been an easy quest!;))

So, since this has been my first real challenge in the game, I've decided to relate how it happened bit by switching to storytelling mode....(BTW, changed the storyline a bit to fit in with the atmosphere I've set…)

In the Plane of the Enslaved…
    (First Part - The Rescue of Haer' Dalis)

True Neutral KF closes his eyes and begins to mumble a short message of calling - an invocation instantly responded as a glowing, hot ball of red flames starts to materialize in front of him. Opening his eyes, he focuses the growing orb towards the midst of the charging brigands, and with a simple twist of his fingers, sends it flying onwards toward his attackers…

The flames that erupted from the blast licked up every detail of the once-moving scene, leaving behind it naught but piles of ashes and two lucky survivors who had rolled away just in time as the searing flames consumed their comrades… These two were quite lucky to have survived - and both had no doubts fleeing to save their skins once the flames had subsided - A fortunate move for them, for Neutral and Lawful Evil KF had already eyed them yet and would have had sent another fireball in their direction if not for the True Neutral KF's sharp order of withdrawal…

Despite their quick victory, the group had wounded - Chaotic Neutral KF had a pierced muscle on his left side, from an able mercenary's lucky shot at a bow, while Chaotic Good KF suffered from a deep cut near his midsection - a fatal wound had not been for a quick Healing Prayer from True Neutral KF, who had mastered the process of using magical energy to bind wounds and seal severed blood vessels. But the lost blood still had to be accounted for, so a stop at a nearby inn or station was necessary.

The night was spent around a table of ale and feasible amounts of food in a good inn. And in a far corner to the left, in one of the darker spots where the local tavern patrons and drunkards weren't likely to come near, True Neutral KF busily mugged his ale in slow intervals, while at the same time took quick note of news and rumors around the dinner table. Chaotic Neutral KF and Chaotic Good KF were recuperating in one of the more well-standard rooms in the second floor of the tavern, and Neutral Evil KF was busily submerged in her own business as well, in the another one of the room's darker corners, soloing a table served with only half-filled platters and mugs on her behalf. Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil KF were also taking their time discussing their plans for the day, and their more recent accomplishments, amidst the noisy townspeople and frequent tavern drinking crowds, so he had all the time to listen to the talks of the people.

….Aside from rumors and debates on the subject of Amnian Laws and recent drastic changes in prices of general commodities True Neutral KF was slowly getting accustomed to after travelling much in a city where one could notice people complaining and haggling merchants at almost every turn, there wasn't really anything to put a thought at - except on a subject he became avidly interested after he hearing it from a drunken man cajoling a drunken partner on matters of Adventuring. At some point, the man mentioned something about a strange group of peeps he had seen around Athkatla earlier, lead by a grotesque form of a man, a half-orc.

There were other tidbits of information, but the man had fallen asleep just a short time thereafter… and was being dragged off the tavern when he suddenly became awake again, barely blurting out the name "Duharrel"… The name of the Half-Orc, perhaps, before slipping back into unconsciousness. True Neutral KF had instantly then pondered over the possibility of such a humanoid - his prowess, abilities, and strength of will to adventure. True Neutral KF had heard of many adventurers, but this story took the lead on being the most bizarre he had ever heard of - so bizarre in fact that that he developed a quick interest in this "Duharrel". Perhaps they could meet and arrange a deal or something, who knows? An adventurer of his skill should be a great complement to his travelling band….

The next day's travels brought them to the well-renowned Temple District of Athkatla, whose majestic structures built in dedication to three main deities in the region, Helm, Lathander and Talos, rose up towards the sky, rising straight up as if in a sheer call of summons to their gods…

Chaotic Neutral and Chaotic Good KF were almost fully recovered of any injury, and were well resisting the hazards of the trip - a trail of good news so far. True Neutral KF knew they were going to be in for a some serious risks, and he needed them all to be in good, if not perfect, shape.

Leading them to a tunnel that descended to the infamous lower bowels of the Underground Complex of the Temple District, the lost no time arriving upon their first hazard - a band of Kobolds. True Neutral KF's quick reflex was to clasp his hands in an instance of extreme concentration and pure mental meditation. Then, releasing his mustered form of enchantment, the Kobolds fall into a deep sense of dominating drowsiness, save one - the Kobold Shaman… Lawful Neutral and Lawful Evil KF descended upon it at once with their staves, pounding and raking the life out of the miserable creature… The final blow carrying the lifeless carcass off into the darkness…

The resulting battle was short lived, as the sound of staff blows resonated over the tunnels of the Underground Sewers, and the mages carved the living essences out of the sleeping Kobolds, but it was enough to prove True Neutral KF's idea of "hidden bands".

True Neutral KF ascertained that the possibility of ambushes lying in wait in the darkness were not to be trifled with - he had known of adventuring parties ripped to shreds by groups of goblins hiding in dark corners and concealed entrances. Sending his faithful familiar rabbit off into the dark maze of tunnels, True Neutral KF closed his eyes and began to concentrate his senses upon his familiar, and through the magical channel that bound the human and the familiar into an almost single being, he is soon able to pinpoint out the existence of one such band, a mix Elves and Humans - thieves and muggers, no doubt. Reporting his discoveries to his comrades, a quick plan was soon easily formulated…

The sequence began with Lawful Evil and Chaotic Good KF concentrating their powers to an elsewhere part of the world, making wild gestures and uttering the language of the sphere of Conjuration to create an open doorway to a Plane both magical and physical…
    Luckily bestowed, four creatures answered their call, travelling through the gate and being spawned by the magic that summoned them - an Ogre and three armed Flinds. Neutral Evil KF, then, waved her hands in puzzling dance of short jerks and gestures, and the very air they were moving on became an ally to their cause, increasing their abilities to move and act - as if making the weight of the world that fell heavily upon their souls seem lighter - making their spirits soaring, in fact. The finishing touches were the group casting the spells of stoneskin, and finally, Improved Invisibility…

Gaius was in a state of light concentration when he sensed an uneven presence among them… He surely knew that something was terribly wrong - very out of place… It was as if the air was blowing only on different places, or the heat that generally had him sweating dissipated and was replaced by a disturbing sense of coldness - and that of being watched. Desperate, Gaius decides to ask the fates of what could these feelings mean… Are they an omen of an oncoming disaster? Clasping his hands in a short prayer, he lifts them to honor his god with praises, asking for a Divination of True Seeing - but he was cut short… Six Strong Fireballs ended his prayer, licking the area with flames, dragging his life off his body… The thieves and muggers were alive at once, and instantly their attentions were focused upon a band of six mages that has suddenly appeared out of the very area Gaius had suspected was the location of a strange presence - little did he know that there were more than one…

True Neutral KF had already suspected that there would be many survivors after the blast, so he gave orders for the special assistance to be released… And the summoned ogre and the three flinds lose no time descending upon the scattered band, faithfully obeying their present masters, though True Neutral KF and his comrades also had their own hands full with two of the more potentially deadly survivors…

The Clerics tried their best to summon the aid and protection of their gods, and had they finished doing so they might have had been given an upper hand which could have led to their ultimate victory, but they were never really able to call for anything, as quick intervals of magic missiles ended with their demise… But hardly had True Neutral KF and his comrades finished with the clerics when the Elf and the two dwarves finished their summonlings - they were experienced and hardy enough to have lived through despite severe wounds and a noticeable degree of bleeding.

True Neutral KF received the first attack - a well aimed bowshot from the Elf, who grinned at him before releasing another arrow that flew easily to its mark … The arrows pierced the stoneskin, revealing an opening through the thick armour, but the spell was not to be easily taken for granted, for even as the chunks of rock fell, the opening was quickly sealed by a new layer of stone. But True Neutral KF knew that the spell couldn't keep this up for long… but he was helpless in doing anything… he had honestly run out of offensive magicks in his repertoire. He comrades also suffered the same problem dealing with the Dwarves - the small yet threatening figures swung quick blows of their flails and axes at the defending group, who were not able to parry them successfully - so the chunks of stone collecting to the ground began growing at an alarming rate…

True Neutral KF desperately scanned through his pockets and belt for something to stop the unacceptable, yet perhaps, inevitable… He refused to give up, and as he flicked through his stuff with one hand and with his staff with the other, in hopes of conserving his stoneskin long enough by catching the arrows with his staff, he came upon one of the wands he had recovered from the dungeon of the madman, Irenicus… Picking it up, the fingered it for any means to activate it… he didn't care what it was as long as it does something useful - hopefully. But this was one mage who couldn't even fire a wand right. True Neutral KF admitted that he was an imposing figure in terms of stocked knowledge regarding magical spells - but he had no idea how to use items with magic.

Sensing his efforts, Neutral Evil KF called out, "Give me that thing, you imbecilic fool! You couldn't even get a wand to fire right!!!" Though somehow insulted, True Neutral KF tossed the wand to Neutral Evil KF, hoping she'd use it quickly because he was losing to the Elf...it bounced in her hands once…twice, before it fell to the ground and Neutral Evil had to pick it up again and get it to fire right.

She immediately began examining it and fingering the ornate carvings of the handle, but neither could she get it to activate right. She tried aiming it at directions and, in final desperation, banging it up and down, side by side on the walls of the tunnel, but still, nothing happened…. Lawful evil KF responded out to the blundering woman's ceaseless yet fruitless efforts, "You're even just as stupid! Don't you know how to use something as simple as a wand!!!" Neutral Evil KF shot him a an angry look, but muttered under her breath before tossing it to Lawful Evil KF, hoping he'd know how to use the damnable thing, but he just avoided it…

Hmmm…Apparently, he doesn't know how to use a wand right either…. Fortunately, blind luck had brought the wand right into the waiting hands of Chaotic Neutral KF. Everyone gasped…and made a sigh of defeat… now the inevitable was going to unavoidable.

At First, Chaotic Neutral KF looked confused, and, having not recognized neither the danger nor urgency of the situation, played with the wand for a while, when the Elf, who had noticed them unsuccessfully trying to get something like a stick working, aimed at him thinking this one might be better off dead, and that stick of his off his hands, away from the grasp of potential users…did he regret what happened next.

Chaotic Neutral KF's stoneskin gave way right after the last bowshot, which reopened the nearly-healed wound he had sustained earlier… and the pain that shot through his body right after the arrow hit its mark was unbearable. Chaotic Neutral KF then did what any half-brained, immature, blundering, illogical, purely incoherent minded person would have done - he threw the wand in plain fury at the Elf.

The wand got the Elf, stunning him, before it violently hit the ground and exploded into pieces, releasing an angry cloud of mists and gases flying round the area, swirling and enveloping the three remaining survivors as the mages scurried off just in time… The gale of noxious fumes took their toll upon the weakened three… It bit away at their last remaining strength and contaminated them inside out. All the Mages had to was to watch in silent horror as the acidic gases bit away at skin and bone, leaving nothing but traces of dust, while dying screams were extinguished by the dark air that became as if it had a life of it's own - surrounding, choking, squeezing the life of it's victims…

In a matter of seconds, the remaining three were dead, as the wind blew off the mists and it began to dissipate as the magic that had fed it loses it's charge… There was not trace left of the three, except for their items and clothing… The Death Cloud had disintegrated everything organic… and the clear wind had already blown away the dusts that were once humanoid lifeforms…

The Mages were not able to recover from their shock just as easily as the Cloud disappeared though - for about an hour, all they could do was stare wide-eyed, open-mouthed the area were their enemies had perished in a way void of any form of mercy - that, and at Chaotic Neutral KF who continued fuzzing over his bleeding, reopened wound… They will never be looking at him the same way again for a long, long time…

Luckily Chaotic Neutral KF was able to knock the senses back to his comrades before he died of bleeding… A serious problem easily rectified by True Neutral KF's innate ability of healing and a few healing potions they'd collected along their journey… And soon they were off again in search of the mage Quayle had directed them to; a mage he had heard about whom they say was quite capable of planar travel. He might be able to tell them information about recent violent thrusts throughout the planar sphere of air - and trace the origin of the djinni they had met at the circus earlier - djinns are easy to trace out, especially the more powerful ones, for despite their stay on the material plane their true roots lie in the Plane of Air…

They found the secret entrance to his tower quite by accident… Lawful Neutral KF was trying his best to keep away from Chaotic Neutral KF and his senseless blabber, and had run out on him without looking where he was going. He spent the next ten minutes dizzy after suffering a head-to-head collision with a wall that creaked open when he had hit it bluntly in the head. From that time onward - no one ever tried to avoid him or excite him ever again… He was a walking disaster who could wipe out a village simply by sitting in the middle of the Village Square. (And he has, actually.)

True Neutral KF sensed something strange, however, before they ascended the stairs that led to the chambers of the mage's tower… He knew not if it was but an echo in the tunnels or the sound of flowing water from far away, but he heard for the briefest instant the sound of fluttering wings…

The moment they had reached the tower chambers True Neutral KF's intuition proved its worth once again - at once, they were besieged by a group of mephits. On normal instances, the resulting fight would have been not much of a task, but the fact that when he raised his hands in the air to start another calling no powers appeared to answer his call of summons, True Neutral KF remembered he had lost all his offensive magicks in the previous fights… The others were faring quite better however… Chaotic Good KF had one last magic missile he had forgotten to cast off from his repertoire, so raising his hands and focusing his energies to allow the projectiles to materialize and fly towards their target, the mephit fell after a staff blow. The others cornered their enemies in packs of twos, and their opposition had not trouble dying…

True Neutral KF feigned a staff blow at the mephit. The creature fell for it, and moved to the left, giving True Neutral KF a clear swing at it's body. The creature responded with a low grunt, and at once made a quick charge to True Neutral KF's side. Despite its lack for brains, it knew logic well enough to be able to use its quick, dexterous body as a boomerang of sorts… Unfortunately for it, True Neutral KF was much more agile, and quicker with reflex. It missed and ended up banging its head in the stairwell… True Neutral KF looked at it, smiled at its situation, and gave it a good downward blow, sending it screaming to the abyssal darkness… a despicable yet very sweet and satisfying move…

Then, resuming to his offensive staff-fighting stance, he and group quickly get rid of the two last mephits from the room just next to this one who had probably heard of their fellow's scream of agony… and made quick work of them…

The mage, Merkrath, was clearly not the get-along and eager type, nor was he of any way diplomatic. Even after the group agreed to give him some great magical items and artifacts just to gain information about recent ventures from the Plane of Air, or any great disturbances in the region regarding violent surges of Illusionary Magic, he simply gave the compiled weaponry a glance or so, before ordering the group out. Hmmm…So neither is he the polite type….

Anyways, all that the old crone seemed to care about was just some blabber of a magical mirror or similar item, claiming he will release information if they recover it for him, but the group was simply too tired to go off "travelling" through the sewers again… The previous encounter was enough, and they were in no hurry to die, so they simply disregarded the whole idea and decided to return back at a later time - too bad for the muttering and mumbling lot.

Chaotic Neutral KF was especially annoyed… he was highly eccentric, yes, but he was far intelligent than most, and was deeply angered. Charging back to Merkrath he demanded reconsideration, spewing threats if the mage didn't speak out what he knew now, but instead, he was given a sharp rebuke from the "almighty mage".

True Neutral KF was in deep thought over the situation they were in… He knew he had to recover the mirror, for they were no match for the mage at present if they decide to stand up to him or push him into giving up what he knew. But the possibility of another hard encounter was too great a risk… Who knows what other dangers lay in wait in those dark tunnels? While he was concentrating on the subject and pondering however, he happened to look at the tired faces of his comrades and noticed they were missing a group member… Chaotic Neutral KF!

Right at that moment of realization all heard was a high pitched scream coming from Merkrath's room. Scrambling, he swept back his cloak and ran back as fast as he could ….Their comrade was going to get himself killed, if he were not already dead.

Chaotic Neutral KF was getting boiling-point mad at the hard-headed mage. So much in fact that he challenged the mage to duel. (BTW - Pay close attention to how A Chaotic Neutral could act:D) Merkrath was getting angry too, and avidly accepted, but first, he tauntingly questioned Chaotic Neutral KF on how in the world he expects to defeat one of the most powerful Planar Sorcerers this side of Athkatla… Chaotic Neutral KF stopped short, and searched through his belt for anything that could be of use. Finding something, he comes up with another wand…

At the sight of it and how Chaotic Neutral KF did his best to get it to activate, Merkrath burst out laughing, but he shouldn't have had… He too, regretted the day he taunted a Chaotic Neutral KF - in another world, however, like the others. At once, six bright flashes of energy emerge from the enclosed orb of the wand, which immediately started to sparkle with brilliant flashes. The Bolts of Pure Lightning energy pierce Merkrath's frail body in the chest, killing the unexpectant mage instantly… Chaotic Neutral KF was able to drop down and run away to safety with only minor burns here and there, and by the time his other comrades arrived at the scene, all they saw was the lifeless form of a once powerful (if not foolish) mage… And six arching, bouncing, brilliant lines of energy flying here and there throughout the room before the lights disappeared in mid-flight…

Again, the band was so shocked that all they could do for the next hour was look at Merkrath's dead body and Chaotic Neutral KF who kept saying "What? He started it!!!" over and over….

By the time the band recovered from the shock, they were treating Chaotic Neutral KF as if he was a revived manifestation of the mad Cyric or a similar god of destruction… Luckily for him, they found a prisoner of Merkrath's, who from his features, True Neutral KF guessed was a bard - a tiefling one, to be precise -and with two imposing toys… This one was able to give them vital information about their present quest… and cryptic information on another one that is seemingly connected with theirs…

This encounter softened the group's outlook towards Chaotic Neutral KF, who was responsible for obtaining the information from the bard… They seemed to get along nicely…, despite the fact that True Neutral KF didn't had the slightest idea what the two were talking about. Finally, the tiefling told them of the location of a planar stone within the rooms of this tower, and that he knew someone who could use it to aid them if True Neutral KF and the group agree to help them first…

True Neutral KF thought he was honest enough, this Haer' Dalis- though bards are the last persons he'd take in for being honest - but this one had a serious tone to begin with, despite his ways… He was more than willing to help, and after agreeing some, they come upon a deal of friendship and assistance, and with that, the bard tells the group where to find him, and disappears, as is the way how bards disappear from stages - instantly, in the cover of darkness. True Neutral KF hopes the deal would come through for both of them… He knew they were going to be encountering a lot later on… Obstacles that even they, together, will have difficulty in…

He just hopes they survive long enough to get back as one, and be whole again before the last day comes…

Comments? Suggestions? Discuss….
    BTW, to Dmage: Random… with Protagonist last, of course…(maybe)

[This message has been edited by zantetsuken (edited September 23, 2001).]

15. Kailynne Johanne Gems: 10/31

During his last venture into a tavern with a reputation for its reeasonable prices and breadth of stocked ales, Duharrel overheard a rumor of a new group of adventurers begining to make names for themselves.... Wiat, "them" might not be quite correct as it seemed that these were six somehow-metnally-linked individuals who moved as one and in different directions simultaneously. Now, even Duharrel couldn't imagine such a thing except by envisioning two spider webs which were spun through each other....

Duharrel made a note to pay attention to more rumors of this adventuring party ... They might accidentally become renowned enough to be dangerous to Duharrel and company...

8-) Keep it up. THis is great!

16. zantetsuken Guest

*Laughs* I'm having a great time... it's just too bad you're far too advanced up in the game Kailynne... It would have been great if Duharrel and the Khaelis' Faeyrs actually met and accomplished even just one quest...(Though I seriously doubt any quest could be a challenge enough...) So what? We could start a chain of events and have a quest of our own!!! Hehehe... That would be the first time in this forum two stories met at some point and did a quest together, eh? Keep posting up... I'm really interested and eager on how you - and Duharrel - would respond to me - and the Khaelis" Faeyrs - adventures...

[This message has been edited by zantetsuken (edited September 23, 2001).]

17. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

You can always go to the RPC ;)

18. Slith

Slith Look at me! I have Blue Hands! Veteran

This is quite... interesting. Please keep up the good work.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.