1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

About Heroes Of Might And Magic

Discussion in 'Playground' started by HeartOfDarkness, Jun 9, 2002.

1. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

It's not really a pure RPG but it's got lots of RPG elements and I dunno how many of you have played it but don't you think it has a very good battle system? with a bit of tweaking I'm sure that it would make a great battle system for the might and magic series or any other pure rpg, so why don't they use it? I saw might and magic 9 and the way battles were played I think really sucked what do you think?

2. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

The mixing of RTS and RPG in Heroes has made one of the most addictive games ever. I've got all the Heroes games (except from number 1) with all expansion, and I've probably spent more time with them than all other games together (stayed up way too late with H3 yesterday ;)). But I don't think the features here can be used elsewhere. Might and Magic 8 and 9 simply sucked, but that wasn't because of the battle system or anything like that.

3. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

None of the heroes games can even be compared to the Might&Magics. The same combat system has been in M&M for years (actually it hasn't changed much since M&M1), don't start whining about it now.

4. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31

I'm not whining about it now, I've been whining about it ever since might and magic one and I have to agree with Mollusken that it is by far one of the best games, though I usually stay up playing heroes 4 not 3

5. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

If the combat system bugs you so much, you could've stopped playing the series after M&M1, instead of continuing to play all the other eight games and whining about them.

6. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31

I did, usually I would just play them till the first battle, then see it's the same old stupid stuff and then whine about how they didn't change a thing and then hope that the next one would have a better battle system, it's simple

7. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

You've done that from M&M to M&M9? And it never occured to you to change game series? Whoa, that's like getting a job as window washer all over the country and whining about how similar they all are, instead of just changing jobs.

8. HeartOfDarkness Gems: 4/31

Well theoretically I didn't have to change a series cause I didn't have to play one particular series only, I've been playing any RPG I can get my hands on, I just thought I'd give Might and Magic a chance or nine, probably ten if Might and Magic ten ever comes out. So it's more like changing jobs all the time and hoping that they'll get a hint and make different window washing gadgets at some point

9. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31

Well, I doubt you ever need to fear the possibility of sitting in front of a M&M game for weeks. The system works, it sells, so it remains the same. At least they upgrade the graphics every three games, i.e. when it's so outdated people start complaining about it. :rolleyes:

10. ArchAngel Guest

[​IMG] which game are you talking about?

Heroes of Might and Magic 1-4
    OR
    Might and Magic 1-10?

11. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I only have played the Heroes of might and magic 2 compendium and played a demo of H3 but i love it, simple gameplay but very very addictive, nothing like the feeling when you have an army of 5000 ghosts against 1 dwarf.

12. Elendil Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Much of that gameplay has dissappeared now -with Heroes 4.
    Maybe I just need to get used to the damn game, but it really doesn't feel like Heroes anymore...

13. Abyssal Knight Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

I think Heroes 4 is great I've been waiting for the time when I could actually fight with my hero.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.