1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ack! Korgan leaving....and our rep is only 15!!!!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Jade, Feb 28, 2001.

1. Jade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Okay, I had a problem earlier with Korgan leaving because our rep was too high (it was 19 when he left) so I have been careful to keep it below 17 at all times, just in case. He still complains, now and then, about how we're not worth his time, but I never thought much of it. And now, right in the middle of the underdark, he has randomly declared that he's leaving and if he sees us again he'll be shaking hands with his blade....etc etc etc. What did I do to piss him off??? Our rep isn't that high, and he hasn't really been fighting with anyone in the party (except occasionally Anomen, but Korgan always gets the better of him so I don't see why he'd run off because of that)

Thoughts on this? Suggestions? Has this happened to anyone else?

2. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Well, if you look in the table in de BG2 guide, an evil character isn't really happy with a group with reputation 15 but is doesn't have to mean that there will be a conflict. But, the evil char isn't happy in the group and it can be that he will leave. 15 is simply not too high for a direct conflict but it is too high too keep Korgan happy.

3. I'm at 19 and Jaheira won't shut up. What do I have to do, strangle a kitten? Step on a sapling?

I love talkative women. I married one. But talkative female NPC's are too much. The more Minsc blathers, the better I like it!

Perhaps my character is...mixed...in his orientation?

Better not dwell on that. Hamsters and such.

bgp

4. Jade Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I'm getting sick of hearing complaints all around. If I'm too good, Korgan is unhappy, but I can't ditch him because IMHO he's the best melee fighter in the game. If my rep is too low, Minsc and Anomen will start ranting about how we have to use our righteous feet to kick the butts of evil, blah blah blah. I mean, I love the sense of real group dynamics the differing opinions and disagreements add to the game....BUT I also need to keep these people happy enough that they'll keep fighting for me!

I mean, yeesh...I want realism, but I also want to get my soul back, not worry about mutiny :)

Anyway, I used shadowkeeper to lower my rep to 14 (isn't it funny? that's the only thing I ever use shadowkeeper for...LOWERING my rep. talk about irony) and i just keep quicksaving in case he decides to leave again. If anyone finds a way to woo Korgan over to the good side, let me know :)

5. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

When do the other evils leave?

specificallly, Viconia, neutral evil.

6. toast Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Got it from the manual:

NPC Reactions Toward Reputation
    Rep.......Alignment
    ........Good.....Neutral ....Evil
    [*]1.....Break.....Break......Happy
    [*]2.....Break.....Angry......Happy
    [*]3.....Angry.....Angry......Happy
    [*]4.....Angry.....Unhappy...Happy
    [*]5.....Angry.....Unhappy...Happy
    [*]6.....Unhappy..Neutral...Happy
    [*]7.....Unhappy..Neutral...Neutral
    [*]8.....Unhappy...Neutral...Neutral
    [*]9.....Neutral....Neutral...Neutral
    [*]10....Neutral....Neutral...Neutral
    [*]11....Neutral....Neutral...Neutral
    [*]12....Neutral....Neutral...Neutral
    [*]13....Happy.....Neutral...Unhappy
    [*]14....Happy.....Neutral...Unhappy
    [*]15....Happy.....Neutral...Unhappy
    [*]16....Happy.....Neutral...Angry
    [*]17....Happy.....Neutral...Angry
    [*]18....Happy.....Neutral...Angry
    [*]19....Happy.....Unhappy...Break
    [*]20....Happy.....Unhappy...Break

[This message has been edited by toast (edited March 01, 2001).]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 27, 2017
  7. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Rep: 15, evil char, Unhappy... And what do chars do when they are always unhappy??? They complain, and when they are sick of their own complains, they leave.

8. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

My reputation is 20... The only "not-good" character is Jaheira, who is true neutral. She keeps explaining why the world must be balanced and stuff like that... I don't like it...
    You know, a very high reputation is always better than a low reputation.
    1. Neutral characters will be unhappy at high, angry at low.
    2. With my rep of 20, I get a -50% discount in all shops.
    3. Everybody likes you, because your reaction adjustment is +5
    4. Guards aren't looking for you every time... so you can sleep save...

The only disadvantage is that I can't use Korgan or Edwin, but I'm having a very good party now, and I don't want anyone to leave...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.