1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adoy's Enclave

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition' started by Sorvo, Jul 12, 2024.

1. Sorvo

Sorvo Where's the nearest pub? Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I know I have never been on this screen. The battle with the teleported crew was quite a death :( It reminded me of the beginning of BGII, I need a :beer: after that battle. If anyone wants to throw out some hints for me, I would greatly appreciate it ;) Bury the body or not? I tried both and nothing seems to happen :confused:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2024
  2. Gallowglass Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

Veteran

Yes, if tackled at an early stage of BG1ee (as appears to be the designers' intention), that's one of the most difficult battles.

One solution is simply to delay entering the cave and finding Adoy until you've gained a few levels.

If you do it quite early (as Neera urges), then it's winnable, but not easy. Buff as much as you can and position your party before starting the conversation with Adoy which triggers the battle. In particular, before it starts, move Neera (or another Mage) so that she's in a straight line with where Ekandor and one of the Thayan Bodyguards will appear, and fire a Wand of Lightning at Ekandor (through the other Thayan) as soon as they appear, then immediately move Neera aside (because the bolt will bounce back, and ought to strike both Ekandor and the Bodyguard again), at the same time hitting Ekandor with (say) a Wand of Frost from another Mage. Have a few summoned monsters (Wand of Monster Summoning) in the centre of the room to attract enemy attacks (the Ogre and Bodyguards) for a couple of rounds, while your melee warriors attack them (but keep out of the way of the bouncing lightning!) Have a ranged fighter shooting at Ekandor with elemental damage arrows (Fire or Acid). After the lightning and frost bolts, he should go down after a couple of arrows. Have the Mage who fired the frost bolt at Ekandor then chuck Magic Missiles at the unnamed Thayan Mage to clear his Mirror Image and disrupt his next cast. When Ekandor goes down, concentrate ranged attacks on that Mage until he too goes down. Meanwhile move Neera well away towards the right, because the Bodyguards may break off from melee and charge at her (and of course she's very vulnerable at this early stage of the game), and be prepared to keep her moving and dodging. Meanwhile (it's all happening at once!) the Ogre and Bodyguards will probably have finished off the summoned monsters, so hope that your melee fighters have done them some good damage while they were occupied. The Bodyguards are the main threat, not the Ogre, so concentrate melee attacks on one until he falls, then worry about the other, and hope he hasn't yet broken free and chased down Neera. When both Mages (Ekandor and the unnamed one) are down, the ranged fighters can turn on the Bodyguard(s) - hopefully there's only one left by now, in which case you've got it in the bag.

Talk to Magreb before entering the cave to get the quest to find his wife/girlfriend/whatever, then bury her body when you find it, then report to Magreb for a reward - he gives you 250xp for solving the goblin problem, but then an additional 250xp for burying Rilsa.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.