1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Adventures of Portson (Ooc)

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Lantus, Jan 6, 2005.

1. Lantus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

[​IMG] Once again, I am opening an Ooc thread. Excellent. Here are the Guidelines of our new Rp. I’m sure it’ll go fine, just don’t screw up! :p

It is set in the 17th century, but no real names of places will be used. I suppose it’s a little like a fantasy game set on a real life board. :p It is set in a largish town called Portson. Just like the other games, I’m hoping everyone will just work their ways into it.

My Character:

NAME: Claraton

HISTORY: Claraton lived in Portson as a rogue from the day he was born. His father had been a lonely drunk, his mother had merely been found looking for money in a tavern. Almost immediately after he was born, the small boy had been given to the streets to die. But he did not. After a few nights alone, a tavern owner took in the tiny orphan and cared for him. After that day, Kar, the tavern owner, had been Claraton’s only real friend. He stayed there in the Idle Sailors inn, helping out as well as he could.

PERSONALITY: Claraton is quite quiet to strangers, but to those he knows he can be a wild one. He is always on for a good talk, and is quite a social person. He would get along well with most people, if only they would accept him. Being a rogue and poor orphan, not many people saw him as any more then a slave or worker. But Claraton acts as insignificant as he can, for attention is last thing he wants.

APPEARANCE: Claraton wears simple clothing and never takes any time to make himself look nice. It is always his stained shirt, dirty pants and his black boots. Always long, black, messy hair, un-neatly braided on both sides. He always has a a short, sharp knife hidden in one of his boots along with his short sword that is always hanging from his belt.

Main Rules/Guidlines

 No Power-Gaming
     No supernatural races, fairly realistic (Elf, Dwarf, Hobbit, etc)
     No major characters (eg. Kings)
     Remember when making characters, not everyone is the best fighter and has the best weapons. Maybe none at all.
     As far as fighting goes, you can never mention any other player character getting hurt or killed unless they have mentioned it themselves in an earlier post.
     No one has control over any other players character, unless it has been discussed before hand (eg. IRC Conversations)

I will most probably build on these as we go. Any suggestions are welcome.

[ January 12, 2005, 02:28: Message edited by: Lantus ]

2. Steeze Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Heres my character...

Name: Jondalin Rundusk

History: Jondalin, or Jon as he is known among friends, is part of the famous Rundusk family. Every male member of the Rundusk family is trained to be a body guard from an early age, when they come of age they are assigned a principle. Jon's principle was a noble a particuly high standing and when he was killed while under Jon's protection, Jon was disgraced and was forced to leave the family. Jon sought refuge in Portson where he instantly became the Idle Sailors best customer. In return for a place to sleep and food and drink Jon offered his services as a body guard. Claraton is one of Jon's best friend even though he is many years younger.

Personality: Jon is extremely friendly, but doesn't look it. He willing tries to make friends, but is quite often to drunk to make proper conversation(the failing of his purpose in life brought this about) Jon is generally a very charismatic person. He is a competent fighter armed or unarmed, but knows nothing of the way 'street rat'

Appearance: Jon is short, about 1.7 metres, but he is extremely atheltic and well built. He has light, light blue eyes, sun-bleached hair and is well tanned. Jon generally wears light coloured and pratical clothes, breeches, shirt and soft leather boots, but when on the job wears a shirt with the inns emblem and various leather pieces(gaunlets, shoulder pads etc:) Most of the time Jon carries no weapons openly, but has many small blades and other small arms concealed. Jon also has two short swords that he dons occasionally.

3. SleepleSS Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Allright made my first post. My Character info shall follow soon.

4. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Methinks I will join this - want to poke Lantus about a few things first though...

5. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Hmmm, maybe I'll resurrect Zillah/Matty Groves for this, on one condition:

Can people properly RP the fact that their characters don't know that she's a girl in disguise, or will everyone she meets have a sneaking suspicion that something isn't right?

6. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

@ Lantus
    I gotta PM you before I join--got a few questions.

7. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Ok! I'm a bit annoyed Sarevoke posted, but the bottom line is this: His post is to be completely ignored. If you wnat to know what happened there, it was simply a bit of mishief. :mad:

@Rally- I would be happy for you to use any character. Just make it clear what you want people to know, and what you don't want them to...

[ January 08, 2005, 07:44: Message edited by: Lantus ]

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Name: Neshi

History: Neshi was born to a poor family, but one who loved her a lot and tried to get the best for her. When she showed talent as a singer when she was young they managed to get her training as a singer and dancer for a theatre house in the upper end of town. However, the theatre went bankrupt when she was sixteen, and so for a year she has been forced to work as a prostitute in a brothel for the upper class to survive.

Personality: Neshi is ashamed of what she has to do, and finds it hard to make friends with those who seem to revel in it. She fears what other people, especially those who she knew before, would think of her a lot. Her mind she lets wander, as she always has, but now more to keep it from her work than anything. The only thing which she takes enjoyment in now is her singing, but it sickens her that the only thing it is good for is for the enjoyment of her customers.

Appearance: She is pale skinned, with long black hair and blue eyes, and is rather slim and short. Often she wears a veil or mask on her face when she goes out in public to avoid being recognised, and unconciously favours more dramatic styles of dress, a remnant from her theatre performing days.

9. el timtor Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Veteran

Name: Simon Talbot

Simon is 5'8", 200#, 25 yrs old. Tanned skin, dark brown eyes, black mustache/beard, bald. Dressed in dark blue jacket/pants, white shirt, black boots(the only clothes he owns at the moment).

He has a pleasant personality, but gets rowdy when he drinks too much. He's angry about being abandoned in Portson, but his need to find work/money overrides that.

Simon is a skilled seaman and navigator, can fight well with fists, blades, or firearms (if we have them--IIRC flintlock pistols/muskets came out in the early 17th century).

10. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

And that cheesy scene there - that was done on IRC :)

11. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Am I able to use my converted NWN character? She is level 18 though. Here is her description anyway:

Name: Na'tahlka Jermaine

Race: Half-Elf Drow

Class: Fighter/Rouge

Age: Im not sure how you age half-elves, so either 120 or about 20.
    Hometown: Karsoluthiyl

Diety: Lolth (drow influence)

Sink Color: Grey
    Hair Color: Silver/White
    Eye Color: Gold/Yellow

Dislikes: Males and Elves (drow influence), Weakness, Cowardice

Attitude: Relatively friendly, though a bit arrogant towards males. Inquisitive and adventurous

Perfered Weapon: Scimitar MW x2

Background:
    -----------------
    Na'tahlka grew up within Karsoluthiyl, living the ways of the drow until her early 100's. She had been a member of a drow militia, protecting her city from the perils of the Underdark. It was in her early 100's though that she began to dream of a different life. Throughout childhood she had heard stories of the surface and always wondered what it would be like, and when she turned 117 she decided to set out and see the world above for herself. Her drow training proved useful for the adventures she has had, and no doubt for the many to come. Her drow pastime has never left her though, as she still worships the Spider Queen, and still has trouble looking at males on the same level. Overall she is constantly learning about surface life, and enjoys watching the way surface dwellers live, their emotions, and dreams.

12. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Read the first OoC post Na'talka, only humans. Also we don't play by classes, our characters are just ordinary people.

13. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Create a character that would fit in with a totally non-magical 17th century world...

14. Steeze Gems: 10/31

Just letting you guys know that my public display name has changed from Blacky to Terthe.

15. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Like Terthe and Aik said, it is a realistic, 17th century game. No races, or classes.

16. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Na'tahlka - if you need any help getting started in this sort of roleplay - drop into the chatroom. Me, Lantus, and Terthe all have similar timezones to oyu, to there's a good chance that we'd be there.

17. Nerezza Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Oh ok. Hmm...
    Not my kind of area then this 17th centuary thing.
    I'm a Toril person.
    Oh well.
    Yeah I'll jump in the chat sometime.

18. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

Lantus, any chance I could join, as a travelling, kilted, fiddler (A violinist :p ) maybe?

19. Lantus Gems: 11/31

Any chance?! Sure thing, kilty. The more the merrier!!!

20. Rallymama Gems: 31/31

Media:
    Pretty much everything I know about Milo Maitland should be apparent in my post. :) OK, appearance:
    age - 40-ish
    height - 6 ft 2 inches or so
    weight - 185 lb or so (lean and wiry, like an old farmer)
    hair - brown, going grey
    eyes - brown
    general demeanor - tired

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.