1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Age of Mythology...

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Death Rabbit, Feb 16, 2004.

1. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    ...kicks ass! I bought it last night and stayed up till 4 am playing it. Great battle strategy game. Fun fun.

A quick question for anyone who's played it:

You know the various kinds of cattle you can find on the map? Pigs, chickens, etc.... is there any way to garrison them to produce renewable food, or do you just kill them for the meat and that's it? I have the expansion installed as well

This question also applies to Age of Empires II (w/ expansion).

2. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    IIRC there is a building you can build to store pigs and whatnot, but this is a vague recollection and I am not at all certain. Could be some other game. I also liked the game a lot, one of the better RTS to come out lately but I lost my copy.

3. Death Rabbit

Death Rabbit Straight, no chaser Adored Veteran Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Microsoft games (pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!!) just released a combo pack that includes both Age of Empires and Age of Mythology w/expansions. I got mine for $35, so it might be worth a gander.

I agree about the quality. Everything from the graphics, to the battle systems, to all the cool and unique units. It's definitely one of the better RTS games I've ever played. Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds is still my favorite, but AoM will certainly take its place for a while.

I would have thought the building in question would be the grain warehouse or something, but I could never get it to work. I couldn't find anything in the manual, but then again I'm lazy and didn't look very hard (hence my little post here).

4. Abomination Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Sadly there is no pastrolisim function for AoM or AoE. You can herd them but they won't reproduce (or if they do they reproduce very slowly) and nothing more.

5. Death Rabbit

Media:
    That blows. I've been spoiled on that very aspect of Star Wars: Galactic Battlegrounds, where hearding a dozen or more animals generates enough food to take care of you for pretty much the entire game. Oh well - minor inconvenience in an otherwise killer game. At least the farms are perminent and don't require resources to replenish (like in AoE and SW:GB).

6. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

ahhh, i see you have found a way to heaven.

i played this game when it was released. Given my oriental background, those gods are most foreign to me. i had no knowledge about Troy and such except that wooden horse. This game alone grew a huge interest in mythology in me. Last summer, i took a Greek and Roman mythology class at Iowa State U. It might just be the best course i have taken but i left this course with great unsatisfaction - i wanted more. And now, i am biophysic minoring classical studies. All because a game.

7. fade Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Heh, I am taking a Junior level Medieval history course because of a game. In fact it was the precusor to AoM. I blame it on Aok and its expansion pack, AoC.

8. Woodwyrm Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

The worst part about these games is that they've helped me with projects in my history class... :ph34r:!

Though i concur with those above, these games are very good.

9. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Must resist urge to reinstall AoM... :(

Great game, but repetitive at times...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.