1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Ajantis Fans: Spoiler

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by maxiwoo, May 1, 2001.

1. maxiwoo Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

DONT GO TO THE WINDSPEAR HILLS!
    The group of orcs etc that attck you are really a bunch of pallies, and one of them is Ajantis. I was mortified when Keldorn told me, he was cool!

2. Earl Grey

Earl Grey Mmm... hot tea! Veteran

[​IMG] Please warn people when you're posting a spoiler!

3. Bruce the Monk Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

So you can avoid combat against those paladine and still carry on the plot.

4. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Earl Grey, no problem... ;) Topic edited.

5. Orkrist the Cleaver Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] Poor Ajantis. He got the short end of the stick in my BG1 party, and it looks like I went and screwed him again in BG2! Oh well, at least I can claim ingnorance for the BG2 blunder. How do you avoid fighting them?

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Well if you want to get to Firkraag you have no choice but to go there. Killing them is not avoidable, you have to do it. But you can get off for it. Locate the cottage on the map and talk to the guy inside...
    I won't spoil more.

7. Christian Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Why you dont want to fight them?

They are easy to kill, depending of your party.

I play solo with a sorcerer and the sunfire spell (5lvl spell) Just do it 2 times and no more enemy in sight and a lot of exp.

:)

8. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Seems a bit annoying that you can't avoid killing them. After all, they do seem VERY odd, and you'd think that dispel illusion or something similar would work.

9. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Yeah, I felt terrible after that fight. Unfortunately when they were chopping at me, they wouldn't take a quick break for a Latte & some conversatioin.

Seriously though, it is very knightly to break during a long fight. Look at Lancelot & Tristan. They fought all day with many breaks to refresh themselves.

10. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    A lot of of the BG1 NPC's fall in BG2: Monty, Xzar, Tiax, Khalid, Ajantis, Dynaheir...

I was bummed about Khalid...That was painful, Khalid was with me till the end in BG1. It was me, Minsc, Khalid, Branwen, Dynaheir & Imoen.

It cracked me up when he'd run away yelling "Better part of Valor, Better part of Valor...."

11. Volar Blackmane Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Let's not forget about Safana...

It was actually pretty nice having the npc:s from BG1 showing up in BG2 too, though Coran didn't want to join my party :p

Wonder if more will be seen in ToB?

12. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

What about Quayle, isn't he in BG1 and BG2?

13. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Yes, but he's a joinable NPC in BG1... In BG2 he's just another commoner. Well, more or less.

14. carlstar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

kaigin the dwarf from bg1?
    i found the rest.
    monty xzar quayll and vic.
    no kaigin with th 20 con.

15. Nightal Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Bobby and Hank are also in the game!

I think that Sheila was the concept for Imoen.

I'm talking about the old D&D cartoon.

16. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

Garrick is also in BG2 isn't he - in the temple district.

17. Da Punisher Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I don't think Garrick was there, since I killed him in BG1. I didn't want to, but he was stuck in a doorway of a bar, where I needed to go in a lot of times. And he was blocking my path, so sorry to all his fans...
    IT WAS AN ACCIDENT MAN!!! ;)
    I had Ajantis all the way in BG1, and I didn't like it when I found out is was that ogre, I'd just slain (You say slain, right ;), see topic, slayer got slained)
    But I thought he was pretty weak actually!
    Maybe he had no other adventures and didn't get more XP's or something, but then I still find him weak.
    ARGH, maaaan, was I pissed when I found out it was him. Of course, Keldorn tells it when you've already killed him...

18. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
    Hmm, I don´t think Ajantis was that bad - he had pretty high total stats actually:
    str-17/ dex-13/ con-16/ int 12/ wis-13/ chr-17 totalling 88 points, a pretty good roll.

He is (better was for slain he was) IMHO one of the better fighters in BG-1 ;)

However, it was a real shame that I had to kill him, the more since I play a cavalier at the moment :(

19. kevlar0101 Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

some people are getting emotional here............

btw it was nice too skewer ajantis on my sword, After slaying the radiant heart, along with keldorn, anomen and their familys and anything else that looked like a pally,
    you get pretty hungry for mass murder

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.