1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Alas....the next waves of the ocean pushes the previous waves up the shore......

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shura, Jan 17, 2001.

1. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I arrived here around March or April in 2000.
    Back then, Fategg, hooligan were 'the dudes'. My peers were Rakanishu, herf among a few others. Now, I find myself among the veterans of Sorcerer's place....heheheheheh, it's time for us to welcome the next generation of posters in, I guess.

2. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] Shura...Just think of it as a new wave of paladins to bash! ;)

I know I've enjoyed it!

3. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Hell yeah! More canned food!
    *Liralcor laugh*
    MWAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

4. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Are you two going to play the IWD Expansion?

Syl...

5. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I plan to...Assuming I get my pc back some time this year. Why? What's up?

6. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Just making conversation :)

Opps. I mean :D

Syl...

7. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Oh...I thought there was something cool, exciting and secret going on. :cool: When's the expansion coming out? It should be soon...

By the way, have you every played the "Dark Side of the Sword Coast?" It was an unoffical expansion that Team BG came out with last year. Rumor has it that they are making ones for IWD and BG2 as well.

8. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] I'll definitely pick it up; how about you Syl? Or has BG2 spoiled you for these games for a while?

Sir Belisarius - What's the deal with your computer? I seem to recall posts about it having problems quite a while ago; shouldn't you have it back by now?

9. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Blackthorne - It is driving me nuts! It's been in the shop since December 30th! The repair guy has called me three times...Each time, they find something new to fix.

Luckily it's under warranty, but I'm beginning to think I should just upgrade...Hopefully I'll be up and running soon.

10. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    [​IMG] Holy Cow! I've never had a problem with any of my computers, and I put together my current one... What's the matter with those bozos?!

11. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Oh of course I'll be playing IWD! I can't wait for that.

At least with IWD, they give you the direction and you get right to it and continue to work on it until it's done. Not like in BG2. Go here. So you go, but then someone stops you because you need the magical wand of this game sucks to pass. So then you have to go looking for it but on your way, you run into a man who was turned into a bird who hold the wand. So now you have to free the bird to get the wand. But damn, you need a bird cage to capture the bird but the guy who makes the cages has no wood so you have to get some. Thing is, it's a magical bird so the wood has to be enchanted to capture the bird in the first place...

IWD will be my savior!

Syl...

12. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Heh! Glad to hear it... But I take it your no fan of adventure games then? Your description pretty much describes them to a "T"...

13. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] Syl's still a little bitter I think.

I think my computer problem may also be partially operator error. I tend to have a very short temper with machines...It may have been the hammer I kept trying to adjust it with... :D

14. Vandalore Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Nah that couldn't have been it, those things are built like a rock! Heh.. well the old ones at least. My friend took a 22 gauge to an old 386 board and it just ricoched off and jumped in the air. One tough mother trucker if you ask me. I don't know why everyone is afraid of breaking or shocking their computer. Sure, everyonce in awhile if you're not careful you'll fry something. Hell it seems like if you just sit there and stare at it, it will goof up and burst into flames anyways.
    P.S. Hope you get your computer back soon. I know what it's like not having a computer for that long (5 to 6 months). CIH did a number on me a year or two ago.

15. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    [​IMG] I hope it's soon! I am going through severe BG/IWD/email withdrawal.

5-6 months?! I would have been on a rampage!

16. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Oh no. I love adventure games. Ultima 5. Beautiful adventure game. I could go anywhere I wanted, whenever I wanted. Now there is a true adventure game. There were plenty of quests, but they never stopped you from being able to go somewhere or do something. Very well done.

It's a shame they are just memories now.

Syl...

17. Sir Belisarius

Media:
    Daggerfall was like that too! A lot o' fun, and not restrictive at all.

18. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    [​IMG] Ah... Ultima 5... Yes indeed. But I believe that's "classified" as an RPG; I was talking more of the "King's Quest" or "Monkey Island" type game when I said "adventure games"...

19. Sylvus Moonbow Gems: 21/31

Oh no. Those types of adventure games is what you know you're getting. They're done very well and aren't so tedious like they are in BG2. They're fun, not annoying.

So many times in Spellhold, I was like "Alright. Enough already. Let me leave" but there was always something else to keep you in and annoyed just for a little longer. Just when you thought you were done...you had to retain from pulling out your hair because something else popped up.

I loved the King's Quest series. KQ3 was by far my favorite of all for those types of games.

Syl...

20. Blackthorne TA

Media:
    Interesting... I can see your point.

You must remember however that Spellhold is a prison, and the gauntlet you're running is meant as a test to see if you are of sufficient faculties to warrant release... But, yes, I do see your point about Spellhold.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.