1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Am I missing something or what?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Gonff, Apr 14, 2001.

1. Gonff Gems: 3/31
    Latest gem: Lynx Eye

[​IMG] I was walking around in Baldur's Gate 2, when I noticed in the graveyard that a pillar was devoted to KELEMVOR god of the dead. Now is it jus t me or did Kelemvor die and CYRIC became god of the dead. So I'm I missing something or what?

2. Bateluer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

I may be a little behind in this, so somebody correct me if I am wrong . ..

Myrkul was killed by Midnight, AKA Mystra, but Ao gave that portfolio to Cyric
    In the book "Prince of Lies" Cyric was overthrown in the City of the Dead, , kelemvor had short fight with Cyric, who was weakened from the destruction of Zhentil Keep, his largest base of whorshippers. The damned in the city of the dead, fed up with Cyric, and spurred on by Gwydion, made Kel their god. I can't say much more without spoiling the series for you, but you will want to read both "Prince of Lies" and its sequel "Crucible: The trial of Cyric the mad"

3. Gonff Gems: 3/31

[​IMG] Thanks a lot :D :D :D :D:

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

That sounds interesting. Are those books part of a series?

5. Gonff Gems: 3/31

No. there is the avatar trilogy (Shadowdale, Tantras, and Waterdeep) then prince of Lies and it's sequel

6. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

[​IMG] Aces! Kewl Bat, you read too? Do you follow the Cormyr saga and Drizzts too? Crucible was enjoyable coz half the book was the GODS' conversations, I didn't like much of the other half though. and it had a pretty crappy ending :/

[This message has been edited by R'syil (edited April 17, 2001).]

7. Cerryl Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

R'syil, you sound so surprised that someone here reads. I'm fairly sure that most people here read FR and others. In fact I'm pretty sure that there are some previous posts about fantasy books.

8. Gonff Gems: 3/31

Drizzt rules!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But what is the Cormyr saga.

9. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

I have read all of the books surrounding Drizzt, Catti Brie, Wulgar, and Bruenor. RA Salvatore is one of the best authors I have ever read. Did you know that he is writing the story of Star Wars:EP 2?
    http://www.rasalvatore.com

I've read the Avatar Trilogy, though I thought it was a little boring, except for Waterdeep, that was much better. Prince of Lies and Crucible were both good. Crucible was interesting to read cause you don't really know what Mystra, Kel, Ao and the others actually said. The narrator is a follower of Cyric and fills the book with bias, but that makes it good reading. He was forced by Mystra to tell the truth, but he did not know what the gods were discussing, he would have to get that data from another source, possibly tainted.

I have not read the Cormyr sage, is it worth it for me to pick up a copy from Amazon?

10. Enagonios Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

DEFINITELY!
    I'm still gonna get Death of the Dragon.
    I have Cormyr and Beyond the high road. Cormyr narrates it's past so well, that you wont be able to put the book down. Beyond the High Road was also qute good, but it was basically A buildup book for DotD, so I didn't like it as much. Most people say you'll need it to understand DotD because of all the talk about "Alaundo's prophecy"
    But for me, Cormyr was a GREaT read

Cerryl: Sorry ;) but none of my friends ever know what I'm talking about on FR, so I was pleasantly surprised. Kinda like country mouse going to the city hehe :D

11. Bateluer Gems: 11/31

Maybe I'll pick up a few of of the Cormyr novels, I get paid this weekend :D

12. Reeky thestenchful goblin Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

[​IMG] im new to the fr books but i have read the first 2 books in the icewidale trilogy and really enjoyed them i was wondering where the best place to but fr books is

13. Darien Noella Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 31, 2017
  14. kemanmaldea Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

Picking up the books is defenatly worth while and now you have clued me into annother triloge to find. I need $$$ for Books but doesent any avid reader.

15. Relic Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I've been wondering where to find all the information about the dragon and Cormyr. How long has that trilogy been out? I haven't seen it, and I try to look through bookstores relatively often (though I'll admit, it's been a lot easier to buy a lot of older books off the internet, like www.bibliofind.com, etc.)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.