1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Am I the only sad one around here?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Sniper, May 30, 2001.

1. Sniper Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

I was just wondering whether i'm the only git sround here that has played BG I, completed loads of times and yet, after 7 months has still not bought BG II or even played on it!

So tell me people! Am i a sad case? Are you one like me? Please say so that i may feel enlightened again!

2. Voltric Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Dear Sniper, I'm sorry to say it's just you. I pre-ordered BG2 and played it back in the fall of 2000. You may the only one. If you liked BG, and it sounds like you did, you will really like BG2. So go pick it up today. Have you played IWD or is your condition limited to the BG games?

Remember there maybe hope...

3. Avooch Dar Guest

Well sniper if you were not so busy using your hand (you know what i mean!). Then you would have it free to go get a copy.

Then again i must admit that i have yet to complete bg2 and have only played the demo of ID.
    Planescape...i have completed that!

4. Crawl Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

So I think the main question to ask here is, after all this time, WHY NOT?!? Come on Sniper, look at it this way. It will give you something to do other than kick people in the shins :D Plus it's a great game; well worth the months and hours I spent playing it.

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] No BG2 yet?!?!?!?!?!? I am shocked AND appalled! Sniper, bow your head in shame...Shame!

Okay, maybe that was a little harsh - But I am shocked...That's all we ever talk about here! I say we all chip in a buck and help him to get the bloody thing! :D

6. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

[​IMG] I'm willing to chip in my $1.48 in Canadian funds!

This has to be the weirdest thing I've ever heard Sniper. I could have sworn you gave me some tips on how to deflower Airie, erm, I mean solve the Firkaag case. ;)

7. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

[​IMG] Sniper your a sad case anyway, that don't depent on playing BG2 ;)

But seriously, i share your faith 'cause i bought PS:T as a bargain when i had alomost finshed BG and since the winter has gone i'm in outdoor activities (eg gardening, sports..) and spend only a few time on PC at home and i will not buy BG2 before finishing PS:T.

8. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

I only completed BG1 too. I've played IWD, got far but didn't complete it. I have never even seen BG2 except from screenshots. I just started BG1 again, and I plan to use that character in BG2 if I ever complete it.

9. herf Guest

i have ps:t and bg but thats it, thats enoughf or me, i dont think i could handle another great game right now, well except for IWD because that seems to be just pure hack `n slash so it might be ok but no bg2 for at leats another month.

10. Sniper Gems: 28/31

[​IMG] Okay! You've convinced me to buy the game! And i will! But only after my GCSEs and my first pay packet! May BG fans rule!! ;)

11. Septic Yogurt Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

I played BG, enjoyed it.

I got BG2 around November time, installed it, the first few hours were good, then it got boring, same over and over, I tried to enjoy it but I couldn't.

I got PS:T for £5 in January from gameplay, it was boxed and on my shelf (full celophane wrap) for about 4 months, then I decided to play it, enjoyed it, formatted hard drive, couldn't be arsed to start again.

12. herf Guest

what game are you buying?

13. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Man some of you guys are scaring me. Well not really but I thought you guys had played BG2, why it's the game that got me into this mess ;) From it I went out and bought BG1 and Planescape with ToB and Icewind Dale on the way.

14. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

[​IMG] i Started with BG, got TOSC,then had a friend give me BG2(my fav) and IWD. I didnt like IWD the fact that you have to create all the characters really turned me off.

15. Sniper Gems: 28/31

I got BG by buying a computer - it was a free thing that came with it. Then from there i moved on to unreal tornement! :) but i'm going to move back to bg and get bg II

16. Satiana Fearbringer Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I didn't finish BG1. My hard drive blew up and by the time I got my computer back up and humin, BG2 was out. Of course I couldn't help myself, I jumped right into BG2 and went adventuring.

I like IWD because you can play it in groups. My fiance and his brother and I, each create two people and we link in for a night of fun. It is pretty cool when you have 3 different minds and 3 different kinds of strategies on how to fight. Eventually you end up working like a well oiled machine, but the beginning is kind of rough.
    It is almost like role playing in a way.

17. Melkhior Guest

hihihi. hahaha. This was acctually pretty funny. Everybody has it by now. I thought. :)

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.