1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

An Iraqi's opinion on the removal of Saddam

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Darkwolf, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

2. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

Got no audio here, sorry, but this reminds me of a piece that a columnist named Mark Steyn wrote -- someone asked him (facetiously) if he'd ever spoken to an Iraqi, and he replied that he'd spoken to several -- in Montreal where he lives there are a great number of Iraqi ex-patriates. All of them had suffered to some extent at the hands of the Hussein regime, and all advocated his swift removal. So much for us not being in the real world over here in in the West.

3. Darkwolf Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

[​IMG] Sorry it didn't work for you. I just clicked on it and it worked fine for me.

4. LKD Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Veteran

My apologies -- what I meant was, the computers here at the school have no speakers!

Ahem -- to make this post worthwhile, I will mention that American involvement (or the early lack thereof) annoyed the daylights out of the U.K. and France, among others, but the West did not fracture then -- it will not now.

[Edit] wrong thread -- D'oh!

[ March 21, 2003, 04:18: Message edited by: Depaara ]

5. Big B Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

[​IMG] We're all just a bunch of chirping birds, no matter what side you're on.

6. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    I didnt listen to the audio but the iraqis in Sweden has been given much media space lately and they are more or less divided in half. One side supports the war effort and is willing to pay any price to get rid of Saddam, this side is mostly kurdish. The other side have fled Saddam's repression as well but do not think the civilain toll of this war is worth it, they think there would have been other ways. These two groups are the people that should be given more space as they are the ones that truly knows what it is all about. This is not an easy question at all, as can be seen that even the victims of Saddam are divided on it.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.