1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another problem with Jaheira's Romance...

Discussion in 'BG2: Throne of Bhaal (Classic)' started by CastleIvan, Apr 13, 2006.

1. CastleIvan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Hi everyone!

So, I'm playing TOB (again) and this time, for something different, I thought I'd try finishing Jaheira's romance... however things seem to be stuck up.

I'm in chapter...3, I think? (I'm still running around doing quests in Amn) and Dermin has shown up once already...according to the romancing guide, after a certain amount of time, he should show up again. Well, I've been waiting/resting for sometime now, and he's nowhere to be found. Help!

2. Hethan the Skald Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

Veteran

Depending on the appearance, you should rest outside Athkatla. Have you tried the De'Arnise keep or the Druid Grove?

My last meeting with him took so long to happen that it only happened in chapter 7, when I was on my way to Suldanesselar. I didn't want to wait hours and hours to go finish the game, so I had to CLUA Terminsel.

3. CastleIvan Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Yeah, I've been sleeping at the D'arnise hold... I've toyed with the clua console before, but only in a limited aspect (gold, xp, etc...) how's it work for spawning terminsel, dermin, revianne, etc?

4. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

It depends on Dermin's global variable, and which number corresponds to when he shows up... I'm not sure exactly what to type in for Dermin, but maybe:

GetGlobal("GLOBAL","Dermin")

(Note: this just checks what state he is at. To spawn him is something I don't know, and I don't know the consequences of it.)

Or something... I'm sure Fel knows :) Speaking of console commands, what do you type in if you want to check the globals for something like Dermin, or Meronia?

5. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Well, I had hoped to stay out of this, but now that my name has been invoked I shall try. :heh:
    That's a bit off. First of all, the "GLOBAL" part always goes after the actual variable you want to check, and second (though I'm sure you realized this yourself), the variables are rarely so simplistic as "Dermin". In this case, it would be...
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("DerminSpawn","GLOBAL")

Reviane's variable follows the same format, with Reviane in the place of Dermin, but Meronia's appearance depends on two different variables. "LyrosJob" has to be 3 (which indicates that you've done the Xzar/poisoned man quest), and "JaheiraHarperPlot" has to be 0 (which indicates that you haven't started the Harper sub-plot yet). Also, none of this stuff can happen in Chapters 4, 5, or 7.

Dermin waits six days (in-game, I believe) to reappear after your first meeting. You must also have had LT52, which starts, "How... how did that last battle make you feel? Did you enjoy it?" But the LoveTalks' counter, "JaheiraRomance", unlike "DerminAppear" (the counter for his wait), is based on real time, not game time. To accelerate the LoveTalks, leave your game paused but running for an hour and you will get another one.

6. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

Yeah, Fel, I did realize that, I just wasn't sure what it was... DerminSpawn makes sense. What is it supposed to be for him to show up the second time? I know it is DerminAppear, but what is the global level?

And to check the lovetalk number, what is it?
    GetGlobal("JaheiraRomance","GLOBAL") just shows where the romance is, not the actually talk.
    GetGlobal("JaheiraLoveTalk","GLOBAL")?

7. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

DerminSpawn should be 3, and DerminAppear should be 0 (it's a timer, remember?).
    1. "JaheiraRomance", again, is the timer, so it'll be gradually counting down until your next scheduled LoveTalk unless there's something preventing it. "JaheiraRomanceActive" is likely the one you're thinking of.
    2. Checking the LoveTalk number is somewhat more difficult, which is why I gave the first line of the one in question. You see, the LoveTalk variables are actually local variables rather than global variables. To check it (for anyone), you have to put your cursor over the portrait of the one you want to check and use a code that doesn't make much sense.
    CLUAConsole:GetGlobal("LoveTalk","LOCALS")

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.