1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Another Religious subject: What Happens When You Die?

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Shadowcouncil, Jun 12, 2001.

1. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

For the topics start te get more serious, I wanna ask your opninion/believes about what will happen when we die. I already told that I believe in God, I know what's gonna happen in the Afterlife. How do you think about this?

2. BogiTheWaverer Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

I suspect there is nothing. I can't imagine anything to be without biochemical support, but I will be very pleased if i'm wrong and the post mortem theories, i was told in the church, before i went non-conformistic(sp?), proved to be true.

3. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Well and I just can't imagize that all that beautifull on this world just came "by accident", I'm sure it's created by God, not by a Big Bang. And so I'm also sure that when I die it will not end.

4. Lokken Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Veteran

I am more a philosopher than scientist, so I dont know what to believe because nobody has ever been able to tell the story of death in a way that science approve. To some point I would expect nothing from the bio-chemical reations in the body and in lifeforms in general. Though if a spiritual form of life, that extends itself beyond scientific understanding I would be most thrilled :)
    I really hope there is some sort of afterlife, and when the time comes, I will await it in excitement

[This message has been edited by Darien Noella (edited July 07, 2001).]

5. Sir Belisarius

Sir Belisarius Viconia's Boy Toy Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder

Media:
    [​IMG] I think we get recycled...Just like everything else. So, I guess I'll go with the circle of life theory.

I've always noticed that when things die, they get recycled by nature, and the physical body is used to feed growing plants, organisms and other animals. As for the soul...Maybe that gets recycled too! Many people claim to recall past lives, so why not?

6. stargazer Gems: 5/31
    Latest gem: Andar

[​IMG] I can't believe that after this we get nothing. I can't imagine how something ends completely. Everything that has a beginning needs to have an end but that is not always a permanent one. I don't have an example right now but I'll think of sth.
    Anyway, about that biochemical support and scientific side of the matter, it is widely accepted by the scientific community that our brain is actually unexplored. We know nothing of our full potential and we can't be sure that we don't have capabilities that might keep what we now call 'spirit' alive. So maybe afterlife is just a state where our mind can wander free, without the help of our body. Of course there must be a supreme force that created all this but I won't be the one to judge whether or not it's God.
    And now, don't hurry. We'll all find out what's on the other side some day so we might as well take our time till then.

[This message has been edited by Stargazer rb-rjd (edited June 12, 2001).]

7. Nobleman Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Hi Headbanger! I have something You can ponder on this sommer:If god created the big blast? What created God? Has god been here forever?If so, this means that there could be unlimited amounts of universes. Unlimited amounts of universes means that You could have a copy of Yourself in another universe. When You get connected by some devine channel, is that Deja Vu?

8. Kitiara Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I myself believe in the circle of life theory, however humans have long ago pulled themselves out of the circle by embalming (sp?) and burying their bodies 6 feet under where tree roots cannot reach them.

I do not want to be embalmed and i want a huge willow tree to be planted on me.

I also believe in reincarnation. I hope i come back as a cat.. now that would be the life.

[This message has been edited by Kitiara (edited June 12, 2001).]

9. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

Nobleman ---> How can the Creator be created? He was always there. I don't say I can explain and prove all I believe but I know that He lives. The problem is that we human think we're so smart nowadays and we wanna understand everthing but we can't and that we have to accept (and that's hgard for us) About cycle, things cycle yes but not the spirit.... Your spirit, youself, that's something unique.

10. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

I didn't make a statement. I asked You qustion. About Deja Vu. Just curious on Your Opinion cause You seem to have pondered alot on theese things. :cool:

11. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

I don't believe in that. God created one Heaven, one Earth, and one Universe. But God isn't only a creator, who just looks at what he created, he wants us to know him and so he gave us the bible, written by men, inspired by God. In the bible is everything we have to know about him. If he created more earths or more humans somewhere else, he would let us know it.

12. Seric Exz Guest

Although I really cannot stand organized religion, I still believe there has to be some kind of afterlife. I suspect it has something to do with the fact that I cannot grasp the concept of my own existence, and I cannot imagine the universe without me.
    I don't believe I was put here on earth with the sole purpose of preparing myself for the afterlife, though. What's the point of life if you don't live it?

My somewhat negative attitude towards organized religion has more to do with the way humans have practiced their religion throughout history than the actual Message itself.

13. Lord Moeken Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I'm not so sure headbanger. The bible definately brings up some good points, but do you really think that everything we could possibly know about God is contained in the bible? We are given pieces of information about creation, how people are supposed to live and what sort of spiritual afterlife we can expect. Just because something isn't covered in the bible doesn't automatically make it false and if God wanted us to know everything, well, then we would be Gods ourselves.

I almost forgot to put in my two cents about the topic. For some it would be very depressing if the truth were that there was nothing after death, only the stop of a heartbeat. One can try to explain life through a series of chemical equations or electrical impulses through synapses in the brain, but even as I sit and type these words, it just seems that there has to be more.
    The question of what happens after death becomes very difficult answer: Do we have a soul or spirit that exists outside the physical world? Does it exist in our hearts or our brains? Why do we not have tangible feedback that our soul exists, while we are living? Does the way we act in life describe the essence of our soul, and if so, why can head injuries or chemical imbalances totally change the way a person behaves?

These questions are beyond me. I suppose if I was less of a skeptic and more of a spiritual being, then I would have my answers.

[This message has been edited by Lord Moeken (edited June 12, 2001).]

14. Nobleman Gems: 27/31

Now I think You are beeing harsh on Headbanger.He expressed himself more precise in 3 lines that I have heard people do in 3 hours peptalk. good going banging head! :cool:

He didn't say we should know everything from the bible. He said we can learn what we have to learn. There is a difference. Anyway about universe/multiverse I'll take a peek in the bible this summer and find something that supports multiverse :D

15. Mathetais Gems: 28/31
    Latest gem: Star Sapphire

Nobleman - I've often thought about the universe/multiverse subject. The Bible seems to support a single universe, but doesn't rule out more.

One thing about the Bible is that it is definitive on what we need to know to be saved. It does not set itself up to be the whole answer on every topic under the sun.

Personally, where the Bible stops speaking, I get real hesitant before I start labeling my opinion as TRUTH.

16. Grovflab Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I am a god, and therefore I won't die.

17. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

since i am a not a believer in anything what so ever my answer will be quite bleak. but here it comes:

since i feel that there is no god nor is there satan and i dont think that there is such a thing as neutrality, i would think death would be nothingness although since our brains would be shutdown we wouldnt realize that there even is nothingness we would just fade away all our thoughts and perceptions would cease to exist and there would be just that nothingness but since our perceptions would be gone we couldnt even percieve nothingness therefore there would be nothing to percieve to say it bluntly there would be nothing, if such a thing exists. think of this world as positive and death as negative + and - = 0 which is nothing, i suppose this isnt even an answer just a living thought.

18. herf Guest

i belive that when you die you go where you belive you will go. thats it. nothing more nothing less.
    it has been scientifically proven that the body decreases a few pounds in weight when you die (in the moment of death) and it is belived that this is the spirit form leaving the body.
    there are many supposed spirit levels, cant type about them all right now but they are supposed to exist and the onyl way we can reach the lower ones is in lucid dreaming.

herf.

19. The Fat Egg Gems: 15/31
    Latest gem: Waterstar

thats an interesting philosophy herf, similiar to the belief of nirvana a place of perfect bliss, as long as one thought they would go there they would, it is really quite interesting.

20. Azardu Gems: 9/31
    Latest gem: Iol

Hmm. What herf said.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.