1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anti-homossexual parade in Warsaw - June.

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Svyatoslav, Nov 13, 2005.

1. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31
    Latest gem: Moonstone

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1425718/posts?page=1

Were you there, Chev? ;)
    By the way, just notice the looks of the leftist protesters. Now looking at the beautiful and decent looking Polish families, rallying for morality and family values leaves no doubt as to whom is right and who is misguided. Seriously, if I looked the least like any of those leftist protests I would be pretty frustrated as well...

2. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    I'm not a big fan of the All-Polish Youth. I'm generally distrustful and resentful towards any political organisations aimed at young people. I don't like the idea of using babies and children for display in political manifestations.

And those lefties looked like real fascists. ;)

Of course, I still say a big no to gay marriage and adoption and demonstrations are much needed, I think. So don't think I'm against the idea. I just prefer to stay away from the All-Polish Youth. Any aggressive youth subcultures, anyway.

[ November 13, 2005, 17:27: Message edited by: chevalier ]

3. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

I always wonder why those morons from All-Polish Youth call themselves "All-Polish" ? I don't support those close to fascism organization neither do 99,99% of my friends.
    The subject of homosexual mariages and adoptions should be discussed in seperate thread.

4. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Poland :thumb:

Your society and its values are being undermined by a contemptible band of people. But some stand up to that threat, it would seem.

Go Polish lefties. :thumb:

I have confidence in the Polish people; they will know a wolf in sheep's clothing for what it is.

5. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

I think you are a bit confused on Poland's values and society. Just a hint, it has nothing to do with Amsterdan. ;)
    By the way, these leftist look like some punk losers. I would certainly not be proud standing on their ranks. :D

6. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I'm simply disappointed in both sides. No attempt to find common ground or explain their positions; just a big "screw you" to the other side. This ought to set resolution (whichever way it goes) back a few months at least. :rolleyes: Youth like these simply have too much free time on their hands. (Look who's talking. :shake: )

The only way this cr*p is ever going to stop is if these primates settle down enough to hammer out an agreement that neither side is happy with. (Both sides being happy would be ridiculously unlikely, given their extremism, but the other side being unhappy ought to be enough of a trade-off.)

7. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Shouldn't their looks alone make clear who is right, and who is not? :D

Maybe I dont quite follow you, but aint that an extremely silly solution? Making an agreement that none side is happy with - if that is even possible! - just for not letting either side have the upper hand?! How would that solve anything? Avoiding conflicts is always the worst solution to problems, because they always end up catching you ahead.

8. Dendri Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Perhaps I am. Then again I have been many times to the Netherlands, but never to Poland.
    Are you saying this display there is the logical conclusion of the Polish society and mindset?

Punk losers. I would like to think the Polish can muster more than a few autonomous groups to oppose those flag-waving hordes.
    Dont tell me it isnt so. :cry:

9. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

You are going to have to ask Chevalier and Undertaker here, but by reading what they have said, these All-Polish Youth does not - crap :D - the Polish society. In the other hand, their opposers seem to reflect much less, nonetheless.
    Adding to what some Polish pals have told me, these leftists seem to have absolutely no bearing in the Polish society. But then my friends are a bit harsher than Chevalier and Undertaker and probably support the All-Polish Youth. :D

10. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    First time I hear of that militant lefty tribe. :shake:

11. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

That's pretty much the same thing as I would say about those Russian rightist marchers you posted about in another thread earlier. ;)

Personally I think all these marches and parades are waste of time but it's their right to do it as long as they do so peacefully. Too often than not there are however radical elements involved and some sort of violent outbreaks appear sooner or later. I'll try to influence my government through democratic processess rahter than walking down the streets carrying signs with idiotic punchlines, but each to their own I suppose.

These nationalist youth movements do not worry me much since I'm quite confident that with most it's just a passing trait of rebelling against the society, be you rightist or leftist. Some may stay in their camps but those will in the end be a minority. In western democracies very little room is given for uncompromising attitudes and policies.

12. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

This from the limburger. :rolleyes: IMHO, they ALL have at least a passing acquaintance with the ugly stick. ;)

Well, if you ask a stupid question, you should be ready for a stupid answer. :p

Because both sides are clearly vindictive on the average, sticking it to the other side might be enough for them to stop behaving like ninnies for a while. Of course both sides will still push for their agenda, but at least they'll have a focusing document that they can bring to the negotiating table. That way they can keep their petty concerns out of the streets and in debate halls where they belong.

13. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Morgoroth,

Those Russians protesters looked anything but punks. Anyway, while it is true most young leftists are just going through a rebellious phase, and usually grow out of it, most rightist are much more committed and serious our cause, and desertions in our ranks are pretty rare.

14. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    There's nothing wrong with gay people, it's their choice at the end of the day, and any demonstrations are ignorant and small-minded IMO. They need more important things to fill their sad lifes with and should leave gay people alone.

15. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

I find it a tad bit strange that people place so much emphasis on how the different sides (or their representatives in this particular instant) look. It's pretty prejudiced and shallow to brand someone something because they look like "punks."

That's one of the reasons I think right wing extremism is more scary.

16. Morgoroth

Morgoroth Just because I happen to have tentacles, it doesn'

From what I've seen they both come more moderate and the extreme ideas are eventually forgotten both will certainly maintain their core leftist or rightist values but the extremism disappear.

And the youngsters participating in the Russian protest sure looked like complete punks too, but protesting youngsters tend to be complete punks no matter on what side they are. You can have your opinion of course but to me they are all the same.

17. Cernak Gems: 12/31

Ah, those scrubbed faces. Those clean clothes. The colorful peasant costumes. So like those parades in Nuremburg and Berlin--or was it Moscow--back in the good old 1930's. The posters change, but the mind-set stays the same.

18. AMaster Gems: 26/31
    Latest gem: Diamond

Media:
    As does the message, "You're not like us, so we don't like you."

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

*cheers the punks/other 'leftist' protesters*

You people whinge too much about dress sense :p They even look quite good for punks (comparative to punk dress styles, not ones that you think are appropriate :p )
    If they're the people willing to get out there and protest against homophobia - I'm all for them. Were I in Poland, I would have loved to have joined them (and no, I don't look punk in the slightest...)

It's funny that so many children too young to make educated decisions for themselves are with the 't3h g4y is b4dzor!' crowd - yay indoctrination and using young children for political goals...

20. Svyatoslav Gems: 12/31

Not really. If they look like stupid losers, I expect them to act accordingly.
    I can almost smell them from behind my screen. They are ugly, they cant dress. Everything about them scream "I am a stupid loser".
    I can only expect they act out of frustration for their pitiful and pathetic lives.

Commitment makes nothing scary. Bad ideas do.
    ------------------------------------------------------

Extremism certainly fades away with time, but mostly because the smarter find better ways to fight for which they believe in.
    I know for certain rightist seldom abandon their ideology, while marxist teenagers often become self centered and well off middle class people.

I think we are giving different definitions of punk. If you mean the typical stupid twit, then it is up to you, but I am refering myself more to the classical definition of punk - you know, as in clothes and looks. Unless you think people marching with Orthodox banners have anything to do with the punk movement?
    ---------------------------------------------------

That is indeed a very smart strategy - and I mean it for real. Accuse everyone marching for conservative ideas to be potencial nazi genociders. It surely will make the whole world look down on them.
    --------------------------------------------------

Children are oppressed by leftist ideas daily on schools and by the mass media, so why not? It certainly is better that the parents are "forcing" their views on their children - whom are the only ones with that right; till they are grown ups - than letting the UN do...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.