1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any books with Irenicus in them?

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Deathmaster, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Lately i got a fascination with Jon Irenicus, he just frankly kicks butt. Is featured in any books apart from the BG books, which i heard are a big dissapointment.
    Thanks in advance

[ March 09, 2003, 11:05: Message edited by: Taluntain ]

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    No, he isn't. As far as I know, he's a villain made up exclusively for BG2.

3. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

thats a shame, cause i would really like to find out in full detail about his history, and see the baldurs gate 2 game from his point of view.

4. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    *gets another plot bunny*

No way... my projects are taking already too much time...

I might be up to giving it an UNOFFICIAL, unprofessional try.. I like him, too, and I liekee bad guys. Mut my originals come first.

(The authoress-wannabe)

5. -EnigmA- Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

Sorry to revive such an old post, I just wanted to inform people that there ARE a novel featuring Jon Irenicus. An on-line novel called "Bitter Grey Ashes", and it's good. It's really, REALLY good.

You can read it here:
    http://www.gamejag.com/Ashes/

6. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    We were talking about printed novels here, obviously... There's a ton of online BG2 fan fiction out there.

7. Shura Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Wasn't Irenicus the villian in the BG2:SOA novel?

It sucks horribly, IIRC.

8. JamesT Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

Besides the SoA and ToB novels. I do not know of any either.

9. -EnigmA- Gems: 1/31

But it IS a fully sized novel with Irenicus as the main character, and if you really wanted to, I guess you could just print it.

It really is much better than several published books I've read.

10. Taluntain

Media:
    The point is, it's not official, it's made up fan fiction. Not that it's not quite possible that it's better than the official books, considering they were so awful I don't think anything worse could ever be written. But still.

11. dorotea Gems: 1/31

Hi folks!

Somebody pointed out this thread to me, so, apologies for barging in, but since I am an author you can forgive me being curious.

Just wanted to say that yeah - Ashes is of course a fanfiction, but I am sort of a Realms fanatic and I think I own evey sourcebook and download related to FR out there. When I write Ashes I try to follow the Realms lore/timeline to the letter. So, at least you can be assured that withing logic of the plot every line there had been verified and re-verified many times. The 'real' novels that I used as a reference materials were Evermeetand the Archwizards trilogy, I also use the Lands of Intrigue sourcebook, etc. So, at least all the Realms info in the Ashes is 'genuine'.

Also the Attic link to the novel provided here is fine - but if you want freshes updates go to my own page - I update it on 2 weekly basis, which is more frequently than Leo can do at the Attic.

It is:

http://www.onlinefiction.net/Ashes/BitterAshes.html

PS
    One last bit of infodump - we are currently coding the second version of the Redemption mod - The Longer Road, wich will give the player the opportunity to have Irenicus in the group for the entire ToB part of the game, and possibly 'redeem' him at the end of it.

Cheers!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.