1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Any Good Stories?

Discussion in 'Dungeons & Dragons + Other RPGs' started by Ralgnar, Mar 21, 2003.

1. Ralgnar Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

This is a topic for amusing anecdotes, well thought out plans, interesting schemes and such. It is similar to the post about stupid games, but more broad.

Mine comes from one of my first games. We were all 1st level characters, so we got into trouble quickly when an alarmed door gave the goblins on the other side time to fortify themselves. We were about 30 feet away from a low wall behind which crouched four goblin spear-chuckers. Not only that, but the way to the wall was covered in caltrops. So what to do? Our resident warrior surprisingly, came up with the plan. Ripping the door from its hinges, he set it up as a moving barricade, pushing it in front of him and, as a bonus, clearing the caltrops out of the way. But how do get over the wall without spilling out lifeblood to the foul goblins' spears? It was then that my mind, honed by its years of bardic training thrust a plan out of the swirling morass of thoughts. Making use of one of my earliest spells, a disembodied hand, I lifted a flask of lamp oil, stuffed with a flaming piece of cloth from a set of old clothes, over the door, over the wall, and dropped it onto the unsuspecting goblins. As they busied themselves with putting out small fires of clothing and body hair, we set the door against the wall to form a ramp, climbed it with our swords flashing about us, and went on to win the day. Ahh, memories. :D

2. Register Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

[​IMG] Once we where in a inn with three we needed to have a couple of noblemans maps so we bribed the guards at door while the last went to the bathroom. Him we paralyzed and hacked inte pieces, throwing the remains to the loo. There a civilian were so we killed him, too. When we came back to attack the noblemans the guard have been replaced, with new guards so we just challanged the noblemans on a duel to make this piece of sh*t end, once and for all. We won, suffering many wounds just to find out they didn't have any maps. :mad:

After that we went to the majors house in the little village and he told us to wait for a couple of minutes. After an hour or so we found out that he wouldn't come back so we went after him into the door, just to find out that it was locked and barricated. Our half-orc chrushed a hole in the door and the halfling (me) went into the hole and removing the barricade and let the other in just to find out that it weren't any major in there. He had escaped thrue the roof.:mad:Again.

OOC: At this time we started to throw our dices on the DM. :p

Good times, good times.

[ June 28, 2003, 19:17: Message edited by: Velve Zauviir ]

3. MrGrouch Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Ah, that flask of oil.

I was running a game one time using the old Keep on the Borderlands module. The party had been ambushed since they were making to much noise, so they were going quietly now. They came up on a room with 18 Kobolds in it, but the Kobolds weren't aware of them yet. The Ranger asked what the room looked like. I told him that there were plently of dried skins, rotted furniture, leaves and twigs, etc... Now, as 'extra' flavor, I mentioned that the air felt dry and warm (this was due to a fire burning in the next room, out of sight). Well this Ranger decides to toss a flask of Greek Fire into the room. In it went and landed in the middle of the room. Everything quickly cought on fire and every single Kobold died a fiery death. I wound of giving the PC extra XP for that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.