1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Anyone played Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader, and is it worth buying?

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Kiranos, Dec 6, 2003.

1. Kiranos Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Anyone played Lionheart: Legacy of the Crusader, and is it worth buying?

2. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

yeah i got it, and has almost completed it....i think. i'm lvl 26 (exp cap is about lvl 30). and no i don´t think you should buy it, the dungeons are borring. the magic system sucks bigtime. there are no real npc's and most of the quests are lame. why did i play it then? damn i have no answer, guess i was hoping it would get better.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    SAve your money mate. For above said reasons. Many better RPG's out there.

4. teekc Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

5. Wordplay Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

It sounded good. Got interested. Downloaded the demo. Forgot the game. :(

6. Kiranos Gems: 4/31

looks like I will sit on the money then, thanks for all your help

7. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

..I liked it.. :(

8. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    Pst, BG, BG2, IWD, IWD2, NwN, DS.

All much better RPG's. (Just ask if you need the abbreviations explained ;) )

9. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Morsmordre > I agree with you, all of those games except NwN is a better choice. Although I still like Lionheart. It´s alittle like Fallout, which is a great game also.

What´s wrong with the magic system? You select a spell and cast it for manacost.

I say download the demo, and then go buy it if you own PS:T, BG1, BG2, IWD1, IWD2 and DS already.

10. Kiranos Gems: 4/31

I have already played them all, (if you mean DS = Dungeon Siege?) I played with the same character all over the whole BG series including expansions, man did I loose alot of hours there... NwN, I'm part of a PW named The Fold and find it kick ass :p Didn't get into Dungeon Siege that much well, maybe the new standalone expansion will change that I don't know maybe...

11. trillex Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I. Hate. Dungeon Siege. It wasn't really a RPG, at least not in singleplayer. It got the potential to some in multiplayer but I never got so far in it, went right back in my friends head after I completed it once.

The only really complainment I have with Lionheart, is that the combat system is way too fast so you can get to target anything with spells before they are shredding you to pieces.

12. Equester Gems: 18/31
    Latest gem: Horn Coral

Veteran

Dungeon siege was cool in multiplayer, me and some friends wasted +80 hours on beating the singleplayer world and the multiplayer world. the funiest dungeon was defently, after we got lost in the desert, found a pyramid that took us to a strange island, where the exit to an underground dungeon was. man that was weird.

13. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

Trillex> It takes alittle time maybe to learn how to battle properly. But give it some time. I mean, every game has something you have to use your brain for.

Equester> DS in multiplayer is indeed very fun. Me and my brother has completed both worlds several times. To bad I live in a ****ty town where the gamestores dont have any idea what games they should buy. So I´ll just have to wait even longer for "Legens of Aranna". But when I DO get it, be sure you wont see me in the boards alot :D

14. Ofelix

Ofelix The world changes, we do not, what irony!

Media:
    Stay away from the evil of this abomination joke of a game!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.