1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Apple II games

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Blog, Mar 14, 2003.

1. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

After noticing how many people have played Apple ][ games, I decided to create a thread devoted to them. My Apple actually works still, so maybe I can go back and finish some puzzles that I couldn't solve when I was young.

So here are some of my unsolved problems that your posts in the "First computer games played" thread reminded me of:

1 - Karateka - how do you get past the gate that crushes you as you pass at the end of the second screen?

2 - Summer Games - How does the stubborn horse work in Equestrian? I can NEVER get it to jump.

More to come later!

2. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

My Apple //gs still works. But I don't really have any games for it. Most of the disks I have left are only the first disk out of two. Where the hell the other disk went, I don't know. Otherwise, I guarantee you that I'd be playing Defender of the Crown on it right this second. And a few others.

Anyways, everyone knows how to get past the gate.

But the hawk is another matter. Some people kick; some people punch. Just remember to whack the guy right before the hawk, and let your health climb all the way up to the top before you do anything else. Just stand there for 15 seconds. kick the door down, and back all the way off to the right. You'll take a couple of hits, but only a couple.

Then, time your attacks. High kicks (and punches) take longer to execute, so you will have to hit the button just a tiny, tiny bit earlier than you would the middle or low strikes. Also, run to your woman; don't walk.

Captain Goodnight is another game worth mentioning. There are several games which would translate over, very very well, to either PC or console. CG is one of those games.

3. Blog Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Everyone knows that? Aww... makes me feel bad. :wail:

Has anyone played Floppy? I made so many cool custom levels...

How about Black Magic? It's RPG-like, because it's an adventure game. You play as a mage with bow and arrows. You eat food to gain health, shoot baddies, gain experience, cast spells, and collect these "eye" things which is the point of the game. One of my favorites waaay back then.

A lot of you mentioned Lode Runner... what level did you get up to? How MANY levels are in that game anyways??? I recall getting up to around level 101 and then the monitor got so hot I had to turn it off for a while... and during that time, someone thought I forgot to turn off the computer - and turned off my game! Nooooooooooooo! :sosad:

4. Charlie Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

This will require some trial and error. Go to fight stance and slowly inch yourself towards the gate. Kick (high IIRC). Gate falls. Quickly go to run mode and RUN!!!! :D

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.