1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Arcanum

Discussion in 'Playground' started by gollum, Dec 15, 2001.

1. gollum Banned

2. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
  3. gollum Banned

Thanks what do you play as good or evil and do you use magick or tec?

4. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

[​IMG] I have fallen deeply in love with beautiful Arcanum!!!

For the last couple days, I have experienced one of the most excellent games I have ever played.

To answer your question (or blunt statement, I guess): I always pump my guy up with melee and strength, dexterity, never mess around with techno or magic. Game is simpler, although less fun, that way.

5. Rhythm Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Veteran

Well, I think thieving skills are pretty useful in the game. But for the choice between magick and tech, I'd choose magic.

Why? Because magick rocks. Period. Oh, and the teleportation spell is extremely useful.
    But this doesn't mean you shouldn't play with a techie. Nice gaming as well.

As for the good/evil choice, you can choose whichever you want. The game presents equal opportunity for both extremes.

6. gollum Banned

Can you explain the hole apperence master expert thing??

7. Tasohan Gems: 10/31

Have you ever played the might and magic games?

It works exactly like that (the Expert and Master thing)

8. gollum Banned

[​IMG] No I have not played the might and magic games. After I become an apperentance I build up melee up every level but it say apperentance still when its more than 1/2 red?

9. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    You have to have someone train you to become an Apprentice, Expert or Master, and they won't train you unless your skill is high enough (the red line is long enough).

As to your other question, my character ended up a Master of Melee, Dodge and Bow with a 22 Dex and 100% Magic Aptitude.

[This message has been edited by Blackthorne TA (edited December 16, 2001).]

10. Xaelifer Gems: 10/31

[​IMG]
    Have any of you ever used the WorldEd feature? I am having problems accessing the MapList.mes file, as when I save a mod, there is no directory in the modules folder, merely a .DAT file

11. Extremist Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Xaelifer, you need newest patch. Read all about it on the page you're downloading that patch from.

12. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Alright, I give up. I need help.

After many times trying, I can't beat the game by the peaceful solution. Even with a 20 in persuasion, and the master status, whatever I say to him leads to a fight.

I dislike asking people for solutions but I'm beat. To anybody who succeded, know which conversation threads you used and what were your stats then?

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited December 16, 2001).]

13. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

I'm not too sure, for I haven't got that far (I stopped playing the game for a while), but I would imagine that you would need a high charisma or intelligence.

14. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Wait a minute, did I say 20 in persuasion? I meant 20 in charisma. I also have a 20 in intelligence as well as beauty. All talk no action kind of guy.

15. Wildfire Gems: 23/31
    Latest gem: Black Opal

Veteran

20 in Charisma, Beauty and Intelligence, as well as master in persuasion? Wow, did you use your character poinst in anything but stats? ;) :p

Hmm.. I have no idea, as I said, I haven't got that far. Best wait for someone like Extremist who knows the game well to see this.

[Edit] Rhythm (In regard to your comment below): LOL! :lol: [/Edit]

[This message has been edited by Wildfire (edited December 20, 2001).]

16. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Yep, he's the epitome of a charming, handsome and intelligent character. That means he's a wussy and can't even hold a sword right. ;)

17. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Who are you talking about here? I don't understand - "you can't beat the game". The game contains number of possible enemies to deal peacefully.

18. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

Whoops, sorry, my mistake. I forgot to mention who I was talking to. I meant the end-boss (what's his name again?). You know, you can either fight him or talk your way out of it.

[This message has been edited by Rhythm (edited December 21, 2001).]

19. Extremist Gems: 31/31

Not exactly.

At the end you must choose to join Arronax or that other "life hating" guy (*shrug* I forgot his name)...
    You can't avoid the last battle. You simply can't. Either you fight first one or the other one.

Who told you that there is a peaceful solution anyway?

20. Rhythm Gems: 11/31

Veteran

WHAT?! My friend told me he won with the peaceful solution (though he wouldn't tell me how). Are you sure about that Ex? There is a conversation thread to try and persuade him. My 'friend' said if you manage to persuade him, he'll let you use the Vendrigoth device on him. If it makes a difference, Arronax joined me.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.