1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Assassin party!

Discussion in 'BG2: Shadows of Amn (Classic)' started by Tancred Dragonslayer, Mar 17, 2002.

1. Tancred Dragonslayer Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

[​IMG] Hey guys and gals
    After reading this months White Dwarf (Games Workshop references here) i read a story about a group of skaven assassins hunting through the streets, and i thought to myself: wouldn't an assassin party be cool in Baldur's Gate 2 !

So, does anyone have any ideas about how i should do this, whether or not i should take just assassins of also the other kinds of thieves ?

I like the idea of this, and will try it out, but i know it could be difficult, having no clerics or mages, but maybe I could try multi-classed characters?

2. Deathmaster Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

With shadow keeper make the following multiclasses.

Assassin/Fighter
    Assassin/Mage
    Assassin/Cleric
    Assassin/fighter/Mage

3. Faragon Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Veteran

Be sure to let those mages have invisibility 10 radius, for midbattle hiding, then backstabbing again. Will save you a lot of pots :)

4. Lord Sarevok Guest

Instead of using SK just duel class Assassins at the appropriate levels. More of a challenge, and "legit".

The Assassin/Fighter should specialize in stealth, as unlike the mage varient he can't simply cast invisiblity on himself. The Cleric should probably specialize in trap detection(he is a cleric after all, he's there to help people ;)) and the mage in picking locks. I would have at least one strait class Assassin though, who can specialize in the abilities that they cannot.

So that's 4 people, more than enough to finish the game with, or you could bring along some NPCs with you. Have fun.

5. Israfel Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Don't forget that clerics can Find Traps (Level 2 spell), and mages can unlock everything (Knock, level 2 spell). Monks, too, can find traps and hide in shadows, so you might consider them "assassins" (Quivering Palm comes to mind).
    But what I really wanted to remind is that you can avoid putting points in Open Locks OR Find Traps. I said "or", because one of the two skills is used to REMOVE traps, which no class but thieves can do.

6. Lord Sarevok Guest

Well, find/disarm traps is one skill so I don't see any reason to use "Detect Traps". If you can't even find a trap there is little chance you will disarm it. And you're forgeting that dandy little amount of experience you get from both traps and locks, which you won't get if you use Knock to disarm it. Actually, the only use I found for that spell was when my Assassin/Mage was dual classing.

7. Ebany Gems: 1/31
    Latest gem: Turquoise

I've found mages dualclassed to thives quite useful, using the level 6 mage spell "Mislead", hide the "clone" and backstab people until you grow tired of it :)

8. Gonzago Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

True, LS, but I've discovered that even if someone else finds the trap (via spell) that the thief can't disarm it...that is, unless he himself has found it.

That's one of the things that bothers me about playing this game more than once...whether you find them or not, we know where all the traps are. Or should know, at any rate.

9. Not nessicarily Gonzago, Im on my third time through BGII with a thief as my main char. and im still suprised when I accidentally trip a trap, its because i dont take the time to memorize where the trap is. Most of them i know the general area of, but again, i dont know the exact spot of all of them.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.