1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Astral Travel, Cheap!

Discussion in 'Booktalk' started by Taluntain, Dec 18, 2003.

1. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    [​IMG] This is too funny not to share with the class... Though it could also fit in Whatnots, I'll post it here.

Well, I happened to check the stats for books sold via SP at Amazon.com and noticed that someone ordered a book called How to Travel to Other Dimensions (not listed anywhere on SP).

Here's a bit of the book description text off Amazon:

About the Author

DragonStar is one of the top rated prophets and psychics of our era -- he is related to a secret society that dates back to the legendary Atlantis. His study courses have been taken by hundreds of individuals who have learned to enhance their powers through his techniques. His spell work is highly regarded. DragonStar is the author of NEW MAGICK HANDBOOK, CANDLE MAGICK DIVINATION and ENHANCE YOUR PARANORMAL POWERS.

Book Description

NOW YOU CAN LEARN TO JOURNEY TO FAR OFF TIMES AND FAR OFF PLACES. . .
    Visit other dimensions...including the seven planes of the Astral World. . .

There is no reason to be tied down to this place and time best described as the "material world," the lowest of all astral planes. Mystics have long known that there are many worlds on which life thrives, many of them a lot more beautiful and blissful than our own.

Travel with DragonStar -- today's reigning master of a clan of magicians who have practiced in secret since the time of Atlantis -- and co-author S.Panchadasi as they show you how to break the chains that confine us to this three-dimensional world.

DISCOVER FOR YOURSELF. . .

* The secrets of Time Travel.

* Becoming one with The Light of the universe.

* The reality of other dimensions and planes.

* What you will find on the seven planes of existence.

* Traveling in an out of your body at will.

* Entering the region of the disembodied and the sacred resting place of the soul.

In this important volume, YOU will learn to contact the great spiritual teachers and planetary guardians who surround and protect us all.

---

Now you pretty much get the idea what kind of book we're dealing with here. The funny part is yet to come though. Check Amazon's book-related suggestions:

Customers interested in How to Travel to Other Dimensions may also be interested in:

Travel Directory
    Find cheap travel, ticketing, cars, flights, hotels, cruises, etc.
    FoolFind.com

Travel on a Budget
    Leading online travel site. Save on business & leisure trips. Aff.
    orbitz.com

I was literally choking with laughter... :D

2. Spellbound

Spellbound Fleur de Mystique Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

ROTFLMAO!! Hehe...Foolfind.com! :lol:

3. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

Apparrently the second half of the book was written by an S. Panchadasi just after the turn of the 20th century, and differs greatly from that written by the modern author.

Well, I would be very careful buying a book such as this, as the man seems to lay claim to more than he actually writes of, and I am dumbfounded by how people who make such claims could write such a commercial book anyway (or call themself DragonStar).

The Atlantis thing is highly doubtful. I sincerely doubt a direct lineage could be be in existence, especially of someone who writes such things.

OK, anyone could show you some of the basic exercises, but not all of the things he talks about are achieveable to everyone immediately. What S. Panchadasi previously wrote (and this author included) may be of some worth, but according to the reviews the author himself doesn't elaborate any, and I would not be surprised were he a charlatan.

By the way, the Astral plane is the closest to the material, it is one plane, the others are not part of the Astral plane but others alltogether as the Astral is to ours. Also, it is immpossible to fully exist on any of the top three without dying, or seperating the body to an extent that you do die, and even then, you can't just go anywhere you please, and it takes time.

Anyway, it could have worth, but I doubt it is the best place to find such information.

4. joacqin

joacqin Confused Jerk Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    Heh, it almost sounds as you were the one buying it Manus. If so you better beware so the boogie man dont catch you! ;) :p

5. Manus Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I have no idea what you mean joacqin, I just followed the link Tal provided is all.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.