1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Athelmaun's Obsession OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Mar 27, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Year: 1276 DR (5 years before the happenings of the Original IWD, 82 years before the Time of Troubles and I think 21 years before Drizzt makes it to the surface).

Month: Kythorn (June)

Circumstance: a powerful wizard, the famed transmuter Athelmaun Calaudael, exiled from Dambrath, has disappeared from sight and contact for close to the last 50 years. It is now known why, Athelmaun has reached the heights of lichdom. Over the last several months, Athelmaun has been scouring the countryside of the North searching for... something. It would appear that even the Arcane Brotherhood has no idea what the lich is searching for, though it is also possible at the Arcane Brotherhood simply doesn't care about lich as long as it doesn't threaten their position (they may even be hoping that the lich disrupts Neverwinter or Waterdeep's economy).

An army of undead as been steadily growing around Athelmaun, aside from the common skeletons Athelmaun raises for his own needs, a large quantity of free-willed undead have been drawn to his power in hopes of more easily sating their hatred. It is these free-willed undead that have been causing the most destruction, for reports say the lich is so singularily driven that he pays little attention to anything not related to what he is seeking. Regardless of the lich's intentions, many of the local nobles, and government officals have put out a call for seasoned adventurers to destroy the lich in hopes that will the lich's destruction, the undead following him will return to the less harmful, more disorganized existance before hand. Some of the rangers employed by the regional governments speak of a Iron Golem that is ever close to Athelmaun that likely houses the lich's phylactery. Athelmaun was last reported near Waterdeep heading noth, moving slowly, as it was an army living off the land through pillaging the local populous.

Rules:

1.No manipulation of another's PC character unless you have permission from that PC's creator or in special situations, myself. NPCs, unless otherwise noted can be controlled by anyone, however this does not give your PC permission to go on a rampage and kill off NPCs just because you can control them. Most NPCs should have the way they interact described to help figure out how an NPC you haven't created acts.

2.Good Manners are a must, we're here to have fun. That means no fighting, unless it's part of the RP.

3. No PC with an ECL lower then level 8 and no higher then an ECL of 16. We are to represent seasoned enough adventurers where hunting a lich isn't beyond possibility, but at the same time we're not adventurers who are borderline Epic or full fledged Epic, as those characters are rare and aren't likely to make up a significant percent of the adventuring population who answered this call. NPC's have no level restrictions so long as they are legal characters. The NPCs represent exceptional adventurers, powerful leaders and/or characters with extensive resources.

4. No limit to the number of characters you can control (please no one make me regret this by creating a horde of characters). Since these are seasoned adventurers, those that they want to work with or do work with is likely already established. In many cases, adventurers would only except to come with an existing adventuring/mercenary company, as for most adventurers, taking on an epic level Lich Transmuter is a feat a little bit beyond them.

More specific information regarding character creation and NPC creation will likely be put in the threads dedicated to them. I'll try to get a list of deities and regions up with the Character Thread.

Post any suggestions regarding the RP's ground work in here. Get those ideas out before the RP gets in motion.

[ May 10, 2006, 23:15: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

If anyone has questions about regions, ethnicities, feats or anything else you don't understand that gets stuck up in a thread, I'll be happy to answer any questions, assuming I know the answer myself.

3. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

I don't know alot about feats so don't expect Jex to be to detailed. Everything else I know how to do though. My only question is that if Jex is a half drow who was raised on the surface should I worry about the penalties and additions to his abilities like Strength, Dex and Int?

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

[ May 10, 2006, 22:50: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Patron Deity: No PC or NPC is required to have a patron deity (unless they are a Cleric, I don't care what the handbook says), but it is strongly recommended, unless having a deity violates you're PC's personality. Myrkul is an evil god and anyone who is without a deity can only be brought back to life with the spells Miracle or Wish (Mykul does not grant the 1d10 days in which the godless PC can be raised, resurrected or reincarnated, if I am wrong about this correct me, but I'm 99% that Kelemvor's LN status has allowed for this waiting period)

Having a patron deity does not prevent one from following other gods as well.

If someone with the Faiths and Pantheons book (or whatever is needed) could figure out Bane pre-Time of Troubles, Leira, Myrkul, Bhaal and Ibrandul for me that would be great, also if they could check up to make sure the Sharess I put up is consistant with the Pre-Time of Troubles Sharess.

Also is Mask's standing with intrigue portfolio? Does he become an intermediate god? Does Shar become in intermediate goddess without caverns and dungeons of the Underdark in her portfolio?

Deities:

(G): Greater Power
    (I): Intermediate Power
    (L): Lesser Power
    (D): Demi-God

Akadi (G) N elemental air, movement, speed flying creatures
    Auril (L) NE cold, winter
    Azuth (L) LN wizards, mages, spellcasters in general
    Beshaba (I) CE random mischief, misfortune, bad luck, accidents
    Chauntea (G) NG agriculture, farmers, gardeners,summer
    Deneir (L) NG glyphs, images, literature, scribes, cartography
    Eldath (L) NG quiet places, springs, pools, peace, waterfalls
    Garagos (D) CN war, skill-at-arms, destruction, plunder
    Gargauth (D) LE betrayal, cruelty, political corruption, powerbrokers
    Gond (I) N artifice, craft, construction, smithwork
    Grumbar (G) N elemental earth, solidiarity, changlessness, oaths
    Gwaeron Windstrom (D) NG tracking, rangers of the North
    Helm (I) LN guardians, protectors, protection
    Hoar (D) LN revenge, retribution, poetic justice
    Ilmater (I) LG endurance, suffering, martyrdom, perseverance
    Istishia (G) N elemental water, purification, wetness
    Jergal (D) LN fatalism, proper burial, guardian of tombs
    Kossuth (G) N elemental fire, purification through fire
    Lathandar (G) NG spring, dawn, birth, youth, vitality, athletics
    Lliira (L) CG joy, happiness, dance, festivals, freedom, liberty
    Loviatar (L) LE pain, hurt, agony, torment, suffering, torture
    Lurue (D) CG talking beasts, intelligent nonhumanoid creatures
    Malar (L) CE hunters, stalking, bloodlust, evil lycanthropes
    Mask () NE theives, thievery, shadows, intrigue
    Mielikki (I) NG forests, forest creatures, rangers, dryads, autumn
    Milil (L) NG peotry, song, eloquence
    Mystra (G) LN magic, spells, the weave
    Nobanion (D) LG royalty, lions and felines, good beasts
    Oghma (G) N knowledge, invention, inspirations, bards
    Red Knight (D) LN strategy, planning, tactics
    Savras (D) LN divination, fate, truth
    Selûne (I) CG moon, stars, navigation, prophecy, questers, good and neutral lycanthropes
    Shar () NE dark, night, loss, forgetfulness, unrevealed secrets
    Sharess (D) CG hedonism, sensual fulfillment, festhalls, cats
    Shaundakul (L) CN travel, exploration, caravans, portals
    Shiallia (D) NG woodland glades, woodland fertility, the High Forest, Neverwinter Wood
    Siamorphe (D) LN nobles, rightful rule of the nobility, human royalty
    Silvanus (G) N wild nature, druids
    Sune (G) CG beauty, love, passion
    Talona (L) CE disease, poison
    Talos (G) CE stroms, destruction, rebellion, conflagrations, earthquakes, vortices
    Tempus (G) CN war, battles, warriors
    Tiamat (L) LE evil dragons, evil reptiles, greed, Chessenta
    Torm (L) LG duty, loyalty, obedience, paladins
    Tymora (I) CG good fortune, skill, victory, adventurers
    Tyr (G) LE justice
    Ubtao (G) N creation, jungles, Chult, Chultans, dinosaurs
    Umberlee (I) CE oceans, currents, waves, sea winds
    Uthgar (L) CN the Uthgart barbarian tribes, physical strength
    Valkur (D) CG sailors, favorable winds, naval combat
    Velsharoon (D) NE necromancy, necromancers, evil liches, undeath
    Waukeen (L) N trade, money, wealth

Mulhorandi:
    Anhur (L) CG war, conflict, physical prowlness, thunder, rain
    Geb (L) N the earth, miners, mines, mineral resources
    Hathor (L) NG motherhood, folk music, dance, the moon, fate
    Horus-Re (G) LG the sun, vengeance, rulership, kings, life
    Isis (I) NG weather, rivers, agriculture, love, marriage, good magic
    Nephthys (I) CG wealth, trade, protecttor of children and the dead
    Osiris (I) LG vegetation, death, the dead, justice, harvest
    Sebek (D) NE river hazards, crocodiles, werecrocodiles, wetlands
    Set (I) LE the desert, destruction, drought, night, rot, snakes, hate, betrayal, evil magic, ambition, poison, murder
    Thoth (I) N neutral magic, scribes, knowledge, invention, secrets

Drow:
    Eilistraee (L) CG song, beauty, dance, swordwork, hunting, moonlight
    Ghaunadaur (L) CE oozes, slimes, jellies, outcasts, ropers, rebels
    Kiaransalee (D) CE undead, vengence
    Lolth (I) CE spiders, darkness, chaos, assassins, drow
    Selvertarm (D) CE drow warriors
    Vhaeraun (L) CE thievery, drow males, evil activity on the surface

Dwarf:
    Abbathor (I) NE greed
    Berronar Truesilver (I) LG saftey, honestly, home, healing, the dwarven family, records, marriage, faithfulness, loyalty, oaths
    Clangeddin Silverbeard (I) LG battle, war, valor, bravery, honor in battle
    Dugmaren Brightmantle (L) CG scholarship, invention, discovery
    Dumathoin (I) N buried wealth, ores, gems, mining, exploration, shield dwarves, guardians of the dead
    Gorm Gulthyn (L) LG guardian of all dwarves, defense, watchfulness
    Helga Brightaxe (D) CG luck in battle, joy of battle, dwarven fighters
    Marthammor Duin (L) NG guides, explorers, expatriates, travelers, lightening
    Moradin (G) LG dwarves, creation, smithing, protection, metalcraft, stonework
    Sharindlar (I) CG healing, mercy, romantic love, fertility, dancing, courtship, the moon
    Thard Harr (L) wild dwarves, jungle survival, hunting
    Vergadain (I) N wealth, luck, chance,nonevil thieves, suspicion, trickery, negotiation, sly cleverness

Deurgar (part of the dwarf pantheon):
    Deep Duerra (D) LE psionics, conquest, expansion
    Laduguer (I) LE magic weapon creation, artisans, magic, gray dwarves

Elf:

Aerdrie Faenya (I) CG air, weather, avians, rain, fertility, avariels
    Angharradh (G) CG spring, fertility, planting, birth, defense, wisdom
    Corellon Larethian (G) magic, music, arts, crafts, war, the elven race, poetry, bards, warriors
    Deep Sashelas (I) CG oceans, sea elves, creation, knowledge
    Erevan Ilesere (I) CN mischief, change, rouges
    Fenmarel Mestarine (L) CN feral elves, outcasts, scapegoats, isolation
    Hanali Celanil (I) CG love, romance, beauty, enchantments, magic item artistry, fine arts, artists
    Labelas Enoreth (I) CG time, longevity, the moment of choice, history
    Rillifane Rallathil (I) CG woodlands, nautre, wild elves, druids
    Sehanine Moonbow (I) CG mysticism, dreams, death, journeys, transcendence, the moon, the stars, the heavens, moon elves
    Shevarash (D) CN hatred of the drow, vengence, crusades, loss
    Solonor Thelandira (I) CG archery, hunting, wilderness survival

Gnome:
    Baervan Wildwanderer (I) NG illusions, deception, traps, wards
    Baravar Cloakshadow (L) NG forests, travel,nature
    Callarduran Smoothahnds (I) N stone, the Underdark, mining, the svirfneblin
    Flandal Steelskin (I) NG mining, physical fitness, smithing, metalworking
    Gaerdal Ironhand (L) LG vigilance, combat, martial defense
    Garl Glittergold (G) LG protection, humor, trickery, gem cutting, gnomes
    Segojan Earthcaller (I) NG earth, nature, the dead
    Urdlen (I) CE greed, bloodlust, hatred, uncontrolled impulse, spriggans

Halfling:
    Arvoreen (I) LG defense, war, vigilance, halfling warriors, duty
    Brandobaris (L) N stealth, thievery, adventuring, halfling rouges
    Cyrrollalee (I) LG friendship, trust, the hearth. hospitality, crafts
    Sheela Peryroyl (I) N nature, agriculture, weather, song, dance, beauty, romantic love
    Urogalan (D) LN earth, death, protection of the dead
    Yondalla (G) LG protection, bounty, halflings, children, security, leadership, wisdom, creation, family, tradition

Orc:
    Bahgtru (L) CE loyalty, stupidity, brute strength
    Gruumsh (G) CE orcs, conquest, survival, strength, territory
    Ilneval NE war combat, overwhelming numbers, strategy
    Luthic (L) NE caves, female orcs, home, wisdom, fertility, healing, servitude
    Shargaas (L) CE night, thieves, stealth, darkness, Underdark
    Yurtrus (L) NE death, disease

Ilneval is an lesser deity, but I can't put ( next to his name without upsetting things.

[ March 30, 2006, 07:27: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

[ May 10, 2006, 22:51: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Regions:

If anyone needs further help then what's provided, PM me, I've the FR Campaign Setting and Player's Guide to Faerun. So long as it's not not something exclusively covered in the Unapproachable East or the Shining South, I should be able to provide Information.

Listed regions are generally "Human" regions. There are also generally dwarven, elven, gnomish, halfling, planetouched, orc/half-orc, half-elf and "other" regions.

Use these regions for "Knowledge (Local)".

Bonus languages replace race's existing bonus languages unless race's culture exists with some autonomy from cultural region, those creatures retain some if not all of their natural bonus languages, plus the bonus languages of their region. I.e. yuan-ti.

ALL PCs automatically know Common, even if it isn't a auto language or a bonus language for them.

Regions:

Aglarond Auto Languages-Aglarondan Bonus Languages-Chessentan, Damaran, Draconic, Elven, Mulhorandi, Orc, Sylvan, Untheric

Altumbel* Auto-Aglarondan Bonus-Aquan, Chondathan, Chessentan, Rashemi, Serusan, Utheric

Amn Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Alzhedo, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Nexalan, Orc, Shaaran

Anauroch Auto-Midani Bonus-Chondathan, Damaran, Draconic, Gnoll, Netherese, Orc

Calimshan Auto-ALzhedo Bonus-Auran, Chondathan, Chultan, Draconic, Ignan, Shaaran, Tashalan

Chessenta Auto-Chessentan Bonus-Aglarondan, Chondathan, Draconic, Mulhorandi, Turmic, Untheric

Chult Auto-Chultan Bonus-Alzhedo, Draconic, Dwarven, Goblin, Shaaran, Sylvan, Tashalan

Cromyr Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Damaran, Elven, Gnome, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, Turmic

The Dale Lands Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Damaran, Elven, Giant, Gnome, Orc, Sylvan

Damara Auto-Damaran Bonus-Chondathan, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Uluik

Dambrath Auto-Dambrathan Bonus-Dwarven, Elven, Halfling, Halruaan, Gnoll, Illuskan, Shaaran, Undercommon

The Dragon Coast Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Aglarondan, Chessentan, Damaran, Goblin, Halfling, Orc, Turmic

The Golden Water Auto-Durpari Bonus-Draconic, Dwarven, Giant, Halruaan, Halfling, Mulhorandi, Shaaran

The Great Dale Auto-Damaran Bonus-Giant, Goblin, Mulhorandi, Rashemi, Sylvan

The Great Glacier Auto-Uluik Bonus-Auran, Damaran, Dwarven, Elven, Giant

Halruaa Auto-Halruaan Bonus-Dambrathan, Elven, Goblin, Halfling, Shaaran, Tashalam

The Hordelands Auto-Tuigan Bonus-Damaran, Goblin, Mulhorandi, Rashemi, Shou

Impiltur Auto-Damaran Bonus-Aglarondan, Chessentan, Chondathan, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Mulhorandi, Turmic

The Lake of Steam Auto-Shaaran Bonus-Alzhedo, Chondathan, Dwarven, Goblin, Tashalan

Lapaliiya Auto-Tashalan Bonus-Alzhedo, Chultan, Gnoll, Halruaan, Shaaran, Yuan-ti

Lantan Auto-Lantanese Bonus-Alzhedo, Chondathan, Dwarven, Gnome, Ignan, Illuskan, Shaaran

The Moonsea Auto-Damaran Bonus-Chessentan, Chondathan, Draconic, Giant, Goblin, Orc

The Moonshae Isles Auto-Illuskan Bonus-Aquan, Chondathan, Elven, Giant, Orc, Sylvan

Mulhorand Auto-Mulhorandi Bonus-Algarondan, Chessentan, Draconic, Durpari, Goblin, Tuigan, Untheric

Narfell Auto-Damaran Bonus-Goblin, Orc, Rashemi, Tuigan, Uluik

The Nelandther Isles Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Alzhedo, Goblin, Illuskan, Lantanese, Orc, Shaaran

The North Auto-Illuskan Bonus-Chondathan, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Goblin, Orc

Rashemen Auto-Rashemi Bonus-Aglarondan, Damaran, Goblin, Mulhorandi, Tuigan

The Ride Auto-Damaran Bonus-Chondathan, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Rashemi

Sembia Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Chessentan, Damaran, Gnome, Halfling, Mulhorandi, Shaaran, Turmic

The Shaar Auto-Shaaran Bonus-Alzhedo, Dambrathan, Durpari, Dwarven, Gnoll, Halruaan, Tashalan, Untheric

Silverymoon*** Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Illuskan, Orc, Sylvan

The Sword Coast Auto-Illuskan Bonus-Chondathan, Dwarven, Giant, Halfling, Orc

Tashalar Auto-Tashalan Bonus-Alzhedo, Chultan, Draconic, Illuskan, Orc, Shaaran, Yuan-ti

Tethyr Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Alzhedo, Elven, Goblin, Lantanese, Orc

Thay Auto-Mulhorandi Bonus-Chessentan, Damaran, Gnoll, Infernal, Rashemi, Tuigan, Untheric

Thesk Auto-Damaran Bonus-Aglarondan, Chondathan, Giant, Gnoll, Mulhorandi, Orc, Rashemi, Shou, Tuigan

Turmish Auto-Turmic Bonus-Chessentan, Chondathan, Draconic, Dwarven, Ignan, Shaaran

Unther Auto-Untheric Bonus-Chessentan, Draconic, Mulhorandi, Orc, Shaaran

The Uthgart Tribes** Auto-Illuskan Bonus-Chondathan, Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Orc

Vaasa Auto-Damaran Bonus-Abyssal, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Uluik

The Vast Auto-Damaran Bonus-Aglarondan, Chondathan, Dwarven, Giant, Goblin, Orc, Rashemi

Vilhon Reach Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Chessentan, Damaran, Draconic, Elven, Shaaran, Turmic

Waterdeep Auto-Chondathan Bonus-Dwarven, Elven, Giant, Halfling, Illuskan, Orc

The Western Heartlands Auto-Chondathan, Tethyrian Bonus-Elven, Giant, Goblin, Illuskan, Midani, Orc, Turmic

The Wizard's Reach* Auto-Untheric Bonus-Aglarondan, Chessentan, Elven, Mulhorandi, Orc, Serusan

*Aglarond for the purposes of Knowledge (local)
    **The North for the purposes of Knowledge (local)
    ***Silver Marches for the purpose of Knowledge (local)

[ April 07, 2006, 00:46: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Nationalities (or sub-regions in uncivilized areas):

Scratched. I realize it will be too difficult to do what I intended here.

[ March 31, 2006, 08:25: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

[ May 10, 2006, 23:31: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Well I think it's finally time for this ship to set sail. I've eased up on certain aspects that will take far too much work in apply. I still need people to pick a region so they at least know what languages they speak. Since most of us where have played some FR video game that has dealt with some region in Faerun, I assume you at least know something about one of the regions I listed.

If anyone knows the location of a map that details at the very least the North of Faerun that would be great. I have a map of Faerun, but I assume that doesn't do any of you any good.

You can have any item up to +3 you deem appropriate, and can add extra abilities that count towards enchancement but doesn't actually provide enchancement (such as Bane or Iceburst) but not Vorpal, because Vorpal is lame (killing a 40 HD Red Dragon with a single critical hit is insanely stupid). I trust my fellow RPers have self controll and I won't see a +3 Holy, Unholy, Anarchic, Axiomatic Longsword of Brilliant Energy, Speed and Wounding (in otherwords Artifacts aren't starting weapons).

I will be starting my characters in Waterdeep, feel free to start your characters anyway you desire, though starting in Waterdeep or the Sword Coast North is probably the best place to start, unless you're more inclined to the idea of the lich comming to you.

The vampire trio of NPCs is off limits for the entirety of the RP becasue they don't act "normal". Ranstag, Maithae and Athelmaun are off limits at present.

You can start anywhere you'd like, but Luskan, Neverwinter or Waterdeep will place you closer to the action. Silverymoon will take some walking/riding, unless you're content to wait for things to come your way while you hunt in Trolls and the like in the Silver Marches. Same goes with Icewind Dale, though the Icewind Dale is a bit closer and Athelmaun will come your way faster.

[ April 07, 2006, 02:49: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

NPCs starting location

Ulgar, his werewolf pack and Anar are anywhere between the Evermoors, Waterdeep and Luskan being chaotic evil.

Elsa, Ty, Evendal are in Waterdeep seeking the adventurers to come to the aid of her grandfather.

Hrothgar is tracking Ulgar

Kalias, his followers and his cohort Brachaol are in Neverwinter

Urthog, his cohort Durreske, Thorag and the Darkaxe tribe are in the Rauvin Mountains doing what it is that orcs do.

Orion is returning to Waterdeep from the Evermoors battling trolls.

Athelmaun is near the Krypt Garden Forest and Sword Mountains.

Ranstag is close to Athelmaun's side.

Maithe is following Athelmaun's horde from a distance

Valric, Lovora and Melona's location is unknown

[ May 10, 2006, 22:49: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

12. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

First off here's a map of Faerun each section can be blown up.

The Family Der'am'toth are in Athkatla at the moment trying to find a boat to take them further north. The half-drow villain they are after was last seen in Luskan so they are trying to get there. At present they know nothing about Athelmaun, but once they do greed, fame etc will surely divert their attention.

I will be adding equipment to the family before posting so that Ilmater can approve or disapprove them before I start posting, and also so I can finish my RP off so people can start playing there as well.

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I'm trying to loosen up item limits, instead of saying you can't have this or that, I'd prefer allow you self impose a limit to your good. Whatever your character can logically afford. Something more starting a high level character with the DMHB, where you get X amount of money (X being determined by the RESPONSIBLE RPer) and spend it how you please. Of course you don't have to actually know the amount of money you have, but I assume most of us know that +5 armor, weapons, rings and amulets are very expensive (especially that weapon) and to gain access to powerful items generally means having less power items else where.

It's hard to give anal retentivity some times though (just like it's hard to give up outdated Fruedian words).

14. DarkStrider

It's ok the one generator I have has the real prices for items so I'm going to use that one for their shopping

15. DarkStrider

I've now added the characters weapons and armour having finished their shopping :) I don't think I've been too generous to them, I tried to make it as real as possible. Any problems just give me a shout and we'll talk about it. ;)

16. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Since the two disbanded adventuring parties, "the Light of Ruin" and "the Iron Wolves" have a pressence within the RP, I'll give a little back ground for the two of them.

The Light of Ruin consists of Elsa Lorrenvald (LE nephilim sorceress 14/outsider 2), Ulgar Wolfsblood (CE werewolf lord barbarian 12/animal 6), Arethir Maelis (LN yuan-ti pureblood sorcerer 5/fighter 5/monstrous humanoid 6), Arvanya (Hateblossum) (LE half-moon elf cleric of Bane 20), Anar Bloodyfist (CE Chondathan fighter 20), Tyler "Ty" Miller (NE Tethyrian rouge 14/fighter 6), Hashmen Jassar (CE tiefling rouge 10/assassin 9) and Azeral Blight's Eyes (CE Mulani necromancer 20). Arethir was lawful evil during the duration of the Light of Ruin.

The Light of Ruin is nothing short of infamous. Elsa would only except jobs from those in positions of privillage and because of the disposition of the party, ended up primarily working for evil aristocrats and tyrants. The Light of Ruin was well known for the high body count left in the wake of completed jobs which is typically credited to Ulgar, Anar, Hashmen and Azeral who took a particular pleasure in destruction and the taking of lives. The Light of Ruin, for a period of time, had a reputation for killing their employers due to Hashmen's preference for dealing with unexceptable pay through assassinating his employer. The Light of Ruin is infamous for the killing of several Harper figures, holy warriors in the service of non-lawful deities and the baelorn Taegol (Moonrose) who was seeking to destablize the power structure of Luskan. Most memorable however, was the group's final job which ultimately led to the disolution of the Light of Ruin. Hired by the Zhents of Llorkh, this event is remembered for the particularly brutal methods which where used to put down an uprising under the direction of the Dreadmaster Arvanya (Hateblossum) and committed by Ulgar, Anar, Hashmen and Azeral. Rumors (thanks in part to the Zhents) still circulate how it took days for those considered to be important figures of the rebellion to die from the diseases the necromancer Azeral, a fanatic devotee of Talona, inflicted upon them.

Elsa still retains Ty's services and maintains contact with Arethir. Arvanya is currently in service of the church of Bane operating out of Baldur's Gate; she now despises Elsa and Arethir (whom she formerly loved). Hashmen and Azeral are currently opporating out of Calimshan, who's climate and oppulent and underhanded upperclass is much to their liking. Ulgar and his blood brother Anar have left the mercenary circle in order to better serve Malar and Talos. Ulgar has sworn a blood oath to kill Arethir and Arethir has sworn like wise for Ulgar.

The Iron Wolves consist of Læfur Volardsen (CG Illuskan barbarian 17), Arethir Maelis (LN yuan-ti pureblood sorcerer 5/figher 5/monstrous humanoid 6), Aurora Heavenlight (LG nephilim paladin 14/outsider 2), Hestithe (Amberpetal) (N wood elf druid 21), Phaera Illistrynn (NE drow enchantress 14) and Isabelle (Goldenlaurel) (NE half-sun elf rouge 16). Arethir was lawful evil during the duration of the Iron Wolves.

The Iron Wolves was a very short lived adventuring group, being not so much an actual adventuring group, but adventurers who came together under trying circumstances to deal with a problem at hand. The problem at hand being Golosauth, a mature adult green dragon who had taken to raiding Northern cities for food. After the defeat of Golosauth, the group quickly splintered for obvious reasons.

Aurora and Arethir let the Iron Wolves together, just as they came to the Iron Wolves together. Just recently, Aurora was able to redeem Arethir from his evil past disposition. Hestithe returned to her beloved grove in the High Forest where she is an arch druid. Læfur and Phaera currently reside in Icewind Dale, where Phaera is said to be plotting a return to the underdark, with the hopes of using Læfur's martial prowness to over throw her sister, a powerful cleric of Lolth and Matron of House Illistrynn. At the moment, Læfur and Phaera are said to have taken up arms again to deal with a clan of frost giants who have been raiding settlements in the Icewind Dale. As for Isabelle, little has been heard of her since the break up of the Iron Wolves, she hates Phaera with a passion and was extremely displeased to have seemingly lost Læfur to Phaera. That she cannot return to Evermeet, the land, that for reasons unknown to all but a few, was her birth land has not made her any more happy with her current situation. Some rumors however say she has extablished herself as a bandit "queen" operating out of Ardeep Forest south of Waterdeep.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.