1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Back Pain? Sex Should Cure It

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by Aldeth the Foppish Idiot, Oct 13, 2005.

1. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Aldeth the Foppish Idiot Armed with My Mallet O' Thinking Veteran

Media:
    I wish I was kidding with this one, but evidently a doctor convinved his patient that he could cure her chronic back pain if she had sex with him. Evidently, his treatments were quite frequent, as he billed her medical insurance for $5,000 worth of these 45-minute sessions. She is now suing the ex-doctor (he's been stripped - no pun intened - of his medical license) for $4 million.

One hot topic in the U.S. recently has been frivolous law suits, especially concerning the medical industry. I would say this suit qualifies as a frivolous law suit. Anyone who is dumb enough to believe a doctor can cure something - anything - by having sex with his patient is deserving of no monetary reward. That having been said, I think he has deservedly lost his license, and is going to have to face criminal charges.

You can read the whole thing here:

Doctor's Revolutionary New Cure

2. Colthrun

Colthrun Walk first in the forest and last in the bog Veteran

Boy, and I thought I had seen stupid people. The doctor is a bastard, true, but I feel obliged to congratulate him on this one. :thumb:

In all fairness, the woman should get the money she paid for "the sessions" back, as they didn't improve her back pain. Hey, it could have worked! Orgasms are among the most powerful muscle relaxants in nature. :dr love emoticon:

But nobody should ever get money for being a moron.

3. Barmy Army

Barmy Army Simple mind, simple pleasures... Adored Veteran

Media:
    I can't fault him :lol: .

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

I just hope these two don't have a baby. That poor kid would be walking into walls. :nuts:

And sex is only a temporary cure for back pain. Once you're done, it only hurts more.

5. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

If she was stupid enough to believe the doctor then she shouldn't get any money. How can one believe in such bull s.? This reminds me of a person who killed a cat in microwave oven (trying to make the cat dry) and was suprized that the cat died. And of course some morons gave her monetary reward cause the was nothing about cat's in the manual. In what kind of world we are living in?

6. chevalier

chevalier Knight of Everfull Chalice ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran

Media:
    Ermm... wasn't he just a desperate guy pulling a cheesy line on her to get sex? Did he really tell her, in his capacity as a doctor, that sex with him was a proper cure in the medical sense? Good thing he's lost the licence, anyway.

7. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Well, the article doesn't really say if he meant that sex in general would cure her back pain or specifically sex with him would. If it's the latter, it makes her even dumber than I originally thought.

8. chevalier

Media:
    I meant, perhaps he said sex was good for back pain as a cheap come on, not as medical advice, and then the woman misunderstood him?

9. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Impossible to tell that form the article as well. They give the age of the doctor as 47, but do not say how old the woman is. Perhaps she was young, and easily duped by his "professional" advice. However, they do refer to her as a woman indicating that she is at least 18.

From the remainder of the article, since it says he "convinced her", it implies that he was telling it to her as sound medical advice. I don't think it was a pickup line. All indications are that he said it seriously, and it's obvious that she thought he was serious when he said it.

10. chevalier

Media:
    She was 47, he was 50 IIRC.

11. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Old enough to know better then.

12. Undertaker Gems: 27/31
    Latest gem: Emerald

Let's just hope the curation was pleasant :D

13. The Kilted Crusader

The Kilted Crusader The Famous Last words "Hey guys, watch THIS!" Veteran

No-one is that stupid. It seems to me, that the woman obviously wanted to have sex with him and she is suing him because they fell out, or something similar.

14. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Kinda sounds like a planned tactic to me too - to get rich the easy way.

If she was *really* that stupid, well...that's mind-boggling. You'd need a whole new word, "stupid" doesn't suffice.

I wonder how the lawyer's gonna keep from cracking up in the courtroom.

15. NonSequitur Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Sadly, I must disagree. Some people are only distinguishable from a potted plant by the fact that they move around a bit more and aren't as pleasant to deal with.

That doctor's an unscrupulous SOB, and should really be up on criminal charges (I'm sure there's a decent case hinging on deceitfully-obtained consent somewhere in that), but the civil suit? Sure, there should be some compensation taken out of that doctor's hide, but $4m, ostensibly for being so stupid as to take that advice seriously?

Get real - you're old enough to know better, and a freakin' moron for believing him. Sooner or later, there's going to need to be insurance against other people's stupidity - although over here, it's partly covered by "public liability insurance". Although... I wonder if it could fall under "Act of God"... now, where's my lawyer?

16. Gnarfflinger

Gnarfflinger Wiseguy in Training

And here I thought I'd have to get married to get rid of my back troubles. O don't see female doctors telling me that line...

17. Late-Night Thinker Gems: 17/31
    Latest gem: Star Diopside

"Massaging me with that warm rod feels nice, but it keeps leaving wet spots on my back... And doctor, is the blindfold really necessary?"

18. Susipaisti

Susipaisti Maybe if I just sleep... Veteran

Nice...mmm, wet spots...(cough) I mean EWWW!

19. Aldeth the Foppish Idiot

Media:
    Yeah, we're talking really powerful stupid in this case.

I will say this. The doctor is already up on criminal charges - the article metions either assault or battery. I would also imagine he would be charged with insurance fraud. While I don't think that the woman deserves any money for this, I would say that the insurance company deserves to be reimbursed the $5,000 they paid for this ridiculous treatment. Granted, to the medical insurance industry $5,000 is small potatoes, but it doesn't seem right that the doctor should be able to profit from this scheme.

20. Carcaroth

Carcaroth I call on the priests, saints and dancin' girls ★ SPS Account Holder

Don't let Audrey II here you say that, she'll take extreme offense.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.