1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Benevolent innocent Israel accused of molesting confessions out of Pal. children

Discussion in 'Alley of Dangerous Angles' started by mordea, Aug 8, 2010.

1. mordea Banned

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/middleeast/2010/05/201053082239109343.html

What crap! And even if the Israeli interrogators do kiddy fiddle a little, what does it matter? Those Pals strap them up with bombs and send them running at armed tanks!

How does Israel respond to such ******** complaints of mistreatment?

Obviously no criminal investigation is necessary, as IDF soldiers are champions of truth and justice, stalwart defenders of the Land of God against Muslims invaders.

The Chosen People (TM) also have a perfectly fair justice system for handling these little stone throwing brown hook nosed savages.

Oh Israel, you are truly a shining beacon in that ******** called the Middle-East.

2. Merlanni

Merlanni Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    They deserve each other.

I am pro Israel but the way they do things makes me sick. Is it so hard just to accept your borders.

Not a 2 state but 3 state solution is best. Jerusalem must be made into a state on its own ruled by UN. That way all religions have access to it.

3. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    They tried the UN rule thing already, the UN botched it horribly.

I trust Al Jazeera to be about as reliable as Onion News Network, just not as funny. I'll believe this when they present the evidence to the UN Human Rights Council and the War Crimes Commission and those two accept it as genuine.

4. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Adored Veteran

Media:
    A quick Google shows that the leader of "Defence for Children International" is Rifat Odeh Kassis who is from the West Bank. His bio shows that he has been arrested by Israel several times and he seems to like to form organizations that have "Palestine" in the name. Of course good ole Al Jazeera calls it an "An international children's rights charity" :D:D:rolleyes:

5. mordea Banned

Why? Do you have any evidence that Al Jazeera is a untrustworthy source, or are you simply dismissing it simply because it is a non-Western news organisation?

I'm a fan of treating everything a news organisation says with skepticism, but your dismissive attitude towards anything from Al Jazeera alone does not seem reasonable. Especially given that you live in a country whose most popular news channels include 'CNN' and 'Faux News'.

Oh no, a Palestinian who is a political and human rights activist is the President of an international human rights organisation?! Oh the horror! Oh the horror!! Those brown, evil Palestinians are nothing but agitators and liars. Only upstanding, moral, truthful, *white* American or Israeli citizens are trustworthy enough to head international human rights organisations.

PFFTT, these *Arabs* run around stabbing each other in the heart with Korans, what right do they have to complain about human rights?

Because it is. For you to assume that it is not an international organisation simply because a Palestinian is president of it is completely and utterly retarded.

It seems like Zionists switch off the part of their brain needed for reasoned thought and critical analysis whenever Israel is put in the spotlight. Furthermore, they erect a solid wall that is impenetrable to any facts they don't like, especially from news sources which aren't rabidly pro-Israeli. How can you reason with such maniacs?

6. NOG (No Other Gods)

NOG (No Other Gods) Going to church doesn't make you a Christian

Media:
    Ragusa, Folke Bernadotte didn't come into things until the UN had already messed things up. And the League of Nations screwed things up before that. Of course, the whole area and issue was a mess even before that, but the international community (read: Europe) volunteered to stick it's nose into the region and ended up getting bitten. Specifically, they can probably be blamed (from certain perspectives) for starting both the Arab-Israeli War and the Six Day War (sparked over UN resolutions and propositions, but the powder keg was already there).

I'm not saying the UN is to blame for any of this, really, just that we've tried their rule and they didn't really do any better.

Mordea, Al Jazeera has earned a reputation of being the voice of Al Qaeda. It's also been repeatedly accused (by various nations in Europe and the Middle East) of stirring up conflicts in the Middle East. It's reports show consistent bias toward certain Muslim groups, which isn't surprising considering it's the state-owned media of Qatar. I'll trust their weather, but I expect anything else to further Qatar and it's interests.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  7. Ragusa

Ragusa Eternal Halfling Paladin Veteran

Media:
  8. Morgoth

Morgoth La lune ne garde aucune rancune Veteran

Media:
    About the Al-Jazeera thing, I watch them from time to time and so far I have found little fault with them. What I like about them is that they focus more on international news, bring it neutrally and don't waste time with non-news. Sure they might take a pro-Arab stance in Middle-Eastern affairs, but which news station doesn't? I mean, which news station doesn't have a biased stance on Middle Eastern affairs?

Last edited: Aug 9, 2010
  9. The Great Snook Gems: 31/31

Adored Veteran

Media:
    Sarcasm doesn't become you. All I do is point out the possibility that this guy and his organization may not be as altruistic as you would like them to be. I went to their website and it seems like at their international conference they spent a lot of time calling for investigations into Israel for all sorts of violations. Maybe you have to dig deeper on their website to see where they investigate about other things, but they didn't pop up as obvious to me.

I'll take allegations like this serious when they are leveled by the "Red Cross" or some other sort of credible source. Until then I just consider them the typical anti-semitic propaganda that I've grown used to seeing.

Then again, I'm just a Zionist maniac who only gets his news from rabidly pro-Israel newsites, and I commonly switch off my brain to prevent reasoned thought and critical analysis of all things that involve Israel, so what the hell do I know.

Splunge likes this.
  10. LKD Gems: 31/31

Veteran

An accusation is not a stone cold fact. This reminds me of the whole story about the Iraqi army killing babies in incubators when they moved into Kuwait. IIRC, the story turned out to be BS. This story is so sensational and lurid that I have a hard time buying it. I acknowledge that it might be true, but I'd put low, low odds on that.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.