1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Best Blackberry?

Discussion in 'Techno-Magic' started by Saber, Dec 26, 2009.

1. Saber

Saber A revolution without dancing is not worth having! Veteran

So, for Christmas I got a new phone - the Blackberry Storm 2. I didn't open the packaging, though, because I want to find out if it is a good phone (as I will be using it for the next 2 years), or if I should exchange it for a better blackberry. So far, reviews have it as a major improvement over the Storm, but I would like some more advice - is it worth it, or should I exchange it for a different one? And if so, which one?

Thanks mates.

Note: I like REAL QWERTY keyboards... the touchscreen ones always seem small and difficult to use. Is it easy to become adjusted to the Storm2's touchscreen?

2. Disciple of The Watch

Disciple of The Watch Preparing The Coming of The New Order Veteran

Depends on what you want/need. I have my eye on the 8350i, DC, email, fax/pager, superb sound quality...

The Tour is pretty good, or so I hear. I'm not sure if it has the bands for North American HSPA, though.

3. Kitrax

Kitrax Pantaloons are supposed to go where!?!?

Media:
    I've got the BB Storm...running the current OS, so it's almost like the Storm 2. I love it so much! The Storm 2 is a little sleeker than mine...but the screen has more than 1 physical button behind it, so it takes slightly more pressure to click the screen.

That being said, I love the whole click screen SOOOOOOOO much better than the vibrate feedback than many other phones use.
    You get to choose from 3 different keyboards to suit you. In portrait orientation, you get 2 options, and in landscape orientation, you get a full QWERTY keyboard. :love:

It takes a little time to get used to the Storm/Storm 2, but you'll love it. Trust me.

Also, don't forget to visit CrackBerry.com for all your BB needs. :thumb:

4. Disciple of The Watch

Well, look at that, looks like I'm out of a job selling the Crackberry Kool-Aid.

Good riddance.

5. Saber

:confused: What do you mean, DotW?

I went to the store today, tried out the keyboard on the Storm 2. While it isn't my favorite (the clicking is weird, you have to press hard to actually type), I can definitely get accustomed to it. I am opening the box now :bigeyes:

6. Disciple of The Watch

Usually, I would be the one praising Crackberries. However, I know someone who works at Telus, and she got an Android phone. I wasn't sold at first, but the more I play with Android, the more I actually like it.

So Kitrax will take care of the CrackBerry Kool-Aid.

*EDIT*...and regarding the Storm, I hear the Storm 3 is in the making. There's a slider prototype Storm 3 with a full physical QWERTY keyboard, and the keyboardless one, of course. Battery life and physical size are also improved (tremendously, appearantly) and reduced, respectively.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  7. Saber

Well, I hope they don't release it in the next two years or I will be pissed. I like physical keyboards... the Storm2 is difficult to get used to.

8. Disciple of The Watch

Oh, so I probably shouldn't say it's scheduled for Q3 2010... and I just don't see a slider with a physical keyboard happening.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.