1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beyond Divinity

Discussion in 'Playground' started by Nizidramanii'yt, May 6, 2004.

1. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Veteran

Anyone purchased it yet? What are your first impressions? I found the previews exciting, but the graphics don't seem to have improved a lot. I'm certainly going to buy it in time. Divine Divinity was enjoyable, if not intriguing. Wonder it this game succeeds to carry on this series.

2. Rednik Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

From the demo, it seemed dissapointing. The feeling that you uncoverered a sleeper gem is gone and it just seems bad. I think you'll have to wait for Divinity 2 to get a great game.

3. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

They make it their policy to state the game gets way better once you devote the proper time in it. I'm sure it does. But the problem is most people are allready playing BG2 or NWN over and over. It seems more like a sleeper gem like you said, but a distant one to most people.

4. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I'm sure it gets better as it moves along, but it just seemed like such a clunky effort from the demo, lacking the relative polish of Divine Divinity. Personally, I think they rushed this one for no reason.

Hey, maybe Divine Divinity 2 will be better. It's about 40% done.

5. david w Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

Anyone got the game then, not just the demo? I always enjoyed Divine Divinity and I've been waiting for this one for a while now.

6. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

Apparently no, but the fact no one answered doesn't mean no one bought it. Or maybe it does anyway... Neh. Someone will buy it eventually...

7. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Congrats on the new stone.

How much is it selling for? I still have a lot of loyalty, just because Divine Divinity was so great.

8. david w Gems: 19/31

In the UK it's a whopping £34.99. TOEE2 started off at the same price yet because of how bad it was and no wanted it, the price has since dropped to £9.99 (which is still more than it's worth IMHO). So I'm tempted to give the game a few months and see if the price takes a substantial tumble.

9. Rednik Gems: 21/31

ToEE2? Do you mean the first?

10. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

In Belgium it's 35 euros, much less I suppose. Still, I won't buy it until it drops.

ToEE is indeed a whopping 45 euros. Second hand it would be 17 or so. Might be worth the purchase. Think I'll buy it tomorrow, cause there prolly won't be a budget title for it, or would there?

11. Rednik Gems: 21/31

I'd take TOEE over Beyond Divinity, but that's just me talking. With TOEE, you expect dissapointment.

12. david w Gems: 19/31

Of course I meant TOEE. Not TOEE2. What *was* I thinking?

...heads off to have nightmares about a world where TOEE2 gets made instead of BG3...

13. Rednik Gems: 21/31

Meh, everyone makes mistakes. The designers of ToEE for example. I wouldn't mind an "Against the Giants" sequel if they made it though...

Back to Bey Div, has anyone noticed how much it has been patched?

14. Nizidramanii'yt Gems: 10/31

Veteran

I heard of the patch, yes. It much changed, I'd certainly be willing to buy it. We'll see.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.