1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Beyond Humanity - OoC

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Aikanaro, Apr 23, 2006.

1. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Here is the OOC thread for the Beyond Humanity game. This game has a specific focus, so know what it is before you join (not knowing will get you stabbed - very very stabbed).

Required reading is this thread here: http://www.sorcerers.net/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/11/332.html
    Specifically any posts that I've made, because they show what the point of the game is in detail.

To summarise: we are building a world through immersion. Forget all those world building sites that say 'come up with nations, political systems, and a map first' - we're building this from the bottom up, through roleplay.

Anything that's narrated in the RP thread should be considered canon unless challenged OOC (if it's lame or contradictory). If you have a really awesome idea that violates existing canon - propose it here before adding it in and if it's sufficiently awesome and everyone agrees, we can ignore what happened before and have this become the new canon

Keep in mind that this place needs to be very different from our norm - think outside the square and all that good stuff. This culture should be truely alien to us.

On the other hand, if it involves breaking the laws of physics, you should probably reconsider. This is mostly soft (social sciences) sci-fi, but it's better if it makes sense too. If you think what you're doing would break any scientific laws - be vague ;) We probably won't notice. (so, don't ask how they actually got the ship out to this planet, okay? :p )

Let's keep the first scene on the ship short - just as a character introduction (oh, and anyone I see giving stats to their characters wil die horribly :p ).

BTW, if you're looking for a high action game, look elsewhere. This ain't it. Don't try and make it one either...

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I was thinking of miner character with maybe a team. She is looking for exotic minerals. Things not found on earth or an earth-like planet. If that meets with your approval, she would be a degreed scientist specializing in mineralogy. Her team would all be experts. They would use robotic machinery for the grunt work.

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Not sure whether this goes against what you've stated about how we got here, but do you mind me using a pilot as a character?

Also, how many characters can we have?

4. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

Though I couldn't do an RP like this even if I wanted to, I'll be reading with great interest. :)

5. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

You don't need to ask me, It's not like I'm a GM or anything :p Have whatever pleases you - so long as it's not something that would be stupid and break the setting. (i.e. - no ninjas ... and preferably nothing military.)

A few reservations about the pilot mind you - not because it's bad, but because I'm not sure how much you can add with it. But I assume you can handle that, so go for what interests you :)

As many characters as you like.

6. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

*cough*

7. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Sorry Aikanaro. I really do mean to post. I'm working on my character. Will try to post today.

8. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

I'll just guess that we're taking this at a slow pace - which is fine (and probably a good thing...)

If anyone's feeling uncreative when it comes to throwing out new words, I have a random word generating program. Give me your email and I'll send it to you.

9. Daie d'Malkin

Anyone alive?

10. Daie d'Malkin

*Thread flatlines*

We abandoning this then?

11. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

lol - ummm... *ponders, looks at Nakia*

I'm not too opposed to throwing out a post, just not exactly inspired and was kinda hoping that Nakia would post instead :p

But it can be dredged back from the RPing abyss...

12. Nakia

Media:
    Sorry to not post but have been having some problems and this RP needs thought. We are creating our world rather than having it already created for us. Don't give up yet I'll try to come up with something by this evening (EDT).

13. Felinoid

Felinoid Who did the what now?

"The ship descended smoothly into what seemed like a bowel,..." :lol: Uh, Aik, bowels are your intestines; bowls are those round things you eat cereal out of.

14. Daie d'Malkin

Fel, maybe that's what he meant? :D

15. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

lmao - I *thought* that looked a bit funny :)

*goes to edit* :p

16. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

I want to join. Can I just dive right in?

[ July 05, 2006, 08:42: Message edited by: moulderingstump ]

17. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

By all means - it needs whatever help it can get...

18. moulderingstump Gems: 2/31
    Latest gem: Fire Agate

sweeeet. I will flesh out my character on the fly.

19. Aikanaro Gems: 31/31

Hmm - Daie, Nakia? Either of you around?

20. Daie d'Malkin

Yeah, just back now. Shall post in a moment

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.