1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

BG for console

Discussion in 'Playground' started by iLLusioN', Aug 6, 2003.

1. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31
    Latest gem: Shandon

i didnt really know where to put this so i tossed it in whatnots.

The question i was gonna ask is for those of you who have played BG for the consoles(PS2, Xbox, and Gamecube) Did you think that Drizzt was a little, i dont know, underpowered, they have him as a weakling in that game and to me, a MAJOR Drizzt fan, it pisses me off, i also think its pathetic that its a set line of quest that u have to do no matter what but(you have no choice as to which quests you take and which that you dont), that how BG 1 for PC was too. Am i the only one who thinks that their way of getting feats(points instead of levels)is stupid? Seriously i was lvl 4 and i had meteor swarm with the sorceress. Also am i the only one who thinks that the three classes that they have arent enough?i think its stupid to base the game on such a great series as the BG series, but only allow 3 classes, none of which that i would take had i the choice. I would really like some comments on this because i just bought the game like a week ago and ive damn-near beat it 2 times

2. Rastor Gems: 30/31
    Latest gem: King's Tears

Yet another reason why PCs are better for gaming than consoles. :cool: ;)

3. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

ya but the least that they could do is make an attempt to remake the game or make it more similar

4. Duke Eltan Gems: 14/31
    Latest gem: Chrysoberyl

I´m a major BG fan on the PC.
    Bought a PS2 the other month and got myself BG DA because it said Baldurs Gate on the cover :)

Well, now I wonder why because the only thing that has anything to do with the BG saga is the fact that you´re in the city Baldurs Gate in the beginning.

I liked the game though.
    To bad it´s exactly the same every time.
    Why not let you create the caracters like on the PC?
    Why not make it bigger, I sat down after I bought it and was done in one play. Heck, I even started a new game with another class before I went to bed. And I started playing around 1800 or so...

Well, my hopes are up that BG DA2 will be ALOT better. Character creation, and hopefully some feats and skills like in IWD2. And even though it mixes up the rule systems I hope you´d still get points to raise on weapons like in BG1 and 2 :D

5. iLLusioN' Gems: 16/31

yes the weapon proficiencies would be nice. i dont think it would be so bad but i thought that the game was gonna be real cool and all. if they put the name Baldur's Gate on the front it should at least be decent for more than one run through.

6. Loerand

Loerand My heart holds no fear for death

My friend and I played co-op and finished the game in a loooong evening. That's not BG style at all!

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.