1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bleeding damage in TotL dungeon

Discussion in 'Icewind Dale (Classic)' started by kingsgambit, Dec 30, 2001.

1. kingsgambit Gems: 4/31
    Latest gem: Sunstone

Veteran

Okay...I'm doing the quest with the 5 portal gems, heaven, sky, etc. Now I have since solved that quest with the aid of a walkthrough...the riddles didn't help me much, and I wouldn't have figured out about the chest and alters to make the gems flawless.
    Anyway, before that, I tried matching the "flawed" gems to the runes, and obviously kept on getting it wrong, I got attacked by the giant harpy/chimera type enemies...I forget the name. I hasted my party who aren't too shabby at about level 12-14, and despatched them easily enough, but a couple of the party kept getting "bleeding" wounds losing h/p to "Bleeding damage". I tried healing which did nothing, cure disearse and poison, nothing, and even letting them die and "raise dead" (at which point they would fall straight back over again!
    Does anyone know what that's about, how it's inflicted, and any cures? Pretty pleeeease? :) Are there any weapons for PCs to use that do bleeding damage?

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm playing ToTL now, but didn't get to the dungeons yet...

As for the bleeding, I don't think anything can stop it. It's supposed to last a while and then stop on its own. I can remember only one weapon that does bleeding damage and that's Valygar's family katana in BG2. I don't remember encountering this anywhere else in BioWare/BIS games.

[Yea, sorry. It's Valygar's katana and Jhor the Bleeder. Those are the only two that do such type of damage.] -Tal

[This message has been edited by Taluntain (edited December 30, 2001).]

3. Blackthorne TA

Blackthorne TA Master in his Own Mind Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Media:
    It's been a while, but I don't recall any bleeding damage in TotLM. If I encountered it, it certainly wasn't severe enough to make me remember it, so it must have worn off after a short while.

I do remember bleeding damage in BG2 though. The bastard sword Jhor the Bleeder was one of my favorites, and wasn't it Valygar's katana not Yoshimo's? I'm not sure...

4. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

I can remember bleeding damage going on in ToTL once.

But since I was cheating like crazy, I can't give you any tips. I thought it was a bug because it kept popping up for quite a while, and that's on 60 updates/second. It eventually stopped I think; just before I was going to quit out to the desktop because I thought it was a bug.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.