1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going East

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Orianna nodded.

"I had snuck off, after seeing movement just beyond the fire light. Implusively I followed, but lost sight of whatever it was. I still cannot figure out how she spotted me, a ranger she maybe, but she still only has human eyes to see in the dark with and while I don't rival a theif with stealthy movement, I can do better then most at sneaking around. I don't know what she was exactly trying to accomplish, but she hit my leg instead of my body or face. I'm pretty sure how that... fish hook of hers works and I wasn't moving anywhere near fast enough for that to be effective... thank the gods.

A puzzled look came over Orianna's face.

"With how easily she spotted me in the natural darkness, I'm suprized as to how easily she lost me when I brought forth supernatural darkness, maybe she became careless or thought me immoble, but that wasn't terribly intelligent of her not to be watching the edge of the shadows being cast. Also the ice based spell I cast on her seemed to have an effect on her metabolism, more so then most..."

Orianna found herself being to laugh.

"There was a man in another world I knew, cruel and proud, but the must beautiful thing I've ever set eyes on. Had this ring he would kill over, said it was an heirloom, but it seemed like something more, it definately had magical properties. If you managed to take that ring from him while in a cold environment, they guy would just start to shut down, like a reptile... that cold spell's effect on Raven made me think of that for some reason."

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

While Soren caught nothing of their conversation, the bowed heads, hushed voices and frequent glances at their suspicious companion told him almost all he needed to know.

He led the group away, heading into the east. He pulled from a pouch at his waist a map, which Galla had given him before they left. It detailed the best route to take to find the tower, and one that led away from any potential Yuan ti nests. AT the foot of the map, a delicate hand had enscribed a message.

Remember, champion, that not all is as it seems.

'Apt words', he thought, casting a sideways glance at the ranger. 'Now if only I could work out what she was.'

He looked round at Kashim. Now there was someone who wasn't letting on all that he knew. With a shift of his head, the aasimar summoned the samurai to him.

"Kashim, what do you know about Raven. Don't give me any excuses, you know something, and the safety of the group, and your own life, depends on what you tell me."

3. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

?As you wish? respond Kashim, ?I did not wanted to provide you with the information that I know until I was sure of my accusation, but since you are leading then so be it?

Kashim haste his pace so that Soren had to catch up, and they could get some privacy.

?Soren, what I suspect is that Raven is not human at all, I believe that she is a Yuan-Ti, her weapon and behavior is true of show of that, but I must be certain of it, I hope that you understand this. But aside from that, what concerns' me the most is the wound that Raven cause on Orianna?s leg, that was no mistake, it was premeditated; it is actually a mark to recognize over all other, I do not know why the she choose Orianna, but we must be in ready?

Kashim then lowered his pace and looked at Orianna with a small smile, then look back at Soren waiting for his comment.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  4. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Valis quietly walked along side Raven. Even though he had fought along side Soren in the battle in the city the drow was getting bothered by the Paladin. But that was nothing new to the chaotic views of a drow elf. He'd seen pure evil in his own race, he'd also seen great good in the sacrifice his father made. No Paladin would ever change Valis's view of good and evil.

Whispering to Raven to not hurt anyones feelings Valis conversed with the strange woman. "I agree with you Raven, the beasts of this world do need someone to control them. I don't believe in remaining neutral through out it, but I don't see a problem in slaughtering a few orcs and ogres. As for Sorens idea of your killing of an ogre leading down an evil path. I don't agree with that. It's not like you killed a child. And compareing a Drow or a Teifling to a ogre is a fools notion."

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"I fear I make the paladin uncomfortable and I suspect the samurai is plotting against me... but I feel I can trust you Valis." whispered Raven, "I feel as though the paladin disagrees with my actions because he dislikes me."

A warm smile came over Raven's face.

"Your ancestory makes us more akin then you would think... whatever the paladin or the samurai tell you, remember what you are if you decide to believe that they say of me."

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Orianna was beginning to come aware of the division that was growing between certain group members. The division was not something she could intuite, as she had difficulties reading the subtleties of emotions, but her strength in analytical reasoning allowed her to reason out the meaning of actions certain group members where undertaking.

Orianna was not fully aware as to what Kashim and Soren disliked about Raven. Orianna herself had mixed feelings abour Raven, Orianna did not notice anything evil within Raven's actions and liked that Raven was willing to guide the group for at least part of the wilderness; Orianna disliked Raven's charisma and exotic beauty, leaving Orianna secretly disposed to desiring Raven's exit from the the group.

Orianna decided she would take neutral ground, she saw no reason for taking sides when she was not entirely clear of the moral "hue" of each side, there was no reason to pick a side now, only to betray it if she found it to be immoral to her own values.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Disliking the hostile silence that seemed to be swelling through the camp, Orianna decided it might be best if she pushed things along.

"Raven, how about you show us where this village of yours is."

Raven knodded and the group began to move into the east. If Raven's master was indeed an elf and a good one at that, he could likely clear up any situation as to what Raven was, thought Orianna, failing to have the insight that a good elf may have reasons for not telling the truth, even if the lie was for the right reason.

8. Maurolava

With the group walking towards Raven?s village, and Soren no commenting over Kashim accusations, Kashim decided to just walk forward until he reached Orianna, he made a small bow with his head while looking a her,

?Orianna, I?ve to apologize for my behavior, I don?t mean to cause any? shall we say ?problems to you or the group. I am just concern up to why Raven isn?t truly open with us?.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

"Well if there is anything off about her, I'm sure those in her village will know. Raven made an offhand reference to being apart from the townsfolk, rather odd for a ranger, but that distance might make the townsfolk less protective of her."

Orianna began to reflect inward for a moment.

"She may have a good reason to be hiding what she is... Tieflings like me aren't exactly forth coming with our bloodlines if we can disguise themselves as human... though I suppose there's a reason people fear us. Raven... she's rather exotic, like myself, maybe more then just human blood courses her viens."

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

The day dragged on and Orianna began to find her feet sore from the walking. It was the afternoon as Orianna began to see small houses up in the distance.

"We have come to my village.", said Raven, "I am sure the villagers will be most welcoming... to most of you at least."

11. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Right outside the village, a diminutive figure sits atop a large stone. As the party draws closer, it appears to be a young girl sitting on the stone. On the party's approach, the girl opens her eyes and looks glad to see the party. She quickly stood up and walked toward the party. She was petite and beautiful, with dark brown eyes, and dark, long hair which she lets down loosely. She wears a strange robe, a Hanfu with many intricate weavings on it. Other than her Jian, a beautifully crafted longsword which she holds by her side, she seems unarmed.

"Ni hao. My greetings, good people," said the girl, as she bows deeply.

"Perchance, are you heading to the city of Sunglow or know of its location? I fell through a portal in Sigil by accident and have ended up in this unfamiliar plane. When I was exploring my surroundings, I stumbled upon this village. I was told that to return to my homeland, I needed to travel to Sunglow and find the right portal there."

12. Maurolava

?Ni hao? Kashim responded quickly using a long bow, amazed to see a familiar voice in this estrange land.
    ?How did you end up in here? Which part of our native Kara-Tur are you from?

Kashim could not hide his excitement to see a familiar face, after the past events.

13. Faye

Media:
    "Ah, a most noble samurai, it is indeed a joy to my heart to see a fellow Kara-Turan. Forgive my manners, I am Fei-Xin of the Wang family. I hail from a province in the far east of Shou Lung," Fei-Xin exclaims gladly, bowing again towards the samurai.

"I was accompanying my mentor on a mission to protect delegates from my province in Sigil. On our journey back, we were ambushed by savage men that bark like dogs. Chaosmen, I believe they were called," she said bitterly.
    "They were not well-organised, but they were legion while we were few. In the confusion, I was separated from my mentor, cornered by three of these madmen in an alleyway. I held them off best I could, but one of them suddenly charged me and I lost my balance falling through a portal and ended up here."

[ March 17, 2006, 09:16: Message edited by: Faye ]

14. Maurolava

Kashim bows back at Fei-Xin ?Pardon my manners too, but I?m very pleased to see a familiar face. My name is Aki Masahiro, but you can call me Kashim, I find myself in the same predicament that you are on now; after a battle on my home, apparently I was teleported here under no apparent reason?

Kashim pause for a minute, directing Fei-Xin attention towards Soren, ?Fei, your are more than welcome to travel with me, but the leader of this group is not me, but our knight Soren and you should speak with him to continue?

15. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Orianna began to wander through the village, finding the small community of humans, moon elves and half-orcs idyllic. It her kind of village, a place where she thought she could be something more then an outcast. If half-orcs where welcome, that must mean the village was more concerned about the actions and deeds of an individual, instead of their blood line.

Orianna doubted that much more then one hundred people lived within this village, she assumed the village as supporting the maximum number, or close to that, of people it could support with it's limited crop land.

The houses themsevles where nestled close together in an attempt to offer increased protection it would seem. It was clearly a hard life that the villagers lived, but anything hard fought for was only the more worth keeping though Orianna.

16. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Valis wandered the villiage as well. Unlike Orianna he kept his face hidden under his hood. Sure they might except half orcs. But half orcs weren't drow.

17. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Jeurson was merry at the prospect of being able to cut some purses. He had to keep hie reputationof being a cut-purse, so he had to cut some purses. That was his logic so he was never guilty.

18. Faye

Media:
    "You have my gratitude, Masahiro-san."

Fei-Xin then turned towards the large knight.

"Sir Knight, I have already told you of my plight. Any assistance you can provide will be much appreciated. If you are heading towards Sunglow, mayhap I can accompany the party there? It is folly to travel in unfamiliar lands alone and more so after hearing rumors of Sunglow being under siege. Otherwise, pointing me to the right direction is sufficient. I must find my way back to my mentor regardless of the risks that I must take.”

19. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Soren gave her a courtly bow, and then shrugged apologetically, a most uncourtly expression.

"I am afraid, my lady, that we will not be returning to Sunglow for some time. We have a quest to complete, and shall not return until it is resolved. You are welcome to accompany us, if you wish. I would not recommend you strike out alone, for 'tis unsafe for a maiden to wander the lands alone, especially with yuan-ti, orcs and demons abroad."

20. Faye

Media:
    "Ah, what matters is that you have the intention of heading towards Sunglow in your travels. That is good enough for me. With a holy paladin and a noble samurai in the party, I can rest assured that the quest would be one on the path of righteousness. It would then be my honor to join your group. I assure you that I will not be a burden for I am well-trained in the arts of war,” says Fei-Xin, who looks noticeably relieved to have found companions.

[ March 20, 2006, 05:43: Message edited by: Faye ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.