1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Posting as Fanten

"Sadly the distrust has been there a long time and probably always will be unless someone tries to unite the different elves; an almost impossible task it would seem. My understanding of this part has to do with the building of the city, there was a source of power that the Sun Elves wanted and without asking or talking to the Wood Elves there then, they cut down the forest and built the city. At the time there were other differences between the 2 peoples as well, but as you can imagine losing a large piece of forest to replace it with wood and stone; well lets just the Wood Elves and Druids did not trust easily after that. And then of course they left and placed the curse not allowing nature to take it back for herself

"As you can see a merry pickle to find ourselves in grudges that have come down through the centuries and trouble ahead of us and behind us, if it wasn't for good companions at a time like this it would be easy to slip away and try to forget" with this last thought I fell silent and moved on down the trail.

2. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Culculna listened to Fanten's words before slipping off to get as much of a feel of the Wood Elf settlement as he could before the party set off again. Fanten's insight into the matter of elven tension only fueled his growing suspicians of how truly divided the elves were. This set a building stormcloud billowing into his soul. It could simply not be! The stories of his youth spoke of elves as unified, strong, fey, civilized at heart but attuned to the rythem of nature as it echoed their own pulse, and above all, proud. But rightfully so! Was it not the elves who shone like the moon in the darkness of human barbarism? Did not Marrigan the Ever-Graceful humble the last human hord by withstanding every blade, every arrow that it threw at her, without once raising a hand? "Mabye thats it," a catious, cynic voice wispered in his mind. "Mabye its the pride that drove us elves apart." With that the stormcloud within him broke, but with a determination to stare down the rain, Culculna strode off into the trees, trying to attune himself to their history, and the elves that had passed among them.

3. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras beckoned for the others as he flew low. He had spotted a smoking camp a ways into the Wood. He told them to stay close, and he flew through the low trees, making sure the others could still see him.

He reared as he burst out of the trees into a small clearing, the one he had spotted from the clouds. There were three burning tents, and trampled clothes and packs.

"Signs of struggle," Silviras breathed, not to anyone in particular.

4. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

I paused at the edge of the clearing Silviras had brought us to; looking swiftly around I tried to make sense of all the mess. I asked everyone to stop where they were for the moment while we took in the scene, "Valnar you and Skif are the trackers amongst us tell me what you see and who did this, if you can. The rest of us will wait here."

Posting as Valnar

I lifted Skif gently off my shoulder and moved carefully into the clearing, after looking around for a bit I turned to the others “Orcs came from the north surprised the people here, there was a struggle here between 4 maybe 5 warriors they were taken back to the north. As far as I can tell they were taken alive which is unusual for Orcs. One person did escape to the west towards the edge of the forest, looking at their tracks I’d say they’re female and the Orcs didn’t spot them.” As I finished I heard Skif giggling and Fanten standing with a huge grin on his face, I looked at him and started to say
    “Wha..” as I realised I’d spoken normally, continuing “Need no more to talk stupid, have I? Well anyways that’s the story of here so far, Skif have you anything to add?”

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

"Smart you are, hmm, yes," Skiffle gurgled to Valnar as she skirted around his feet. Kneeling down, she made a study of the tracks. "Someone's being carried. These prints are deeper in the muck than the others. As for the one that got away..." The gnome crawled through some bushes and found just what she needed: a hole in the ground.

She muttered gnomish words, then scurried down the dank tunnel. Abruptly, she ran into a thickly-furred rump. Tapping polietly, she asked, "Oi mate, seen any human-types around here?"

The fat wombat hoisted its rump high and peered between its legs at the dirty gnome behind it. Aye...small...one...I...heard...the...thumps...of, it paused as it pushed dirt around. ...a...group...of...lumpy...and...stinky...Tall...folk. They...fought...with...smooth...pink...skins...above...and...carried...them...away

"One got away from the looks of the ground above use," Skif said and helped pack the moist dirt into smooth walls.

Ah...I...will...miss...her...for...she...sang...as...the...mourning...dove...coos...

"Thank ye kindly, mate," Skif replied and scurried out of the wombat's excavation. Once on the surface, she did a thorough search of the area and found bits of thread caught in a broken bramble bush. The threads were glowing silver and, as much as she'd rather keep them for herself, she sighed and brought them to Valnar's attention.

6. DarkStrider

Posting as Valnar

When Skif gave me the threads I could see it was hurting her not to put them somewhere safe, looking up I said "Skif has found some threads on a bush over there which supports our theory that one got away, whoever this girl is she's not from around here; I don't think I've never seen threads like this before. Skif I don't have anywhere to keep these safe would you look after them for me?"

As I finished handing the threads to Skif I heard the deep rumble of Fanten "Ok we need to find her fast so that we can then go after her companions and help them. Silviras will you scout from above? Skif and Valnar track from below the rest of us will follow behind, so that when you find her she won't be overly alarmed."

I turned and looked at Skif "Do you want to lead milady or direct from your throne?

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"I'll stick on the ground. It's easier that way to see things." Skif toddled off into the trees, following the slight trail left by the runaway lady.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "I will follow the wee gnome. It might be best if the woman sees two other women first. Scare her less. Shalm scout the woods but stay hidden. No sense to scaring her with a wolf either."

With that Ja'a'la followed Skif into the forest.

9. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"Ok that should give them enough of a lead, Valnar lead us after them. Be careful people she is probably going to be frightened so let's be easy and calm" after I finished speaking Valnar led us slowly after Skif and Ja'a'la

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I'll fly overhead, see if I can see anything from the treetops." Silviras said to no one in particular. He gave a little hop, then cut through the air with his wings, soon soaring high above the treetops. But not so high that he couldn't see anything.

11. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Tramping through the forest, Culculna had become lost. He had sought to find some Wood Elves, to break down the barriers between them and homself, to dissolve the mistrust that lay between them and his party. But no such luck. It was almost like they were avoiding him, for the forest seemed empty, void of any habitiation but a curve hinting at a tree-top building here, or a rustle and fleeting glimpse of elven frivolity there. After walking a good deal, his legs aching pleasantly from the gentle rise and fall of the slopes and knolls of the forest, Culculna decided to turn back, and find his party. But just as he was preparing to retrace his steps, Culculna spied another movement out of the corner of his eyes. Standing perfectly still, e turned his head ever so slightely in order to catch a full view of the crouched figure out of the corner of his eye. The figure was unmistakenably elven, and quite possibly female. But something was wrong. She had not moved, and was not posed, with the grace Culculna had earlier witnessed. Rather, she seemed to carry about herself a disjointed aura of desperation. Culculna decided to turn and try to greet her. "Hail!" he said, to which the startled Wild Elf responded with notching her shortbow with deadly speed. "Stop!" Culculna cired in Elven. "I mean no harm!"

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

She stopped, feeling Ja'a'la bump into her unintentionally. "Did you hear that? Sounds like someone found someone else who didn't want to be found until they got found. Let's go!" The gnome charged into the undergrowth, trying to be as quiet as possible.

13. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la followed Skif quiet as the wood elf ranger she was. They rounded some trees to see Culculna with a female wild elf pointing a short bow at him. Ja'a'la called out in Elven. "Sister, we are friends. We wish to help you. The male is Culculna also a friend." She breathed a sigh of relief as the wild elf rose from her crouch still holding the bow ready but at least not fired.

14. DarkStrider

Posting as Deelakaenlina

I was a little unprepared for the sight before me, what appeared to be a male Drow but with red hair! And to the side there was a Wood Elf with a Gnome, therein lay a tale obviously. Since the attack and my escape I was embarassed to say that I was scared amd now I was presented with a comedic tableau. "What do you want from me and why are looking for me? Answer quickly or he becomes a pincushion."

15. Nakia

Media:
    "We came across where your party was attacked. We followed your trail and only wish to help you and if possible your friends." Seeing the elf looking from Culculna to Skif to her, Ja'a'la guessed she was finding them a little unusual. What would she think when she saw the others? Ja'a'la smiled to herself. The group was a bit strange.

"What can I say or do to prove to you our good will? I do mentioned that I could have shot you from the forest."

16. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras spotted a few crows flying out of the trees, startled, and he nosedived to that position. He burst through the canopy, with such force and speed as to knock over an Elder Oak, but only rustled a few leaves in his wake.

He landed beside the half-drow, and quickly shouted in Elven, "I am no enemy. I am in league with the ones you see before you, sister."

17. DarkStrider

Posting as Deelakaenlina

I looked at the gnome after the strange winged elf landed and said in Gnome "What say you little sister? Are the truths been upheld? Can I trust when so much is strange?"

18. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Crossing her pudgy arms, she said to the lady in Elven, "Weeell, we aren't orcish, if that makes it easier for you. I find Talls untrustworthy to start because they go around being taller than the Wee Folk. But I can pretend to be a cat and hide in the chair cushions when no one's looking, so there you have it."

Skiffle cautiously approached the elven lady. When no arrows or flaming stones rained down, the gnome gently touched the lady's skirt. "This fabric makes your hair look real pretty."

19. Nakia

Media:
    Shalm trotted out to stand quietly beside Ja'a'la.

"I am Ja'a'la. This is my companion Shalm. Our little sister is Skif. Our red headed brother is Culculna and our flying one is Silviras. May we ask who you are?"

20. DarkStrider

Posting as Deelakaenlina

"Thank you, little sister, I have some spare in my pack if you'd like? Well brothers and sisters my name is Deelakaenlina, thought most call me Deela"

Posting as Valnar

I'd stopped before the little glade and heard the others talking to the newcomer Deela, the rest of the party were behind me. I called out to them "Ja'a'la we will wait for you at their camp when you're ready" I turned and the others having heard did the same; making our way back to the burning camp.

Posting as Deelakaenlina

I tensed on hearing the voice coming into the clearing but then relaxed as they talked to Ja'a'la "Well there are obviously more of you, you can tell me about them as we walk, I must see what I can salvage before deciding what's next"

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.