1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss going North

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 23, 2006.

1. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Always, Silviras" Fanten rumbled "if you have spells that can aid then ready them, else stand your spot and when they arrive harry them from the air, if you'd be so kind. It'll add to their confusion and keep an an eye out for that dragon."

2. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la moved into the position indicated and prepared for battle.

She began firing rapid arrow after arrow into the orcs. A couple fell either dead or disabled and the others moved around in confusion. First it seemed they would attack where the arrows came from but then moved off away from the flying missles.

The stage was set.

3. DarkStrider

Posting as Deela

As the Orcs turned towards the new friends that she had met, Deela concentrated for a moment and then with a strange gesture and a muttered "Eruptus" a small ball of fire flew from her hand. The ball grew as it travelled to strike the right flank of the orcs with devestatating effect, at least half the orcs lay on the ground dead or barely alive. The Others ran harder away from the arrows and magic, straight down the throat of the waiting allies.

Posting as Valnar

As the fireball that must have come from Deela hit the Orcs flank, I heard Fenris howl and then I ran at the orcs raging as I went and then it was time to dance, axe singing, blood pounding, bits of Orc flying everywhere, laughter bubbling at the edge of reason as I danced their deaths.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la moved to were she could see what was going on. She fired arrows into the orcs. Her accuracy seemed to have improved and she was able to place her shots easily, striking the enemy and avoiding friends.

Shalm leaped into the fray with Fenris.

5. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Our plucky, gnomish sniper followed Ja'a'la's shooting lead; scewering orcs with her deadly arrows and maniacal laughter.

6. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras swooped down from the clouds, directly into the fray. His war scythe flashed in the air as warm sticky fluid oozed from the orc's side. He kicked a captain's helmet off and laughed as he went cross eyed and fell.

7. DarkStrider

Fanten watched Fenris and Shalm hamstringing orcs, Valnar was chopping them down as fast as they came at him, Skif and the elves were firing arrows into the Melee with great precision and Silvrias was happily flying around hacking at heads. He wasn't sure where Deela was but her fireball had being worthwhile and there wouldn't be much left soon. He swung his staff again and heard a satisfying crack as it hit an orc's head it's eyes closing as it the floor.

8. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"Die! Die you stupid, orcish poopyheads!" Skiffle screamed from the canopy.

9. kuemper Gems: 31/31

As the last orc fell, Skiffle leapt to the ground. She eagerly scrounged through the corpses, finding various monies, gems (half of which she pocketed ;) ), weapons and other items she cared nothing about. When everything she did not want for herself was separated, she called over the others to have a look.

10. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"Was there anything interesting there, Skif?" as he picked her up and placed her on his shoulder, as an aside to Skif he explained "I want us to move fast from here so hold on tight."

Looking at everyone else he said "Grab anything you want, that may be useful to you, and then let's get moving. The vultures are already taking notice, let's get out of here quickly, I don't want to be around if that dragon comes back. Silviras I think it would be better if you kept to the ground for now, and everyone as the forest thins and ends we're moving into giant territory, let's go."

He strode off quickly, so quickly in fact that others almost had to run to keep up with him, Skif riding on his shoulder, giggling away to herself as she held on to his hair, the occasional "Giddyup horsey" could be heard from her, before afresh set of giggles took hold.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras watched the last one stride into the woods, then, pumping his wings in the air, followed, gliding as quiet as a rain drop on a spring eve. He kept low, and didn't leave the safety of the canopy.

12. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Skif jerked on the hair in her fists, pulling the giant to a painful halt. Whispering fiercely in his left ear, she said, "Listen! Do you smell that?" Sniffing, she kicked her legs and slid quickly down her mount's back. "I'm sticking to the ground for now. There's something in the air...a stench of evil."

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras looked down to the forest floor only to see the giant and small one stop. He circled them quietly and landed with a soft thud.

"What do you see, small one?"

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"I see people who went with the other party." Everyone looked down, radiating the sensations that this gnome had gone beyond the deep end of insanity and was wallowling merrily in the oceans craziness. "Really! Remember, oh so long ago, how there was a call for 2 groups to go off and save Sunglow?"

15. DarkStrider

Posting as Fanten

"Well we are west of where we started after chasing these Orcs down, we need to cut east over those hills there and then north-east again for the city, if they had been pushed or gone northwards for any reason we would be close, I'll ask Fenris to have a look. Silviras how high can you fly? And how far can you clearly see from there? All I'm thinking is that to the south and south-west, there aren't many trees, it may be possible for you to see the Paladin you told me of, if it is the eastern group.

"Now Skif, what can you tell me of this stench of 'evil' you say?" Fanten asked the inquisitive gnome.

[ June 07, 2006, 16:13: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

16. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"I could be lying. I do have my fingers crossed." She offered her chubby, linked fingers to the air. "Oh and the stink? It's coming from over there." She pointed generally to her left.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"All right. If no one's gonna investigate, I'll do it myself." She strided toward the mystery smell, only to turn around abruptly and call back, "This means anything I find is mine!"

The smell got stronger the closer she walked. She wrinkled her little nose, but ventured forward. She came across a brambly trail, nearly overgrown with vines and grass. Skiffle followed it and delighted silently when her eyes alighted on a prescious silver piece on the ground.

Picking it up, she studied it carefully and realized it was quite clean to be something dropped a long time ago. Obviously, the coin was planted as a lure. "Reel me in and let's see who's holding the fishing pole," she whispered to herself as she continued to find silver coins at regular intervals.

18. DarkStrider

Posting as Valnar

"It's alright I'll track her, and help her as necessary, you guys catch up" I heard myself saying, and then I was tracking the gnome, I realised shortly that Deela was with me and so was Fenris (obviously sent by Fanten), Deela gave me a gentle smile and then moved on, as we followed Skif down the brambly trail.

It was obvious I wasn't the only to fall under the charm of our little friend

Posting as Fanten

As Valnar left, I sent Fenris along after them and then was plesantly surprised when Deela went as well. I looked at the others "Ok guys you follow along after the others, Ja'a'la, you and Shalm lead them, I'll be with you as soon as Silviras is back from seeing if the eastern party is heading this way."

19. Nakia

Media:
    Ja'a'la and Shalm headed off after Valnar, Deela and Fenris. Shalm sniffed the air. Gnome is right. Bad smell. Be carefull. "Go ahead Shalm scout carefully." Shalm vanishes into the trees.

With bow strung and at the ready, Ja'a'la trots along and soon finds herself close behind Valnar. She moves a little to the side.

"Valnar, Shalm smelled something too and is scouting in the forest. Do you want me to do the same?"

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Silviras saw the others leave and jumped into the air, again, quiet as ever. He flew through the treetops, eyes closed, and burst into the sunlight above, and focused himself. He flew, determined, over the wood, and soon spotted a group of trees moving. He flew down and landed in one of the trees, holding on tight. The flying elf glanced down to see four giants surrounding something, something crying.

He dropped out of the tree and pushed the air underneath his wings just before hitting the head of one of the giants. They looked up. His plan worked. They grabbed and jumped for the fly-thing, as it moved farther away.

Silviras reached into his pack and grabbed his war horn. He blew it, and hoped the others would get the picture. As one of the giant's hands appeared in his peripheral vision, he whipped out his scythe and sliced off a finger. The giant yelped and roared in pain, blood flying everywhere.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.