1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss OoC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

The commonly found deities are:

Boccob-God of Magic, True Neutral, Domains Knowledge Magic and Trickery, favored weapon is the quarterstaff

Corellon Larethian-God of Elves, Chaotic Good, Domains Chaos, Good, Protection, War, favored weapon is the longsword

Ehlonna-Goddess of the Woodlands, Neutral Good, Domains Animal, Good, Plant, Sun, favored weapon is the longbow

Erythnul-God of Slaughter, Chaotic Evil, Domains Chaos, Evil, Trickery, War, favored weapon is a morningstar with a blunt stone head

Fharlanghn-God of Roads, True Neutral, Domains Luck, Protection and Travel, favored weapon is the quarterstaff

Garl Glittergold-God of Gnomes, Neutral Good, Domains Good, Protection, Trickery, favored weapon is the battleaxe

Gruumsh-God of Orcs, Chaotic Evil, Domains Chaos, Evil, Stength and War, favored weapon is the spear

Heironeous-God of Valor, Lawful Good, Domains Good, Law and War, favored weapon is the flail

Hextor-God of Tyranny, Lawful Evil, Domains Destruction, Evil, Law, War, favorite weapon is the flail

Kord-God of Strength, Chaotic Good, Domains Chaos, Good, Luck and Strength, favored weapon is the greatsword

Moradin-God of Dwarves, Lawful Good, Domains Earth, Good, Law and Protection, favored weapon is the warhammer

Nerull-God of Death, Neutral Evil, Domains Death Evil and Trickery, favored weapon is the scythe

Obad-Hai-God of Nature, True Neutral, Domains Air, Animal, Earth, Fire, Plant, Water, favored weapon is the quarterstaff

Olidammara-God of Rogues, Chaotic Neutral, Domains Chaos, Luck and Trickery, favored weapon is the rapier

Pelor-God of the Sun, Neutral Good, Domains Good, Healing, Strength, Sun, favored weapon is the mace

St. Cuthbert-God of Retribution, Lawful Neutral (no evil clerics though), Domains Destruction, Law, Protection, Strength, favored weapon is the mace

Vecna-God of Secrets, Neutral Evil, Domains Evil, Knowledge and Magic, favored weapon is the dagger

Wee Jas-Goddess of Death and Magic, Lawful Neutral, Domains Death, Law and Magic, favored weapon is the dagger

Yondalla-Goddess of Halflings, Lawful Good, Domains Good, Law and Protection, favored weapon is the shortsword

These gods are the most appropriate deities for those native to Faydorn, outsiders may follow a god from another plane or world.

2. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Skiffle is going to be comical most of the time. Also, she'll steal anything within arm's reach. I hope the levity isn't hurting the RP.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Should be fine however your RP your character so long as that character doesn't end up like a certain custom NPC in BG2 who has to make her presence felt everywhere and highjack the plot.

Also feel free to create appropriate NPCs and stick their stats/descriptions/whatever in here, specifically if these NPCs are A. some sort of merchant or B. important to a sub-quest.

Most NPCs in Sunglow are humans or shield dwarves, as the north has the strongest pull on these two races. Gnomes, halflings and half races make up the racial minority (with halflings being the most populous race in Sunglow outside of humans and shield dwarves) Most of the local elves (primarily wood elves and wild elves) live in the primeval forest in the North which is more to their liking then the crowded city (the woodlands in the west which once held a large moon elf population no longer exist thanks to our cambion brothers), some moon elves who have fled the destruction of their woodlands have taken up residence within Sunglow. The lands to the east are home to small human and moon elf settlements whose survival within these untamed wildlands are primarily dependant on their ranger protecters.

I'll give more information/rumors about the North, East, South and West after Sunglow has been saved from the orcs.

4. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

I hope its alright that I joined without asking, I Kinda missed the OOC thread earlier today...

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

6. JiggaJay Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Can I join? I have a Neutral Evil Assassin waiting in line.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

feel free to bring him on in.

All Characters within Sunglow are now under the effects Protection from Evil and all evil creatures with 6 hit dice or less must make a will save or become afraid.

Being that the DC of Cause Fear is generated by an Avatar of Pelor, assume roughly 5% of the orcs made this save (natural 20s).

[ February 11, 2006, 02:34: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

8. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Also the Temple of the Shining Sun is under the effects of the Spell Hallow (not the modified version like Sunglow is currently under).

Hallow
    Duration-1 year

effects-Magic Circle against Evil, +4 sacred bonus to turn undead, -4 sacred bonus to controll undead, inability to turn corpses into undead, carries spell Zone of Truth (will save negates, DC-16)

[ February 11, 2006, 23:45: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

anyone know how cure spells effect broken bones? The Player's Handbook suprisingly says nothing to the effect of broken bones.

10. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Heal would probably work. I'm sure Cure Critical WOunds would too- if it stops internal bleeding, then a broken bone should be easy, even if the ankle is tricky

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

North of Sunglows lies the great primeval forest known as the Forest of Secrets, it is home to may wood elves, wild elfs and silvans, among many less pleasant things (what forest would be complete without giant spiders?). North of the Forest of Secrets lies the Icekissed Mountains, rumored to be home to a old and powerful wyrm, a red dragon with a treasure horde beyond compare, magical items from ages long forgotten and weapons and armor taken dwarven master craftsmen. One should always be on the look out for mountain giants, giffons/griffins, hippogriffs and manticores while in in the Icekissed Mountains. There is said to be a lost city of gray elves, it is rumored to have been the last of the gray elf cities to fall to an unnamed enemy. Those who have claimed to found the city become mad and it is speculated that that something not quite alive, but not quite dead has taken up residence within the city, whether it is the souls of the city's original inhabitants or not is unknown.

To the east lies untamed wildlands, with a few small, hardy moon elf and human settlements (the human settlements often contain a large number of half-orcs who are very readily excepted into such a harsh environment). This region is far more dangerous then the other regions surrounding Sunglow, though no one knows exactly what lives out here (aside from weak monsters like gnolls and goblins and the like who constantly raid the settlements in the region). There are rumors of a Yuan-Ti city settled within this region, as well as a pack of lycanthropes (most likely werewolves or werebears) lead by a incredibly powerful and cunning werewolf who interestingly is said to often enlist the aid of adventurers, the adventurers payment of course is keeping their lives lycanthropy free. Other prominant rumors speak of speak of an Orge Mage with plans of conquest (the settlements rangers may be have more information on this) and of staging area for duergar slavers. The rumor that dominates the region however is of an ancient ruined tower that still stands after being built thousands of years ago by a archmage, many have set off in search of the fabulous treasures that surely must exist within this tower, but none have ever returned after setting out.

To the south is the road back to civilization, rarely more then bandits, orcs, goblins and gnolls on the roads.

To the west lies what was once the woodlands called Ehlonna's Footsteps (deriving from the myth that the woodlands sprang up from Ehlonna's passing footsteps), the area is now rife with contamination of the spell Despoil and refuses to support any plant life. Travelling this way is highly unrecommended.

And remember not all monsters have to be dealt with through the sword, some are willing to talk.

Also since there is only one Plot specific character in the Northern and Eastern regions, feel free to have a creative influence on the story (the North and East are specifically lacking in hard facts for that very reason, you're free from the tyranny of my plot devices).

[ February 12, 2006, 19:43: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

12. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

:o I am going to change my god again. :D I don't want to be like the Clerics of Sunglow, so I'll go back to Corellon? Or is there a more suitable god for the Avariel? I'm thinking of a god, like a moon god maybe? Or maybe I will go back to Selune, you did say that other gods still have power here, or something like that... Selune it is. Thanks for listening!

[ February 15, 2006, 02:49: Message edited by: Elwithral Irenicus ]

13. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

when everyone leaves the city, PLEASE, PLEASE feel free to make up party members accompanying you, interact with them, control them, anything so I don't have to DM this up coming part!

14. Benan Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Just so everyone knows with my busy schedual, Valis is available to be used by all. Just don't make life changeing desicions for him. I'll try to post, but I might get to get online like once a day.

15. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Summary of party going north:

kuemper-Shiffle Nutbunny-Gnome
    DarkStrider-Valnar-Barbarian
    Elwithral-Silviras-aquatic flying elf
    Deepfae-Culculna-half/drow.
    Nakia-Ja'a'la-local wood elf.

A captain, some soldiers, a mage?

Is this correct?

16. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

OKay, so who's going east?

17. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Orianna's going east, I believe one of the drow is as well.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I have taken it upon myself to get the northward bound group moving. Now I can be as bossy, officious and contrary as the next person but mainly I am lazy. I love to have other people do the work so don't think I'm taking charge of the group. Feel free to move things along as you see fit. Please!!!

Note: Read that thing under my name I can never remember what its proper name is.
    "Too much talking spoils the fighting"

I picked that for a reason.

19. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Not a problem Nakia, we'll be picking up a new character that I'll be playing along the way, a surprise hopefully.

20. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Is it too late for me to join?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.