1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss OoC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

No problem Maurolava, it's a perfect time to join in. The opening act was something more a prelude to get the feel of the NPCs and start to unravell the significance of what is going on.

2. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Is it anything in specific that you need in a character...I mean, I have almost everything thought up fo my character, but if you need anything I could change. If you want a preview of my character before I post it, let me know!!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

I assume however you make your character would be fine, so long as your character isn't an illithid, Yuan-Ti Halfbreed or other "unbalancing" type (the RP has to at least go on a little bit longer :) ).

4. Maurolava

Well I do not thing that the race is a problem as it will be a human, but I'm not sure about the class/profession!

5. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Psionics are the only ones that could be a problem, as far as I'm aware (and my knowledge of psionic classes is very limited), psionic classes are... shall we say over powered. I've heard 3.5 has made them less powerful, but I have absolutely no idea how psionic classes work in 3.5. Illithid and Yuan-Ti got the boot because of their psionic abilities rather then their +5-7 level adjust. If you're dying to make a psionic just send me over the class abilities (or some sort of explanation) and I'll mull over the possible consequences of the class vs. the antagonists (being that cambions have no special bonuses against mind effects other then their SR and aren't too impressive CL wise, I don't want them to be laid waste to with relative ease).

Being, that as far as I'm aware, there is only 1 epic level NPC in the RP (there maybe more, we'll see, the Balor and Cambions may increase in power as things progress) I don't want to make it possible for a psionic to take advantage of low saves and go wild destroying things.

Argh... since there is no actual dice rolling, to represented relatively weak bodies, slow reflexes and weak wills possessed by the NPC monsters.

6. Maurolava

No worries there either (Psionic), the class that I have in mind is a Samurai and his profession is Bodyguard . I have even though on how to bring him into wherever place you guys are going, although I don?t know whether that will be north or east. I think that decision I?ll leave it up to you.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

if the decision of North or East is up to me, I'd perfer him to go east simply because there are 3 PCs heading east and 5 PCs heading north. If your PC goes east, it obviously helps to balance out the two groups PC wise.

8. Maurolava

Ok, let me know if I get this right!!

NORTH:
    *kuemper
    *DarkStrider
    *Elwithral
    *Deepfae
    *Nakia

East
    *Ilmater's Suffering
    *Dalamar Maximux
    *Daie d'Malkin
    *Benan

The question is that Ilmater's has two characters so I don't know if both going the same direction or if they are going independent.

Now, as per Ilmater's I should go east as well so it can balance the parties, so if posible, can someone give me a head up on when should I appier on the group?

One more question, what exactly is up East?, or why are they (us) going that way?

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

basically everyone Nakia hasn't listed as going north is going east, my necromancer, Hamal however is staying in the city where he can function as something half-way between a PC and a NPC in an attempt to generate a per say, evil storyline and develop what is happening within the city while everyone else is outside the city.

As for the reasons of going east, the town, Sunglow (which is where we are at), is currently under the effect of a shortened duration, widened area of effect Hallow, with the spell Cause Fear tacked on to it. Since most orcs have less then 6 hit dice and the DC of the spell is generated by an avatar of Pelor (unsure about a cleric avatar's wisdom score, but I assume it is very high), it has given the townspeople of Sunglow a temporary repreve from the violence. In this time, two parties have been sent out, one to go north and one to go east. The eastern party is to ransack an "abbandoned" tower for a holy artifact (don't worry, there won't be any liches) and then steal magic items from a yuan-ti city in an effort to improve the "fire power" of the defenders of Sunglow.

10. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

The two groups in the same Thread are a little confusing; perhaps we should split into two? Well, it depends on how long we are going to stay separated.

11. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Probably for the best, whoever posts next on the northern group and whoever posts next on the east group should start a new thread. We can go back to the original thread once the travels outside of the city are complete.

The length is really quite user dependant so it's probably with the most foresight to assume they'll be long.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Traveling North Group

I ran across this Warhammer and thought it might give us some ideas for our adventure. My group of wood elves lives in the tree branches and has a little more contact with outsiders than the ones we might meet on our way north.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

That should make it fun Nakia :D especially with the cannibalistic giants and red Wyrn we'll have to contend with, nice one :thumb:

14. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you, anything to make it more interesting. :)

I was thinking that initially Ja'a'la could be friends even possibly related to some of the wood elves but as we travel deeper they will be more reserved, not very trusting. Here I think Fanten might be very helpful as the deep forest wood elves probably wouldn't trust Ja'a'la considering her to be corrupted by outside influences.

15. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

It was what I felt as well, a druid is more likely to find favour with them than most others.

16. Nakia

Media:
    Oh, I love it when a plan comes together! :spin:

17. Maurolava

@Ilmater's -

What do you mean by "impulsive", it's there something wrong with her??

18. Nakia

Media:
    North grouP:

I took mylast post out and hope a mod deletes it.

Deepfae or Elwithral if you come on before I do. Feel free to be invited to sleep over have a good break fast and load up with goodies.

@DarkStrider, I left Shalm playing with Fenris so she is stretched out somewhere nearby. She knows Ja'a'la is safe with her family.

19. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Orianna's basically the planetouched deviant archetype, meaning she has an all consuming need she's ever trying to sate. She doesn't really think about the social (and otherwise) consequences that come from the actions she takes (that her wisdom has been temporarily dropped to about 5 ot 6 though the use of her Demonic Kiss feat doesn't help things either), she's short sighted and has odd inhibitions. She's over emotional and sexually hyper-aggressive so I suppose you could say there's something wrong with her, but she's nothing terribly unusual for a tiefling.

I apologize for any discomfort Orianna has caused... she can make things rather... akward in a group that doesn't largely consist of female PCs and/or half-orcs, dwarves and other such races she finds unattractive.

[ March 02, 2006, 15:30: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

20. Maurolava

No discomfort, is just I did not understand your reaction when Kashim ask for help with his armor; Samurai's armor is very heavy and in layers hence the difficulty getting it off.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.