1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss OoC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Orianna was merely being opportunistic and base. She couldn't see an invitation to remove armor as anything other then an opportunity to make a move.

2. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

The basics of Raven

Race-"Human"
    Age-23
    Height- 5'7"
    Class-6th level Monsterous Humaniod/3rd level Ranger
    Alignment-Any attempts to magically discern her alignemnt will come up with True Neutral
    Str-12
    Dex-22 (+2 racial modifier)
    Con-12
    Int-18 (+4 racial modifier)
    Wis-14 (10) (+4 racial modifier, -4 magical modifier)
    Cha-20 (+4 racial modifier)
    Skills (unmodified)-Bluff 3, Climb 3, Concentration 9, Knowledge (Geography) 9, Disguise 9, Handle Animal 5, Hide 12, Jump 3, Listen 9, Move Silently 6, Spot 9, Survival 6, Swim 4
    Racial Feats-Alertness, Blind Fight
    Class Feats-Tracking, Rapid Shot, Endurance
    Feats-Weapon Proficiency Exotic, Improved Initiative, Dodge, Weapon Focus Yu Gou

Hit Dice-6d8+6+3d8+3
    SR-19
    AC-21 (+5 dex, +4 studded leather +1, +1 Amulet of Balance, +1 natural armor)

Favored Enemy-Humaniod (human)

Items-Yu Gou +1, Studded Leather Armor +1, Long Bow +1, Dagger +1, Amulet of Balance (+1 deflection bonus), Arrows x200, Arrows +1 x30

Yu Gou +1
    Category-Exotic Weapons-Melee
    Size-Medium
    Damage-1d8+1/3d8+1*
    Critical-x3
    Range Increment-10 feet
    Weight-18 lb
    Type-piercing

This weapon cannot be used in hand to hand combat.

*1d8+1 is done on successful attack roll, 3d8+1 is dealt on the victim's next initiative. Critical damage applies to both damage rolls.

Amulet of Balancing
    Effects-+1 deflection bonus, Moral Relativism (True Neutral only), Wisdom damage determined when applied (1d6)

[ March 06, 2006, 18:41: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

3. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hmm, okay, a human with racial modifiers. WHat is she?

Should Soren be getting 'wtf intuition'?

4. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Raven is a Yuan-Ti Pureblood who has succeeded in passing as human. Unless a character has experience with dealing with yuan-ti passing as human, one shouldn't worry.

That is they wouldn't have a reason to be worried about Raven. As far as I'm aware, only Kashim has the experience to with Yuan-Ti infiltrators to be able to pick out a yuan-ti pureblood who has passed as humans (do to the subtle differences in behavior).

I put out Raven's stats early just to make sure she' represented if violent action is taken against her. If you're not Maurolava forget you saw this ! :D

That and I'm just not very good at keeping a secret...

[ March 03, 2006, 21:10: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

5. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Ok, has everyone in the Nothern Thread gone to sleep?

6. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I think so but if your planning any little surprises remember the elfs would keep patrols out in the forest.

7. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

No I'm just wanted to make sure that everyone was asleep first if I were to wake up my character sometime soon and start the nest day of adventuring.

8. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I'm ready. Let us forth to face the dangers of the deep forest.

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Raven updated

BAB-9 (lvl 6 monsterous humaniod, lvl 3 ranger)

Fort. Throw-6 (+2 Monsterious Humaniod, +3 ranger, +1 Con)
    Reflex Throw-13 (+5 Monsterous Humaniod, +3 Ranger, +5 Dex)
    Wis. Throw-6 (+5 Monsterous Humaniod, +1 Ranger, +0 Wis)

Spell Like Abilites-Animal Trance (DC-17), Cause Fear (DC-16), Deeper Darkness, Entangle (DC-16), Neutralize Poison, Suggestion (DC-18), Baneful Polymorph (DC-20)

I'll update those DCs as soon as I get my hands back on my Player's Handbook.

Psionic Abilites-Detect Poison, Alternate From: Viper, Chameleon Power, Produce Acid, Aversion (DC-17)

[ March 10, 2006, 01:20: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Okay Raven has been updated so her Monstrous Humanoid skill points have been included, her ability increase now reflects her level, she now has Endurance as a class feat and all the DCs to her spell like abilities have been added.

When using Chameleon Power, Raven has a modified Hide of +22 (9 skill ranks, +6 dex bonus, +8 circumstance bonus, -1 armor penalty)and modified Move Silently of +11 (6 skill ranks, +6 dex bonus, -1 armor penalty).

11. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

She sounds well.... sneaky. Will she make a move?

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Raven's too driven by the need to get ahead and her hate to make a move. She may hate humans like any yuan-ti and her racial enemy may be human, but that only reflects the considerable amount of training she recieved as a child on how to fight humans (while she was supposedly feral). Who Raven really hates are yuan-ti halfbloods and yuan-ti abominations even more, she sees them as a blight on yuan-ti society and more likely then not desires to, after figuring out the group's strength, poke and prode them into encounters with those yuan-ti she dislikes. Guaranteed if an alternative route appears that would further her desire to increase her own power and prestiege, she's liable to take that route.

13. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Sorry that my latest post is beatch of a long one, but it just kept flowing.

Fanten's new staff is

Staff of the Woodland Elves (Staf+2)
    Base damage 1d8
    Base critical threat x2
    Enhancement bonus +2
    Can cast Entangle once/day
    Can cast Cure Moderate Wounds once/day

[ March 10, 2006, 12:23: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

14. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Since I've been using D+D character level to represent character strength, I was wondering if we would periodically like to increase our character levels to reflect an increase of their abilities.

I somehow doubt a group of 4 or 5 level 4 PCs could even manage to take down one of the Cambions. Also the eastern group would be hard pressed to take down Raven as is with her ECL of 14.

If we want to do this, it is probably appropriate that all the characters that fought in the openning battle pick up another level.

At the very least it would help us keep track of spells as bards and sorcerers progress.

[ March 09, 2006, 06:18: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

15. DarkStrider

@deepfae if no-one else wants to answer your questions about the 'sundering of the elves' I have some ideas if you want to discuss them ask me either here or by pm.

Ok ok so I've added more bad guys to get through, treekillers are in the northern forest probably looking for the same thing we are (whatever the hell that is), but something had to be upsetting the Wood Elves and treekillers will always do that. After all we can't expect IS to do everything for us going north when he's going east can we? :lol:

16. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    I was looking around and found RP quite interesting. Do you mind if I join in (albeit alittle late. Perhaps into the one going east?)? I have never RPed before, so I lack experience and am unsure of how it goes.

17. DarkStrider

@Faye have a word with Ilmater's Suffering by pm and he'll be able to guide you from there, it's his RP and I'm sure he'll be happy to show you the ropes.

18. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Feel free to join in Faye. Just PM me if you have any questions. If you want to go east, it'd probably easiest RP wise if you joined up in Raven's village, which, if necessary, I can force the group to quickly.

If you want to go North, you'd probably be best talking with Darkstrider (the DM of the North :D ) as how best to join the party.

19. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Does anyone know if Daie d'Malkin is busy on RL, he has not posted in a good while!

Ohh, and welcome to Faye to the thread :wave:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Hi Faye, welcome to the group.

I'm not too busy, I just can't think of anything to say at the moment. I was kinda hoping someone could pull us to Raven's village quickly.

Until then, Soren is just tramping along, thinking.

Oh yeah. Faye, post a character sheet in the appropriate thread, to show us what your character is like. Level 5 is the max level, I believe. Oh, I should update Soren...

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.