1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss OoC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Maurolava

Maurolava Neither to go back, nor to take impulse Veteran

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2012
  2. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Thanks for the warm welcome guys! I'll post my character up sometime later today, when I have the time.

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Sorry Daie if we aren't just ending up at Raven's village. The journey's suppose to be a half day so I'd feel very lame if I just positioned us within the village.

[ March 15, 2006, 05:26: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

4. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Welcome Faye :wave:

5. DarkStrider

Does anybody want to play a second charcter or a first to join the party in the north, if they do, could they pm please.

Thanks
    DS

6. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Ivellos Amakiir
    Moon Elf
    Medium 16th level Ranger

Hit Dice: 16d8-16 (59 hp)
    Initiative: +5
    Speed: 30 feet
    Armor Class: 24 (+5 Dex, +6 +3 Studded Leather, +3 +3 Ring of Protection)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +16/+16
    Attack +3 Longbow +22 ranged (1d8+3/19-20/x3)
    Full Attack: +3 Longbow +22/+17/+12/+7 ranged (1d8+3/19-20/x3)
    Special Attacks: Divine Spells, Many Shot, Rapid Shot
    Special Qualities: Animal Companion, Camouflage, Elven Traits, Evasion, Swift Traker, Wild Empathy, Woodland Stride
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +17, Will +9
    Abilities: Str 11, Dex 21, Con 9, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 14
    Skills: Climb +10, Concentration +8, Handle Animal +21, Hide +24, Jump +10, Knowledge (Geography) +22, Knowledge (Nature) +24, Listen +15, Move Silently +24, Ride +7, Search +5, Spot +25, Survival +23, Swim +9, Use Rope +15
    Feats: Track, Weapon Focus (Longbow), Rapid Shot, Point Blank Shot, Endurance, Precise Shot, Manyshot, Far Shot, Improved Precise Shot, Improved Critical (Longbow), Lighten Reflexes

Alignment: Neutral Good
    Languages: Common, Elven, Goblin, Sylvan

Height: 5'2"
    Weight: 118 lbs

Favored Ememy: Giant +8, Monstrous Humanoid +6, Humanoid (Goblinoid) +4, Vermin +2

EDIT: Ivellos no longer uses the the actual height/weight of moon elves, but has reverted back to the height/weight of the generic elf in the player's handbook.

[ April 03, 2006, 00:31: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

7. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hey everyone, sorry that I havn't been posting lately (my apologie is mostly directed at DarkStrider). Anyways, concerning the Northern Group: Since Culculna went of tramping away from the main group right before everyone came across the burned tents and the new trouble started, I thought a way to get Culculna back into all the action would be for him to run accross the survivor of the struggle that the group ran across in the woods. But I don't want to upset any ideas anyone had for who that person is, where she is, how she reacts to being found, ect. So please tell me if anyone of you objects to my idea.

8. DarkStrider

I can tell you who she is once I post her in the character thread later :D No worries about not posting :p next time get a note from your mom :lol:

I've posted Deela the poor girl who ran from the nasty Orcs I'll posting for her unless someone else wants to take her on, I'm working on her backstory.

@Deepfae if you want to meet up with her first that's fine Skif and Ja'a'la will catch up at the standoff between you both.

[ March 19, 2006, 14:12: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

9. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Mayor Greendale
    Human, 10th level Commoner
    Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 10d4-10 (15 hp)
    Initiative: -1
    Armor Class: 9 (-1 Dex)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+4
    Attack: Unarmed +4 melee (1d3-1)
    Full Attack: Unarmed +4 melee (1d3-1)
    Space/Reach: 5 ft., 5 ft.
    Special Attacks: None
    Special Qualities: None
    Saves:
    Abilities: Str 9, Dex 9, Con 9, Int 13, Wis 17, Cha 15
    Skills:
    Feats: Negotiator

Level Adjust: +0
    Languages: Common, Dwarven

Height: 5'10"
    Weight: 187 lbs

Description-Mayor Greendale is a man of average looks, he carries some extra weight, but doesn't quite look overweight. His years as the mayor has led him to look several years older then he really is. Mayor Greendale's flesh has a touch of olive to it, his hair has now left his head bald and his eyes are a dark blue. Something about Mayor Greendale makes those in his company believe they are doing the morally right thing while exectuting his commands.
    History-Mayor Greendale grew up as a peasant in Sunglow while Sunglow was still ruled by a feudal system (which was overthrown 31 years before this RP). Mayor Greendale is a widower and has no surviving children from that marriage. Mayor Greendale has governed Sunglow for the last 15 years and is well liked by his people for his fair policies.

Abbazoth
    Balor
    Large Outsider (Chaotic, Extraplanar, Evil, Tanar'ri)

Hit Dice: 20d8+240 (330 hp)
    Initiative: +12
    Speed: 40 feet, fly 90 feet (good)
    Armor Class: 36 (-1 size, +8 Dex, +19 natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +20/+36
    Attack: +1 Vorpal Longsword +35 melee (2d6+15/19-20)
    Full Attack: +1 Vorpal Longsword +33/+28/+23/+18 melee (2d6+15/19-20) and +1 Flaming Whip +32/+27 (1d4+8 plus 1d6 fire plus entangle) or 2 slams +33 melee (1d10+14)
    Space/Reach: 10 ft., 10 ft.
    Special Attacks: Death Throes, Entangle, Spell-like Abilites, Summon Tanar'ri, Vorpal Sword
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 15/cold iron and good, Darkvision 60 ft., Flaming Body, Immunity to Electricity, Fire and Poison, Resistance to Acid 10 and Cold 10, Spell Resistance 28, Telepathy 100 ft., True Seeing
    Saves: Fort +24, Ref +20, Will +18
    Abilities: Str 39, Dex 27, Con 35, Int 24, Wis 22, Cha 28
    Skills: Bluff +32, Concentration +35, Diplomacy +36, Disguise +9 (+11 acting), Hide +27, Intimidate +34 Knowledge (Arcana) +30, Knowledge (Planes) +30, Listen +37, Move Silently +31, Search +30, Sense Motive +29, Spellcraft +32 (+34 scrolls), Spot +37, Survival +6 (+8 following tracks, +8 Survival checks on other planes), Use Magical Device +31 (+33 scrolls)
    Feats: Cleave, Improved Initiative, Improved Two-Weapon Fighting, Power Attack, Quicken Spell-like Ability (Telekinesis), Two-Weapon Fighting, Weapon Focus (Longsword)

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Level Adjust: --
    Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Draconic
    Spell-like Abilities: At will-Blasphemy (DC-26), Dominate Monster (DC-28), Greater Dispel Magic, Greater Teleport, Insanity (DC-26), Power Word Stun, Teleknesis (DC-24), Unholy Aura (DC-27) 1/day-Fire Storm (DC-27), Implosion (DC-28)

Height: 12'3"
    Weight: 4,578 lbs

Galla
    Medium Outsider (Angel, Extraplanar, Good)

Hit Dice: 18d8+90 (171 hp)
    Initiative: +10
    Speed: 50 ft., fly 100 ft (good)
    Armor Class: 31 (+6 Dex, +15 natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +18/+26
    Attack: +3 Heavy Mace of Disruption +30 melee (1d8+15 plus stun) or Slam +26 (1d8+12)
    Full Attack: +3 Heavy Mace of Disruption +30/+25/+20/+15 melee (1d8+15 plus stun) or Slam +26 (1d8+12)
    Special Attacks: Spell-like Abilities, Stun
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 10/evil, Darkvision 60 ft., Low-light Vision, Immunity to Acid, Cold and Petrification, Protective Aura, Resistance to Electricity 10 and Fire 10, Spell Resistance 30, Tongues, Uncanny Dodge
    Saves: Fort +18, Ref, +17, Will +15
    Abilities: Str 26, Dex 22, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 23
    Skills: Concentration +26, Diplomacy +29, Escape Artist +27, Hide +27, Knowledge (History) +24, Knowledge (Planes) +24, Knowledge (Religion) +24, Listen +29, Sense Motive +25, Spot +29, Use Rope +6 (+8 with bindings)
    Feats: Alertness, Cleave, Dodge, Great Fortitude, Improved Initiative, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Heavy Mace)

Level Adjust: +8
    Languages: Celestial, Draconic, Infernal plus Tongues
    Spell-like Abilities: At will-Aid, Continual Flame, Detect Evil, Discern Lies (DC-20), Dispel Evil (DC-21), Dispel Magic, Holy Aura (DC-24), Holy Smite (DC-20), Holy Word (DC-23), Invisibility (Self Only), Plane Shift (DC-23), Polymorph (Self Only), Remove Curse (DC-19), Remove Disease (DC-19), Remove Fear (DC-17) 7/day-Cure Light Wounds (DC-17), See Invisibility 1/day-Blade Barrier (DC-22), Heal (DC-22)

Height: 7'8"
    Weight: 247 lbs

Description-Galla is beautiful beyond compare, without another celestial being in this world, not but nymphs could have a chance to match her in feminine beauty. Galla is perfectly slender, strikingly elegent and splendidly graceful. Galla is ivory fleshed with hair as yellow as the sun and eyes like the steel of a well polished sword.
    Background-Galla has guarded the temple of Pelar in Sunglow for years, no human living in this city was alive when Galla was first bound to the temple, though a handful of ancient dwarves in the city may have been children when she was. Galla is regarded as something of a patron saint to the locals of Sunglow and may locals will throw something of a pray both her and Pelor's way. Galla has decided, for the sake of Sunglow to leave evil characters be who are in the service of Mayor Greendale (she will know immediately if you are no longer in his service and will try to kill your PC(s) while you remain within the temple)
    Effects: Galla is ever under the effect Sacred Duty (I've decided to call it) and there only has the power to level the temple when the town is in dire danger.

Darrik Whitehorn
    Human, 12th level Cleric
    Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 12d8+36 (93 hp)
    Initiative: +1
    Speed: 20 ft., 30 ft. base speed
    Armor Class: 25 (+1 Dex, +8 +2 Banded Mail, +4 +2 Heavy Steel Shield, +2 +2 Ring of Protection)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+11
    Attack: +2 Heavy Mace +14 melee (1d8+4/19-20)
    Full Attack: +2 Heavy Mace +14/+9 melee (1d8+4/19-20)
    Special Attacks: Turn Undead
    Special Qualities: Aura of Good
    Saves: Fort +11, Ref +4, Will +12
    Abilities: Str 14, Dex 12, Con 16, Int 12, Wis 19, Cha 14
    Skills: Concentration +22, Diplomacy +17, Heal +21, Knowledge (Religion) +16
    Feats: Combat Casting, Extra Turning, Healing Hand, Improved Critical (Heavy Mace), Improved Turning, Weapon Focus (Heavy Mace)

Deity/Domains: Pelor, Good, Sun
    Languages: Common, Dwarven

Height: 6'1"
    Weight: 185 lbs

Description-Darrik is a very handsome young man (the best looking man in the village some would say) of proper breeding and a reserved personality and is uncomfortable in the presence of attractive women. Darrik is quite obviously blindly smitten by Galla and whenever he's in her presence, his face is one of the hopelessness and longing of unrequited love mixed with the satisfaction of merely being in her presence. Darrik is fair skinned with golden hair and royal blue eyes.
    History: Darrik was born into one of the noble families that had been removed from power during the uprising that took place 31 years ago. The Men of his blood line had traditionally been the High Priests of Pelor, the most honored position in the city. Darrik found service to Pelor to be only natural with his bloodline and can now be found acting as the healer within the Temple of the Shining Sun in the heart of Sunglow

Kara Whitehorn
    Human, 2nd level Aristocrat
    Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice:
    Initiative: +2
    Armor Class: 14 (+2 Dex, +2 +2 Ring of Protection)
    Base Attack/Grapple:
    Attack:
    Full Attack:
    Saves:
    Abilities: Str 10, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 16
    Skills:
    Feats:

Languages: Human, Dwarven

Height: 5'9"
    Weight:

Description-Kara is naturally very elegent and her best effort to separate herself from her lineage, she is unable to hide what some would call "Blue Blooded Features". Her looks are similar to her brothers, both in beauty and coloring.
    History-Like her brother, Kara is of the noble family the Whitehorns, however she never embraced her background like her brother and prefered to be a free spirit, but has failed to escape from her background as much as she thinks she has. There is something about the girl that makes others aware that she is more important then she seems. Why Galla is so incredibly protective of Kara might be worth looking into.

Alan Hendal
    Human, 10th level Fighter
    Medium Humanoid (Human)

Hit Dice: 10d10+20 (79 hp)
    Initiative: +0
    Speed: 20 feet, 30 feet base speed
    Armor Class: 18 (+8 +2 Splint Mail)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +10/+15
    Attack: +2 Halberd +19 melee (1d10+11/19-20/x3)
    Full Attack: +2 Halberd +19/+14 melee (1d10+11/19-20/x3)
    Saves: Fort +9, Ref +3, Will +5
    Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
    Skills: Climb +11, Handle Animal +14, Intimidate +14, Jump +12, Ride +2
    Feats: Blind Fight, Cleave, Foe Hunter (Orc), Great Cleave, Greater Weapon Focus (Halberd), Improved Critical (Halberd), Improved Sunder, Iron Will, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Halberd), Weapon Specialization (Halberd)

Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    Languages: Common

Height 5'10"
    Weight: 200 lbs

Description-Alan is a well muscled man, it is clear he takes pride in his physical ability. Alan bares a heavy scar running horizontally across his forehead from an Orcish Double Axe that nearly cost him his life. Aside from his scar, Alan's face is merely average, his hair is as brown as a grizzly bear's fur, though it is already becoming streaked with gray, while his eyes are a iron gray.
    History-Alan grew up a peasant in Sunglow, spending only the first year of his life under the old feudalist system. Alan has been a long time friend and ally of Mayor Greendale and there are many less then nice rumors that claim Alan only made Captain of the Guard because of his friendship with Mayor Greendale.

Cambions:

Malkath Demonfury
    Cambion, 15th level Unholy Warrior
    Medium Outsider (Native)

Hit Dice: 2d8+10+15d10+75 (180 hp)
    Initiative: +3
    Speed: 20 feet, 30 feet base speed, fly 30 feet (average)
    Armor Class: 32 (+3 Dex, +7 +3 Scale Mail, +7 Fury's Shield, +3 +3 Amulet of Protection, +2 natural)
    Base Attack/Grapple: +17/+25
    Attack: Demonrage +31 melee (2d6+17/17-20) or +3 Longsword +28 melee (1d8+11/19-20) or Claw +25 melee (1d4+8)
    Full Attack: Demonrage +31/+26/+21/+16 melee (2d6+17/17-20) and Bite +20 melee (1d8+4) or +3 Longsword +28/+23/+18/+13 melee (1d8+11/19-20) and Bite +20 melee (1d8+4) or 2 Claws +25 melee (1d4+8) and Bite +20 (1d8+4)
    Special Attacks: Smite Good, Spell-like Abilities
    Special Qualities: Damage Reduction 10/magic, Darkvision 60 ft., Immunity to Poison, Resistance to Acid 10, Cold 10, Electicity 10 and Fire 10, Spell Resistance 27
    Saves:
    Abilities: Str 26, Dex 16, Con 20, Int 16, Wis 12, Cha 16
    Skills:
    Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Critical (Greatsword), Improved Natural Armor, Improved Natural Weapon (Bite),Iron Will, Power Attack, Weapon Focus (Greatsword)

Alignment: Chaotic Evil
    Level Adjust: +4
    Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Common, Draconic, Ignan
    Spell-like Abilities: 3/day-Darkness, Poison, Unholy Aura 1/day-Blasphemy, Contagion, Desecrate, Horrid Wilting, Summon Monster IX (fiends only), Unhallow, Unholy Blight

Height: 6'7"
    Weight: 262 lbs

Appearance-The most demonic looking of the brothers, with jet black hair, untamed hair, clawed demon feet, two downward sloping horns jutting out of his forehead that seemed to protect his face, red skin and black eyes that looked as if the void existed within them.
    History-Malkath's history has made him a favorite of Abbazoth, Malkath was born to a Paladin that Abbazoth had captured and raped, from there Malkath became everything his mother had stood again, he aligned himself with the dark powers and became their champion, distancing himself from the idea of self gain for the sake of harming others even at his own loss. Because Malkath is the evilest of his already blackhearted brothers, Abbazoth has made Malkath his chief lieutenant.

EDIT: Oh and Galla and Abbazoth are using the Elite Array for their Abilities, rather then a standard array.

[ April 03, 2006, 00:29: Message edited by: Ilmater's Suffering ]

10. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

When do the 2 parties meet up again?

11. Faye

Faye Life is funny. Veteran

Media:
    Actually, the party in the east seems to be in a quagmire... stuck in a village.

12. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

sorry about that I'll try to force things along. This second RP I'm working on is way too ambitious and has been consuming lots of my time. I take the most pleasure out of creating situations and characters and therefore become easily distracted when they present themselves to me.

13. DarkStrider

Sorry kuemp it's not dragon poo your stick was in, the dragon can't enter the forest as a dragon, but we should be meeting her soon.

14. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Dragons don't poo like birds? Who says!? :skeptic:

15. DarkStrider

roflmao Sorry didn't think of that one... :lol:

16. DarkStrider

Ok folks going north we need to identify Skif's pretty staff, move out of the forest killing any orcs lying around and move into giant territory, not forgetting that these giants like eating things fresh; like adventurers.

It should take about 2-3 days to get across this territory when we should be able to see the city ahead of us in the mountains, probably another 3 days journey along unknown territory with a poo-dropping dragon somewhere around, and any of her helpers.

I will be posting the dragon's stats at some stage just to scare you.

Level up as well folks everybody going north should now be effectively level 6.

17. kuemper Gems: 31/31

Thank you for the XP. Skiffle has Precise Shot now, so be ready to see arrows whizzing into melee. :evil: I love that feat.

18. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Let us see. I have Rapid Shot so I think I get Precise Shot too. Hey, two sharp shooters. I lost my stat sheet when my computer crashed. :(

So if anyone knows something better for a ranger please let me know but I think Precise Shot is good.

19. DarkStrider

The only other consideration with the bow is whether to take point-blank shotbut I'd stick with what you've got and maybe take point-blank next.

20. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

* almighty kick up the backside*

Hello?

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.