1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss OoC Thread

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    I need some information on elven rangers and what they can do in 3.5ed. In what I have there is mention and the Ranger and her companion sharing spells.

Rangers have spells? If so what are they?

Please.

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

Rangers get ranger spells, funnily enough. Low level druid spells, iirc.

3. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

Ranger spells level 1 (which they get at class level 4):
    Alarm - wards an area for 2 hours/level
    Animal Messenger - sends Tiny animal to specific place
    Calm Animals - calms (2d4 + level) hit die of animals
    Charm Animal - makes one animal your friend
    Delay Poison - stops poison from harming for 1 hour/level
    Detect Animal or Plant - detects kinds of animals or plants
    Detect Poison - detects poison in 1 creature or object
    Detect Snares or Pits - reveals natural or primitive traps
    Endure Elements - exist comfortably in hot or cold environment
    Entangle - Plants entangle everyone within 40 foot radius
    Hidew from Animals - animals can't perceive 1 subject/level
    Jump - subject gets bonus to Jump checks
    Longstrider - increases your speed
    Magic Fang - 1 natural weapon of a creature gets +1 on attack and damage rolls
    Pass Without Trace - 1 subject/level leaves no tracks
    Read Magic - read scrolls and spellbooks
    Resist Energy - ignore 10 (or more) points of damage or attack from specified energy type
    Speak with Animals - Talk with animals
    Summon Nature's Ally I - calls an animal to fight for you

You won't get 2 level spells until you are ranger level 8. You would get 1 bonus spell for 1 level spells, so you can cast a total of 2 spells.

Animal companions for rangers:
    1 - 2 level: link and share spells

Link: A ranger can handle her animal as a Free Action or push it as a Move Action, even if she has no ranks in Handle Animal. The ranger gains +4 circumstance bonus on all Wild Empathy checks and Handle Animal checks reguarding her animal companion.

Share Spells: At the ranger's option, she can have any spell (but not a spell-like ability) she cast upon herself also affect her animal companion. The animal must be within 5 feet at the time of casting for the spell to take affect.

Example: You cast Endure Elements on yourself and your animal companion.

4. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Thank you kuemper. So Ja'a'la should have 2 spells.

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Nakia here's a neat list of spells by class and level, that I now find useful

6. DarkStrider

@kuemp, well I'm not sure how I was slobbering on the cave floor when I'd kept us all a ways down the trail to leave you alone, you don't want us there, you got it.

7. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

I was jesting! Sorry for having you slobber, DS, but come on; what do wolves do?

People want ideas to keep this RP running. I'm just trying to come up with something interesting. :bad:

8. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Hello everyone. I want to apologize for being gone for so long, and in particular I want to apologize to DarkStrider because he tried to keep me up to date. Anyways, I don't have much of an excuse for abandoning SP, only that my life got hectic (mostly school) and soon I realised that I had been gone for a pretty long time, and only now (with the onset of summer!) have I found the time neccesary to repair my broken connection with SP. So let me say, again, that I am sorry, and if everyone does not hate me too much, I hope that I can somehow slide back into Blood for the Abyss.

9. DarkStrider

Following our recent battles and trials everybody should level up to become ECL 7. Mauro is already there. :) :rolling:

This does include Silviras and Culculna, although they weren't directly involved always, they've been here in spirit. :grin:

[ June 26, 2006, 17:26: Message edited by: DarkStrider ]

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.