1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Blood for the Abyss

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Ilmater's Suffering, Feb 9, 2006.

1. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Culculna heard the summoning trumpets and sighed. He would have to face face the townspeople eventually. Warily he made his way towards the parade grounds, preparing himself to own up to his heritage and accept the town's judgement. Hadn't he helped drive the orcs from thw walls? Surely that was worth something?

2. Daie d'Malkin

Daie d'Malkin Shoulda gone to Specsavers

As Soren rose to find the mayor, the deva laid a hand on his shoulder, and sang a prayer. Soren felt the restoration spell incresae his strength, and remove the fatigue from his body. He gave his thanks, and with a last look pver his shoulder left the temple, and moved to the parade ground. He was walking past an alleyway below the outer wall when a movement caught his eye. He entered the alley, and could see someone moving in the shadows. His darkvision allowed him to make out what was going on; a figure was moving among the bodie of guards who had fallen from the walls, and was methodically removing all items of value from their corpses.

Soren called out, halting the man.

"What in the name of Heironimous do you think you're doing?"
    The man looked at Soren, saw his blood stained uniform, and evidently judged him to be wounded enough, and lunged at him, dagger leading.

Soren caught the man's hand, and squeezed until the dagger dropped. As the thief swung out to kick him, and jerked his arm, dislocating the thief's arm, and dropping him to the floor in pain. Soren crouched, and knocked him out with a swift punch. He called the guards, alerted them to the situation, and made his way to the parade ground to listen to the Mayor

3. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

Orianna finally made it to the temple, feeling a little embarrassed she couldn't hold back a misting of painfilled tears. She was a sorceress, Orianna told herself, and as a sorceress she didn't have to be so tough, but she kept thinking of a friend of hers from another plane, a duergar, who much like her was not like his brethern morally. She had seen this duergar wounded to the point where just about any other would have been on the ground, unconcious and bleeding to death, too badly wounded to cover any ground and furthering his injuries by still fighting, too stoic to even show pain. Orianna smiled at the though of her friend, and smiled at the fact that she had walked to the temple by herself, refusing what little help was offered to a tiefling, proving her toughness or more appropriately her will power over her pain.

"Darrik, I need you to talk on my behalf with those who have pledged their aid to Sunglow, stand beside Mayor Greendale and address them once Mayor Greendale has said his piece"

"Anything for you Lady Galla."

Orianna felt her heart swoon at the sight of the handsome cleric.

"One more think Darrik, I need you to bring Sir Soren Trueblood after all is done on the parade grounds, I have a special request to make of him."

"Of course My Lady."

Orianna limped towards the cleric, the astral deva cast an insensed look Orianna's way, but upon seeing that Orianna's aura was not one of evil, cast a friendly, but somewhat distrustful look Orianna's way.

"Are you the healer in this temple?", Orianna asked Darrik Whitehorn, "I'd be most... pleased... to have you take a look at my legs... err... ankle."

Darrik flushed red, "I'm... I'm sorry my good lady, but... I must be going now, I'm sure Lady Galla could help you."

Darrik quickly left the temple and Orianna turned her attention, disappointed, Galla's way.

"You need not move any further, most misfortunate child, let me see this wound of yours."

"It isn't a wound, I broke my ankle."

Galla frowned.

"It looks as if you'll be in my care of a little bit then."

The astral deva picked up Orianna and brought her deeper into the temple. Galla placed the tiefling on a bed and placed her hands on Orianna's ankle, galla's innate abilites then ran a light cure through Orianna's leg removing the pain.

4. kuemper Gems: 31/31
    Latest gem: Rogue Stone

The fires burned steadily until the orcs ran away or died from the flames and smoke. Skiffle hopped up and down, gleeful. It was looting time. Rubbing her hands together, she began searching the fallen for any valuables.

*BONG*

"Drat," she harumphed and ceased her corpse rolling. "I'm gonna see about putting that clapper in thick cloth. C'mon, Hymie, sounds like reward time for us faithful." She motioned for the Tall to follow and even went so far as to snatch his belt to guarantee his compliance. Stopping suddenly, she whipped around and spit in his hand. "Clean yourself up, blondie-blond. You look like one of those northern barbarians."

5. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

"Ok shortstuff I'm with you, lead the way and I am a northern barbarian" he chuckled at the gnome.

6. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Jeurson hid behind a barrel and watched the orcs run, they were gone and he didn't expect them to come back in a while. He went back up the wall and went down into the parade grounds and stood around waiting for something to happen. To ease his boredom he cut some purses and mad up a few riddles.

Voiceless cries, wingless flutters, toothless bites, mouthless mutters.

He liked that one a dark riddle for darker times. It was wind and he liked it very much.

7. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Mayor Greendale watched the mercenaries, adventurers and whoever else stream into the courtyard from a small wooden platform that had been build into the side of the keep. It was clear more then a few men had been lost in the battle, making the city council's plan of action a rather intelligent one, the soldiers would never be able to match the orcs number for number, so their survivality would have to be improved.

"Mayor Greendale, I come here on behalf of Lady Galla.", said Darrik Whitehorn

"Of course, of course."

Mayor Greendale waited until it appeared all who would come had arrived.

"Brave men and women who stood on the walls to day, be proud of yourselves, you fought with valor and honor and deserve all the rewards you shall get in the end. All of you are now forever welcome within this city, for you have proven your intentions with blood and steel. It has been brought to my attention that several small groups of a select few adventurers will have the chance to adventure beyond the wall in hopes of finding anything that can be of use to give our fighters and edge on the orcs."

"Mayor, may I say a piece?"

"Of course Darrik."

"Pelor has granted us several days in which we'll be safe from the orcs and while the the Council shall send some of you out in search of magical artifacts, the Church has need of those with strong spirit to search for a holy artifact located within this region that shall be turned against those cambions who plague us. We must not be idle with Pelor's time, all who desire to serve the church, report to the Temple of the Shining Sun, this is a task of utmost importance. Also if there is a Soren Trueblood within this crowd, you are to meet me at the main doors of the keep, you are needed.

Mayor Greendale shook his head, he did not understand how Darrik could make it seem as if the Church's needs where some how more important then the city's, the boy had a good heart, but was too ingrained with the old ways.

"Those who desire to to adventure outside of the city on my behalf, please speak with Alan Hendal, he shall decide which of you are going and which of you must remain with the town. Be sure to request the area you wish to seek as so we do not send you somewhere you may have issues functioning. You are all free to go now."

8. Daie d'Malkin

Soren flipped the helm from his head, and caught it, tucking it beneath his eyes. He ran a hand through his hair, and sighed as his hand came back blood-stained. He silently hoped he'd get the oppurtunity to bathe before heading off on any other mission.

He dragged his mind away from this superficial desire to the more important task at hand.

Soren strode towards the handsome priest who had called for him, and stopped before him.

"I am Soren Trueblood, you have need of me?"

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Silviras thanked the healer that was busily mending his wound, and hurried him to the parade grounds.

Silviras stepped on the side of the wall, then dove off, gliding into a nice soar. He started humming a tune and words of his native tongue came pouring out like a river, the enchantments of the spell covering them like rain.

He landed in the parade grounds with a light thud. He inquired about what had went on, then set out to find Alan Hendal.

10. Ilmater's Suffering Gems: 21/31

Darrik Whitehorn sighed tragically.

"It is Lady Galla who has need of you."

Darrik then looked away and muttered under his breath, "How can I ever hope to prove myself to her if I am forced to deal with Church matters instead evil creatures."

Darrik turned back to Soren.

"Follow me back to the temple."

11. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"What can you see?" Skiffle demanded of her current companion. Her small stature made it impossible for her to see much of the speaker. "Sounds like that freaky goody-goody Whitehorn blathering. I pay my tithe to *not* have him talk." The words 'outside' and 'artefact' came to her ears. "Oh, now that's my cup of tea. Let's go, Hymie," she stated and tried to drag the barbarian behind her. "Ompah, ompah!" She shoved at his heavily muscled legs with her shoulders.

12. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la went to find Alan Hendal and volunteer for one of the woodland ventures. It would be a relief to be out of the city and back in her element no matter what the danger. Shalm crowded close to her still growling softly.

13. Daie d'Malkin

"Lady Galla? But I've just come from her?" SOren shrugged "Ah well, another chance to be in her beateous presence is to be cherished." He sighed, and turned to the cleric.

"Lead on, good priest!"

14. deepfae Gems: 7/31
    Latest gem: Tchazar

Once again, it seemed that orcs had deprived Culculna of a home. He had just arrived, and now it looked as if he was heading off into the wilderness again. Still, in order to win the trust of the townsfolk, Culculna had no choice. After hearing the mayor's speech, Culculna looked around, and noticed a formidable looking man with a brutal scar across his forehead. The man's appearance made Culculna smile, reminding him of a certain sea captain, by the name of O'Kane, that had figured in many of his parents' stories. Culculna made his way slowly but surely towards the man (Culculna still suffered from his untended wounds). Upon reaching him, Culculna asked:
    "Pardon, are you Alan Hendal?"

15. Benan Gems: 20/31

Haveing wandered around the field of battle Valis ventured into the city. He heard the mayors speech and was headnig to find Hendal, when he spotted the man, he saw a few faces he recognized from the battle includeing another drow. Fingering his scimitars incase this drow came from his hometown Valis ventured closer to Hendal. "I'd like to sign up for this quest. My skills might be helpful."

16. DarkStrider

DarkStrider I've seen the future and it has seen me Distinguished Member

Valnar looked down at the gnome "Let me guess outdoors, artefact, gold, yes? Agree do I, Hendal we find yes? If no objection you have, quicker this way is!" and so saying he picked up the gnome and sat her on his shoulder, and then he moved swiftly and agilely in the direction of Hendal "Sign up we will for quest, tracker I am and scout she is yes? You will have need think we."

17. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Ja'a'la found Hendal with several other persons. Thinking to herself, "Hum, interesting little group." Aloud to Hendal. "I am here to sign on for a woodland trek. I believe I would be quite helpful. More so than here in the city." Shalm gave a low throaty growl of agreement.

18. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Jeurson followed the gnome to the groupe of "oddies". He struted up to the table but couldn't see the top. Grumbling he walked under it and smacked the mans shins.

"Oi, you! Sign me up!" He commanded, he man laughed and was about to say something. Jeurson didn't want his insults, so he jumped up onto his lap and then jumped onto the table. He took the over sized pen and drew a squiggle.

"That means Jeurson! Ya got that?" he man simply nodded. Juerson then jumped down and leaned against a chair leg.

19. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

Sliviras circled over the city, conversing with the birds who flew beside him. They pointed him in the direction of Alan Hendal, and he swooped down towards him. He landed beside the building and walked in. He inquired to the Hendal one and signed up.

20. kuemper Gems: 31/31

"This is what I'm talkin' about! Gadzooks, I can see everything from up here!" Skiffle was in gnomish happyland. She saw too much and nearly fell off her high perch due to the excitement coursing through her. She hopped onto a table, signed the proper documents and said to the man, "We're signing up for your expedition, good sir. Show us where to go." She scrambled back onto her aerial throne, twisting her fingers with glee.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.