1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Boromir's back *spoiler*

Discussion in 'Whatnots' started by Erran, Jan 20, 2002.

1. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

In LotR 2, for all those who (like me) thought Sean Bean's death scene on of the high points of the movie. No, they don't cast ressurection on him, he appears in a vision.

2. Taluntain

Taluntain Resident Alpha and Omega Staff Member ★ SPS Account Holder Resourceful Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Oh brother... LoTR 2: Revenge of Boromir. :rolleyes:

That guy really is desperate for screen time...

3. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sean Bean always gets capped. Has he been in any movies where he lived through till the ending credits?

4. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31
    Latest gem: Glittering Beljuril

Veteran

Why is a movie spoiled by something like this???

5. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31
    Latest gem: Zircon

Yes, Sean Bean always played losers... :lol:

6. Khazar Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Shaun Bean is a loser but he did take 3 arrows after all didn't he.

7. I'm confused... Is it *Shaun* Bean, or *Sean* Bean? And you know what? That guy *is* a total loser... /me goes off and mocks Boromir by picking up a necklace with a ring on it and starts staring at it.

8. Erran Gems: 19/31
    Latest gem: Aquamarine

It's spelled Sean and pronounced Shaun. :)

9. Get a machine gun, fill it with arrows, and fire at will on Sean Bean. That'll stop him coming back.

10. Arabwel

Arabwel Screaming towards Apotheosis Veteran

Media:
    No... not again... NOOOOO! *hides under the desk when remembers Highlander 2...*

Ara
    (I want my own cool superpower...)

11. PowerPuff Guest

Hey, stop picking on the man! After all, he survived in Bravo Two Zero (though he did lose some of his teeth...) ;)

12. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

well.. Boromir did survive... The only thing is that I suppose Mandos told Boromir's Sould that dwells in the Halls of Mandos to go back and appear in a vision so Sean Bean doesn't have to do totally nothing in the next two parts of the movie.

13. Ironbeard Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

What kind of vision? Is it Faramir's vision of him lying dead in the boat, or does he get lines as well?

14. Sir Dargorn Gems: 21/31
    Latest gem: Pearl

I thought Sean was the equal bets actor in the film along with the other Sean and the mighty Sir Ian. I would not mind if he came back and to be quite honest if the film kept to the story throughout two towers i would be terribly bored. There are long periods of slow (but still entertaining to read) story movement and if they included this in the film it would become gone with the wnd part two. So maybe it is as an alternitive link to get the important info across without boring the hell out of everyone.

15. ejsmith Gems: 25/31
    Latest gem: Moonbar

Sean Bean's niche is villian/evil characters. Boromir isn't exactly *evil*, but he has a hard time letting go of the ring. Some people just play excellent villians, and it makes whacking them all that much more pleasant. Like David Warner (ignore Startrek6). It threw me at first that Magneto is Gandalf, but he does a good job, so kudos. Just makes Ian that much more of a dynamic actor.

Overall, I can't think of any casting glitches that stand out like Jar Jar Binks. If Boromir shows back up for a couple of scenes, hopefull he's not chasing Frodo (i've not read _the book_ yet).

16. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

[​IMG] Ian McKellen is also very good in the role of Richard the third.
    Ejsmith: you haven't red the books yet? Then go, and read it again and again and again... And Boromir won't chase Frodo in the second part, I assure you... :lol:

17. Shadowcouncil Gems: 29/31

Veteran

SPOILER!

The only thing that happens in LoTR concerning Boromir is indeed that his brother Faramir tells Frodo that he had a sort of vision, at the river Anduin he saw his brother in a boat floating on the River.

18. Mollusken Gems: 24/31
    Latest gem: Water Opal

Isn't Boromir's horn given to Denethor?

19. Turambar Gems: 13/31
    Latest gem: Ziose

I think Gandalv and Pippin brings it to him, either that or it has been washed down the river and they find it themselves.

20. Alyr Arkhon Gems: 10/31

No, Godorian soldiers found the Horn, and brought it to Denethor. Denethor actullay shows the Horn to Pippin.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.