1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Brynn Shander

Discussion in 'Role-play Corner' started by Dalamar Maximus, Jul 30, 2005.

1. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    Bjorn watched Berg for a little while and liking what he saw said; "Mr. Schaufelhand, I have to be honest with you. You seem like a decent chap to me."

He removes his helmet exposing his pointed ears. "I'm half-elf. My Mother is human and raised me. I never knew my father. I don't know much about elves but my mother told me dwarves and elves don't like each other. If it's a problem let me know."

2. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Berg jumped back a step. "Galloping goblins! A half-elf, but you say you never knew your father? Just your human mother? Well, I guess I can't hold it against you then."

He loosened his grip on his pick. "Your mother's right. We dwarves and elves don't get along, in my profession especially. No sooner than I get to a new job, and start cutting timbers for the walls or siege towers, or quarrying rocks for catapults, than a bunch of elves want to stick arrows in me and my crew for desecrating their sacred forest or beautiful mountains. How the hell do they expect me to defend a town without making use of the resources the gods gave us to use? The trees do grow back, but they don't seem to realize that."

Berg took a bottle out of his belt pack and took a drink. He offered it to Bjorn. "Want a drink? It's kind of nice to talk to a person who actually thinks. The members of my crew are all good fellows, but they've all met with unfortunate accidents, and don't really talk much. Have you ever thought about being a ballista crew leader?"

3. Nakia

Nakia The night is mine Distinguished Member ★ SPS Account Holder Adored Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) Torment: Tides of Numenera SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!) BoM XenForo Migration Contributor [2015] (for helping support the migration to new forum software!)

Media:
    "Thanks" Bjorn takes a good swig from the bottle.

"You'd have to teach me. I do learn quick. As far as worrying about sacred trees and such, I guess being raised by a wonderful human makes me think human. As a fighter I worry about what will keep me alive."

Bjorn offers his hand to Berg. "Care to shake on a new friendship?"

4. Scot

Scot The Small One Veteran Pillars of Eternity SP Immortalizer (for helping immortalize Sorcerer's Place in the game!)

Berg took Bjorn's hand and shook it with the strength garnered from a few centuries of hard-rock mining. He was impressed with the strength of the half-elf, his mother must have been a strong one. "Friends. My crew and I are bunking in the big building on the south-west corner of the square. I told the commander no elves in it, but I'll make an exception for you. I'm just about done with my inspection of the walls. I better go report to the commander. See you later." Berg went back into the town.

5. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31
    Latest gem: Bloodstone

Furian was amazed at the report. Money, money, money where was going to get it. Furian got an idea.

He called his page " Find me scouts who can bring messages to the other nine towns" he said " And tell my leuitenant to find men to be officers" the page was putting it to memory, but Furian didn't want him just standing there " NOW! " he yelled. The page yelped and ran to his duties. He counted ten seconds before he pulled back a curtain that showed a little alcove containing a small mirrior. He squated before it and whispered " Meera are you there? "

6. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Cameron was patrolling the city (curfew at dusk) when he heard a lovely voice singing his favorite tune " the six of Kuldahar ". Cameron waited till the end of the show before went up and congratulated the singer. He bought him some ale and they laughed and drank untill he realized he was to patrol he said farewell to the singer and hurried out.

When he was a couple blocks away he realized he forgot to ask his name. "Oh well" he thought" I'll meet him again".

7. Nakia

Media:
    Rubbing the hand Berg had shaken Bjorn makes his way to the big building. Going in he speaks to the others but just gets a muttered, "Don't touch our stuff."

He goes to a bunk slightly away from the others and settles his stuff in.

"Now what do I know about ballistics? Not much. I have seen the damage they can do. Maybe I should look over those scrolls and see if there are any spells easy enough for me to learn."

He settles on the bunk, pulls out the scroll case and starts going through the scrolls.

8. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Daren says to Nooka,"I can offer stealth, agility, charisma and strength!" He pulled back his sleave to reveal an impressive muscle for a hobbit, but small to a human. "And I have very sharp eyes!!"

9. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

I wish the Commander would tell us what to do!!, thought Daren. He looked around and saw that you could get up on the walls. He promptly walked up to the wall, glancing over the wall at the advancing army, emotions welling up inside of him. "Maybe it wasn't such a good idea to come here, Georgia," he said to his pony, suppressing tears," What if we don't make it and never see Garen again.." he then sat down and covered his face with his shaking hands.

10. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31
    Latest gem: Jasper

Veteran

After the show Jeibi went to look for something to do. He wanted to find that chap he had a chat with earlier but he was nowhere to be found. Just at that moment he heard someone crying on top of one of the walls. He quickly went up there to see what was the matter. When he got there he found a halfling crying his eyes out.

"What's the matter?," Jeibi said in a concrened voice.

11. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"I'm afraid," Daren said, not looking up," I might not see my brother again!"

12. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

Jeibi thought about what to say.
    "I am sure you will see your brother again (picturing his name to be James for some reason)"

13. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"Thank you, crazy-hair man...uh... you look kinda like a girl," Daren said giggling," and your hair looks like you haven't had a bath in a month!"

14. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"I'm glad my uhh... funny appearance... cheared you up," said Jeibi rather flatly. "I was journeying for along time." He pushes a piece of hair out of his face. "As for the girly thing I get that all of the time... from men at least. How about I sing you a song to chear you up. I am a bard you know"
    So Jeibi started to sing in a song in Japanese
    "Hitori de wa, tooi a****a wo
    Yoake no mama de, koesou de

Butsukatteikya kokeru omoi yo
    Konya mo mata, sure chigai"

15. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

"That's a great song, Crazed-Hair. I think we should be friends. I will watch out for you when we fight the goblins."

16. Dalamar Maximus Gems: 11/31

Furian found some captains but no messangers.

" Get me every halfling or rouge like people" he yelled " They'll be my scouts"

17. Nicolas Hydre Gems: 6/31

Veteran

"I will also watch out for you friend"
    Just then Jeibi heard someone yell for all the halflings. "You'd best go see what's up. I think I'll see if I can get myself a decent weapon."

18. Scot

Berg had finished writing his report on the walls, submitting it, getting his crew fed, toiletted, and in bed, and getting some ale for himself. He walked out of the tavern after having an ale or six, and was on his way back to the barracks.

Taking a shortcut through an alley, he heard several light thumps as several shapes jumped from the roof tops and landed on either side of him.

Bugbears! Ten on his right and ten on his left. How the hell did they get in here unnoticed?

"ALARM! ALARM! ALARM!" he shouted at the top of his voice. He drew his double bladed axe and took it in a powerful two-handed grip. Swinging backwards, he separated a bugbears lower leg from its knee.

He hoped some help would arrive, not so soon that he didn't make a lasting impression about taking on so many bugbears on his own, but soon enough that he was still around to enjoy the tale.

19. Nakia

Media:
    Having gotten something to eat, Bjorn was restless and wandering around. Suddenly he heard a yell from an alley and the sound of fighting. Racing down the alley he saw Berg surrounded by bugbears. Several where already on the ground.

Yelling, with gleaming scimitars in hand he swept into the fight. Whirling and leaping he began removing legs, arms, heads from the creatures.

The dwarf seemed a one-man army and Bjorn knew he was good but he did hope someone else might turn up. Oh well, if felt good to be in action. As his scimitars struck one sent off bright white sparks and the other glowed a firey red, both causing extra damage to whatever it struck.

20. Elwithral Irenicus Gems: 20/31

While the halfling was walking towards the Barracks, he heard a yell and saw an elf run into the alley.

"I'll help you!!" Daren yelled, pulling out his sling, (which he was very good with) and launching a rock straight at a bugbear's head, although Daren didn't know what the bugbear was.

Daren saw another short person, so he fought with more enthusiasm, launching around 100 a minute at full speed.

A bugbear turned around to see what was hitting him, and he swiped Daren right into the wall. "OOOWWW!!" Daren said getting up just in time to dodge a falling club. Daren then took out his short sword, and stabbed it into the bugbear;s foot.

"Gotcha!" Daren said smiling. Daren then climbed up the bugbear's back, hitting him on the head rapidly with his fists.

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.