1. SPS Accounts:
    Do you find yourself coming back time after time? Do you appreciate the ongoing hard work to keep this community focused and successful in its mission? Please consider supporting us by upgrading to an SPS Account. Besides the warm and fuzzy feeling that comes from supporting a good cause, you'll also get a significant number of ever-expanding perks and benefits on the site and the forums. Click here to find out more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
You are currently viewing Boards o' Magick as a guest, but you can register an account here. Registration is fast, easy and free. Once registered you will have access to search the forums, create and respond to threads, PM other members, upload screenshots and access many other features unavailable to guests.

BoM cultivates a friendly and welcoming atmosphere. We have been aiming for quality over quantity with our forums from their inception, and believe that this distinction is truly tangible and valued by our members. We'd love to have you join us today!

(If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us. If you've forgotten your username or password, click here.)

Bug if I try to join with Bodhi?!!

Discussion in 'Baldur's Gate 2: Enhanced Edition' started by Eyebreaker7, Nov 15, 2015.

1. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I tried to side with Bodhi instead of the shadow thieves but once the screen blacks out and comes back in (Bodhi goes into her little sanctum or whatever you choose to call it) my party is gone. If I look on the map it shows the 6 circles right where I should be. But the party is gone. I try to move and it does nothing but put the circles where I click. I tried reloading and choosing different talk choices and it still happens. I tried the ctrl + J but that does nothing either. It won't let me side with Bodhi. Any ideas? I've saved and reloaded. I've reloaded from a previous game. I exited the game completely and reloaded. Nothing works. :bang:
    My party:

Male LE male Half-orc Blackguard
    Male NG Gnome Dragon Desciple
    Valygar
    Jaheira
    Yoshimo
    & Neera

I am using the mod with the improved items. Like +5 Celestial Fury and stuff.
    I am also using the tweakpack.
    I think it's just those 2 mods.

--
    Forgot I am also using the "Dungeon be gone" mod as well.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 16, 2015
  2. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    Never had this happen to me (granted, I don't join with Bodhi very often), sounds like a bug and shouldn't be caused by any of the mods that you have installed. Did you try to reload an earlier save and see if it happened again?

3. Eyebreaker7

Eyebreaker7 Someone clean my litter box ★ SPS Account Holder Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    I've saved and reloaded. I've reloaded from a previous game. I exited the game completely and reloaded. Nothing works.

4. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    "Damnit Jim I'm a Blackguard not a Paladin. I wanna join the vampires." Lol.

Ok so the Blackguard kit falls under the Paladin class. It's still not a PURE Paladin. More of an Anti-Paladin. :borg:

5. henkie

henkie Hammertime Resourceful Adored Veteran New Server Contributor [2012] (for helping Sorcerer's Place lease a new, more powerful server!)

Media:
    That's some bug they left in, then. Adding a new class, then not making sure that he actually is can actually join the vampires...

6. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    I sided with her 1 time before but don't remember what happend. Not sure what race/class I was though. Oh well. Cake again I guess :aww:

7. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Well it seems I am also having the same problem if I try to join the Shadow Thieves. Should I uninstall and do a fresh re-install?
    Is there a way to uninstall mods without un-installing the whole game?

8. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    Did a fresh install, but it kept my saved games, installed the dungeon-be-gone, the tweak pack and it seems to run fine. Just have to figure out why I can't get the item upgrade program to run right. :tobattle:

9. xosmi Gems: 20/31
    Latest gem: Garnet

Resourceful Adored Veteran

Media:
    according to the mod compability thread on the beamdog forum, Weimer's Item Upgrade is not compatible as of yet, it simply states it can be made to work as it just needs an updated version of WeiDU, but it doesn't seem anyone has made an updated version available.
    Also, dungeon-be-gone should be installed before the bg2tweaks package.

you could try to follow the instructions here to replace the weidu .exe yourself here : https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/21600/player-how-to-getting-mods-to-work-on-ee-part-ii#latest

10. Eyebreaker7

Media:
    It does say it needs the latest updated version of WeiDU but I WAS using it with the old WeiDU and it worked. But I'm thinking maybe it had something to do with my problem. Doesn't seem like it would be related though.
    As for me trying to replace the WeiDU myself, lol, not easy enough for me. Computer iliterate sometimes. Thanks for the link though :1eye:

Sorcerer's Place is a project run entirely by fans and for fans. Maintaining Sorcerer's Place and a stable environment for all our hosted sites requires a substantial amount of our time and funds on a regular basis, so please consider supporting us to keep the site up & running smoothly. Thank you!

Sorcerers.net is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to products on amazon.com, amazon.ca and amazon.co.uk. Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.